Maciej Gostomski explains Rangers exit

5 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

If he had stayed on, he might well have had a real chance of taking the No 1 spot. Given the drop in form Wes showed toward the end of the season.

Good point.

Kind words, but betrays quite a lack of confidence.

Wes was mostly ok, but Maciej might have stuck around a bit longer to be quite sure that he never had a chance.

Can see him having a lot of short spells at a lot of clubs if that's his attitude.

5 hours ago, HG5 said:

Good point.

Kind words, but betrays quite a lack of confidence.

Wes was mostly ok, but Maciej might have stuck around a bit longer to be quite sure that he never had a chance.

Can see him having a lot of short spells at a lot of clubs if that's his attitude.

The big fella might be lacking in a few things,HG, but confidence isn't one of them. He may or may not have said those words, but I have just returned from Poland and I can tell you his departure was not solely made on football matters, or anything to do with his time at Ibrox.

I spent some time talking to a few football friends there who "keep their ear to the ground" regards all things to do with Polish players abroad and they all agreed his leaving had more to do with a personal issue rather than a football issue.

No matter what the cause was, I wish the big fella all the best with Korona Kielce and I might get to see him play if he gets selected next season as I have friends in Kielce.

13 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

The big fella might be lacking in a few things,HG, but confidence isn't one of them. He may or may not have said those words, but I have just returned from Poland and I can tell you his departure was not solely made on football matters, or anything to do with his time at Ibrox.

I spent some time talking to a few football friends there who "keep their ear to the ground" regards all things to do with Polish players abroad and they all agreed his leaving had more to do with a personal issue rather than a football issue.

No matter what the cause was, I wish the big fella all the best with Korona Kielce and I might get to see him play if he gets selected next season as I have friends in Kielce.

Good info mate - hope it works out for him.

Obviously way more going on than they're letting on - I know we can't be told everything in such circumstances, but I do wish they wouldn't give us the sort of flannel that was in the article.

Folk can draw all sorts of wrong conclusions - like me for instance!

Hope you're doing ok.

41 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Very criptic. 

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Good info mate - hope it works out for him.

Obviously way more going on than they're letting on - I know we can't be told everything in such circumstances, but I do wish they wouldn't give us the sort of flannel that was in the article.

Folk can draw all sorts of wrong conclusions - like me for instance!

Hope you're doing ok.

I knew there was more than football reasons about his exit as soon as I brought up the subject with my friends, as I got that "I wish you hadn't asked that question" look on their faces. One of my friends actually was at Legia when Gostomski was there when they were both youngsters and although they don't keep in touch these days Bartek still keeps a keen eye on what's happening in football.

I don't think we ever get to know the full story on what happens with clubs/players these days (especially when the report is from a rag) unless a player decides to spill the beans to get paid for an "Exclusive" by the media, although in most cases there is a confidentiality clause insisted on by the club so it doesn't damage the current board.

I'm doing reasonably well,thank you mate! but I must admit that journey from Warsaw to Sydney tested me out a bit. :pipe:

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Very criptic. 

I agree it may be cryptic,Graeme, but unless my friends give me a 100% factual reason then all I can do is say what their opinion was. I trust my Polish friends not to give me info that is way off the mark and whether it's the entire reason or not, I'm happy with what I was told.

Bit of a waste of ink. I left rangers because there was a much better goalie in front of me. 

It never stopped Neil Alexander, or Allan McGregor. Both bided their times, then grasped it with both hands when the opportunity came. 

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

I knew there was more than football reasons about his exit as soon as I brought up the subject with my friends, as I got that "I wish you hadn't asked that question" look on their faces. One of my friends actually was at Legia when Gostomski was there when they were both youngsters and although they don't keep in touch these days Bartek still keeps a keen eye on what's happening in football.

I don't think we ever get to know the full story on what happens with clubs/players these days (especially when the report is from a rag) unless a player decides to spill the beans to get paid for an "Exclusive" by the media, although in most cases there is a confidentiality clause insisted on by the club so it doesn't damage the current board.

I'm doing reasonably well,thank you mate! but I must admit that journey from Warsaw to Sydney tested me out a bit. :pipe:

Very interesting!

You're right about rarely getting the full story. Sometimes, though, a simple 'not the right fit for this stage of my career' would head off a lot of idle speculation!

Sounds like you're getting ready to make that trip again - look after yourself OB!

43 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Very interesting!

You're right about rarely getting the full story. Sometimes, though, a simple 'not the right fit for this stage of my career' would head off a lot of idle speculation!

Sounds like you're getting ready to make that trip again - look after yourself OB!

I agree with you about what you say to the media,mate, because I learned very early on in the piece that the less you say to the media the better; in fact you're better off not saying anything to the fuckers and that way they haven't got a creditable story to print.

At the moment I'm seriously thinking of going to Poland again next year as  've got a few invites to watch Legia Warsaw from a private hospitality suite and an invite to watch Poland when and if they play at the National Stadium in Warsaw.

If Legia get drawn against the Shettlestons in the CL elimination rounds then I'm a definite for it. :pipe:  I was at Legia's final game against  Pogoń Szczecin a few weeks ago when they won the championship......Fucking mental from start to finish :thumbup: here's a few pics I took at the game.

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I agree with you about what you say to the media,mate, because I learned very early on in the piece that the less you say to the media the better; in fact you're better off not saying anything to the fuckers and that way they haven't got a creditable story to print.

At the moment I'm seriously thinking of going to Poland again next year as  've got a few invites to watch Legia Warsaw from a private hospitality suite and an invite to watch Poland when and if they play at the National Stadium in Warsaw.

If Legia get drawn against the Shettlestons in the CL elimination rounds then I'm a definite for it. :pipe:  I was at Legia's final game against  Pogoń Szczecin a few weeks ago when they won the championship......Fucking mental from start to finish :thumbup: here's a few pics I took at the game.

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

Brilliant pics, OB - looks spectacular!

Hope it all comes together for you!