Scottish Police General Secretary

BlueboyG

Euphoria of the fans? I've heard it all now. A few weeks back after we beat Celtic it was probably the best I've felt after a Rangers game and no doubt almost everyone else inside Hampden too - we were controled, responsible and mature enough not to run on the pitch, assault the taig players and goad the tims - weren't we?

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Euphoria of the fans? I've heard it all now. A few weeks back after we beat Celtic it was probably the best I've felt after a Rangers game and no doubt almost everyone else inside Hampden too - we were controled, responsible and mature enough not to run on the pitch, assault the taig players and goad the tims - weren't we?

Great point .

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

The few dozen had probably just witnessed a mob rushing past Rangers players and assaulting them and heading towards them. Not sure if I would just stand there waiting for them to get in among women,children and some old men.  

Exactly mate, another couple of minutes and the scummy bastards would've plucked up the courage to charge the stands then it would've been carnage without a cop to be seen. The Rangers fans that forced them back should be getting a pat on the back from the SFA and Police Scotland. 

Can only hope that an independent investigation is launched and that the merry-go-round of shifting blame is stopped and then allocated appropriately.

I suspect that the easiest thing for all concerned will be to dump it all on Hibs and Petrie. But the reality is SFA and police failed on the day, and the much bigger story of the years of build up to this will almost certainly be ignored.

1 hour ago, legalbeagle said:

Can only hope that an independent investigation is launched and that the merry-go-round of shifting blame is stopped and then allocated appropriately.

I suspect that the easiest thing for all concerned will be to dump it all on Hibs and Petrie. But the reality is SFA and police failed on the day, and the much bigger story of the years of build up to this will almost certainly be ignored.

I think your right but I don't have much faith in the chances of it happening . 

We are now seen as fair game and have been for a few years now , even people who have no interest in football in this country see us as the bad guys , after all the denigration of the club and support has been relentless in recent years . The prominence of those who dislike Rangers at the top of the scottish legal system gives me no confidence in getting any indepenent inquiry . Maybe I'm just getting cynical in old age ,Would love to be wrong though .