Changes to the Challenge Cup

1 minute ago, EatDolphins said:

I actually like the look of that. Could be interesting. 

Is this an idea or is it actually done? 

Done. Linfield have it on their website. Entered in the 4th round in November sometime.

Another close season, another attempt to reinvent Scottish football by the powers that be.

This one is comical.

Hypothetically speaking, one semi-final could be Hibs and Falkirk whilst the other could be Ross County U20s and a Welsh side.

This is what failure after failure, failure after failure to reach a major tournament causes; too much time on their hands to try to sprinkle a different colour of glitter over the same piece of shite.

20 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Another close season, another attempt to reinvent Scottish football by the powers that be.

This one is comical.

Hypothetically speaking, one semi-final could be Hibs and Falkirk whilst the other could be Ross County U20s and a Welsh side.

This is what failure after failure, failure after failure to reach a major tournament causes; too much time on their hands to try to sprinkle a different colour of glitter over the same piece of shite.

considering Linfield have beaten top clubs from Sweden and Greece in european cup competition in the last few years I think they might hold Ross County under 20s to a draw

10 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

considering Linfield have beaten top clubs from Sweden and Greece in european cup competition in the last few years I think they might hold Ross County under 20s to a draw

I never, ever thought I would hear this comment in regards to the Scottish Challenge Cup.

That says it all.

Does your season ticket apply for this?  Suspect not.  Why not play the U20s games at Ibrox say for few pounds admission - club make money on this and and all the match day add ons. I would go - I hate International breaks and would be keen to go along to match and see any promising youngsters in the U20s.