Carlos Bocanegra

Gaz52

2 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Was a big fan of him but did we not have to pay him off in division two even when he had another club lined up? 

You might be right mate, I'm not sure. I always thought he left on good terms 

Can't be sure but don't think we had to pay him off. He went on loan in our first season in lower leagues. I think it might have been a Spanish club. His contract was probably up after that and he went back to USA. Was always a class act on and off the park. Will always be welcome at Ibrox as far as I'm concerned. 

13 minutes ago, ranter said:

Can't be sure but don't think we had to pay him off. He went on loan in our first season in lower leagues. I think it might have been a Spanish club. His contract was probably up after that and he went back to USA. Was always a class act on and off the park. Will always be welcome at Ibrox as far as I'm concerned. 

I think you're right there. Think bedoya went to Sweden. Can't remember where Gion went (or how to spell his name)

58 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Was a big fan of him but did we not have to pay him off in division two even when he had another club lined up? 

Yeah, he rejected a move home then once he received his pay-off he went to a different team.

I remember being in Maribor the day before we played them and we had the bare bones of a defence and there was massive doubt over wether he had actually signed and if he had if he would be eligible or not.

I think at the time the bheasts were on an email offensive to stop him playing

15 hours ago, ranter said:

He still had a year left, Goian was the same and Goian's agent admitted we paid him the full year of his contract so we will have done the same with Bocanegra.

We pay-off more players than we sell :power_of_anguish:

Still happy to take a half million quid pay off from us and had no intention of playing in lower leagues 

seen everyone gushing over him in the pub at the Charleston stadium but I never looked the direction he was on - better things to do there 

the players we've got now instead appear to be loyal and class acts the way the conduct themselves 

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

He still had a year left, Goian was the same and Goian's agent admitted we paid him the full year of his contract so we will have done the same with Bocanegra.

We pay-off more players than we sell :power_of_anguish:

Think this is unlikely. Why pay someone off with their full contract rather than keeping them playing or even forcing them to stay and sit on their arse if they don't accept an offer.. Deals would have been done. Maybe not great ones from our perspective but done anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Think this is unlikely. Why pay someone off with their full contract rather than keeping them playing or even forcing them to stay and sit on their arse if they don't accept an offer.. Deals would have been done. Maybe not great ones from our perspective but done anyway. 

It was confirmed