Bartons superb

Moobs

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Camshy said:

This is the reason I was worried about Barton coming in the first place, yeah sure some of the silly fans will love him coming out and talking get shit about Celtic and Broony but any level headed Rangers fan will be shaking our heads.

Mark Warburton has instilled dignity, respect and unity in this squad and that idiot Barton is knocking it all down, someone needs to have a word with him and tell him to shut the fuck up.

He's telling the truth. Hardly controversial statements he's making

making that cunt happy hahahaha if he's happy chasing bartons shadow at least 4 games this season then let him be joey ain't said a word out of place yet.

Think a few to many people are getting caught up in this Brenda hype machine.

3 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Personally I wish he'd shut the fuck up and let his game do the talking. 

He's still got a lot to do to win me and a lot of supporters over. 

Do a degree yes

This one not so bad, the other quote is cringey 

"He's not in my league .."  not the Rangers way and he should be made aware of it 

5 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Do a degree yes

"He's not in my league .."  not the Rangers way and he should be made aware of it 

he's not tho its only the truth not his fault if people can't accept it. Brown doesn't deserve to be on the same field a joey

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

he's not tho its only the truth not his fault if people can't accept it. Brown doesn't deserve to be on the same field a joey

It's not right to broadcast it, it's what they do best, sutton hartson lennon mcgeady etc.

Comes back to bite ye 

Brown isn't in the same league as joey. Brown would never have cut it in England whereas joey did well and had he had the nut screwed on a few year back he possibly could've moved up the ladder in terms of bigger clubs. Joey Barton has undoubted class and ability and will run the show up here, brown is an overrated nobody with a big mouth who has made a career out of being bang average and not an ounce better, hes never had concrete offers from anyone in England as they know how poor he is and he's stayed up here and try and be a big fish in a wee pond. SB is an extremely poor player and joey Barton knows it 

Just now, Rangers Lady said:

It's not right to broadcast it, it's what they do best, sutton hartson lennon mcgeady etc.

Comes back to bite ye 

what's no right about it on player ability Barton is the best player in Scotland. Nothing wrong with saying it. Its not as if he's saying well win the league easy done by Christmas etc. That's what can come back and bite ye. Regardless of winning the league or not Barton will still be the best player in Scotland easy on ability alone

6 minutes ago, Fabric said:

Brown isn't in the same league as joey. Brown would never have cut it in England whereas joey did well and had he had the nut screwed on a few year back he possibly could've moved up the ladder in terms of bigger clubs. Joey Barton has undoubted class and ability and will run the show up here, brown is an overrated nobody with a big mouth who has made a career out of being bang average and not an ounce better, hes never had concrete offers from anyone in England as they know how poor he is and he's stayed up here and try and be a big fish in a wee pond. SB is an extremely poor player and joey Barton knows it 

ffs shhhh mate you'll make"broony" happy it'll come back tae bite us ffs. Don't let me hear ye saying it again

:lol: Some sensitive souls on here.  He also said to Brazil that he's coming to play for the most successful club in the world and we're going for 55. That's when Brazil got that flustered way and said there's a gulf between his mob and Rangers. Good on joey I say!! Fuck them !!

11 minutes ago, Moobs said:

:lol: Some sensitive souls on here.  He also said to Brazil that he's coming to play for the most successful club in the world and we're going for 55. That's when Brazil got that flustered way and said there's a gulf between his mob and Rangers. Good on joey I say!! Fuck them !!

that's positive you'll need to go somewhere else if that's what your looking for.

I'm happy we have signed Barton and with luck ,he will be a brilliant signing .I also think he will noise up the beggars which he is doing 

.But some of the comments on "our Joey " as if you have been watching out for him all your lives as his greatest fan .Makes me laugh :D

1 hour ago, MDYT2 said:

You want him to fail eh ?

Aye of course.

I want him to be a good footballer for us not a sound byte guy. 

So far he hasn't kicked a ball for us and should keep his mouth shut until he's proved himself in the pitch.

Ha ha good on JB. Sometimes I thinks MW signed him, not only because he's a good player, but also Barton will say things in public that MW will not be able to (i.e take shit from outsiders and not able to truely and honestly answer back) and from what I heard what Barton said was calm and logical, so I don't know why folks on here are pissed off with it. Incase anyone wants a listen here's the link  http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1465711200#

go to the 10:30-11:00 section and the rangers bit starts at the 18 minute mark

4 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

This. To me, he's an extrvagance not needed given the shambles that is our defence and keeper. If thats not sorted soon, we're fucked 

Brian,  the keeper is fine it's the defence that needs fixed. Foderingham has shown this past season that he is a good shot stopper. 

He'd be a pretty fucking boring radio pundit if he didn't open his mouth and be a bit controversial.

Also what he's said so far has been spot on. He is better than Broon and most up here, also ALL of the pressure is on the tarriers. Barton has never been known as the shy type and I don't expect him to change now he's at Rangers.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Think we need to get a grip here .He hasn't played 1 game yet .Also can't imagine Brown will be happy with things said .Do we really need to give them extra motivation .Do the taking on the park all day long for me 

Surely they had the motivation in the Semi final mate? They were given the runaround by Rangers for most of the game. JB's replies to any questions I've heard him giving are well reasoned and erudite, surely something many of us have been wishing for from spokespersons for our club for years. He is building a reputation at the moment as a capable advocate of the club, his answers have been truthfull, forthright and passionate. And yes, I have no doubt Joey will do the talking on the park as well as he does in the media.

1 minute ago, True Azure said:

Surely they had the motivation in the Semi final mate? They were given the runaround by Rangers for most of the game. JB's replies to any questions I've heard him giving are well reasoned and erudite, surely something many of us have been wishing for from spokespersons for our club for years. He is building a reputation at the moment as a capable advocate of the club, his answers have been truthfull, forthright and passionate. And yes, I have no doubt Joey will do the talking on the park as well as he does in the media.

All good and I agree but the final bit is the most important 

2 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

Do a degree yes

What is the Rangers way ?

pander to all the haters 

stop releasing orange tops 

banning all the good pre match music 

ex players slating and patronising us in the media 

am delighted someone is speaking up for us that is in about our scene 

16 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

What is the Rangers way ?

pander to all the haters 

stop releasing orange tops 

banning all the good pre match music 

ex players slating and patronising us in the media 

am delighted someone is speaking up for us that is in about our scene 

After all the toxic bias thrown against Rangers after the Scottish Cup Final I reckon it's about time we started to speak out. The statement started a new wave of no longer standing back to politely take insult after insult. IF JB can back up his words then I for one am fucking delighted with what he's said - he winds people up with facts and intellectual argument - in a way that people listen to.  

I'd like to see Rangers sort their PR machine out to be much more pro-active in broadcasting our perspectives more vociferously on ALL fronts -especially at a national level to help get word out to/educate the rest of the country - I spend a  lot of time explaining to people South of the border what kind of abusive, hostile, anti-UK banners and songs the filth are allowed to use in Scotland while we are muzzled and castigated - they are astonished when the find out a fraction of what's going on! Our lack of ability or will to project ANY message on a wider stage is infuriating and the club's statement to me indicated a time for change in communications terms,

Fuck sitting back and turning the other cheek like the United Nations any more. All we end up with is a sore face and an opposition who are taking more and more media control.

I know that what's needed is a coordinated club strategy, but it starts with actually finding a voice ...and like it or not he is a public figure who is also a media figure - that can be a real advantage for us - as I say IF he lives up to his own billing. I admire the fact that he said himself at the time of the SB question (provocatively positioned by Brazil to draw him into being seen as a thug) that he knows that he is putting himself under all the pressure by saying that he needs to perform at the levels he's stating but that's the reason he's coming up here - not to make up the numbers. 

BTW in the same session he also added that he doesn't think he has the right to anything and that he knows he has to earn his place and his reputation step by step.

At the end of the day the only thing that will separate total positivity from arrogance in our eyes is how well he delivers.

In the meantime I'd like to be positive and support & welcome Joey Barton as he is now one of us!

:541:

Technically he's still a Burnley player so MW has no authority over him. He's not being out of order anyway. but after June 30th maybe he'll be told to think about the way it is inSscotland and make sure he considers things fully before giving the pariah media something to bite on. 

4 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Technically he's still a Burnley player so MW has no authority over him. He's not being out of order anyway. but after June 30th maybe he'll be told to think about the way it is inSscotland and make sure he considers things fully before giving the pariah media something to bite on. 

Nope no chance.