Guardian: Waghorn and Tav reject new deals

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Smile said:

He maybe just liked it for a laugh/.joke we will never know.

Yeah I know I just thought it was a photoshop job till I seen it. The last thing we need in an important season like this is players not giving 100% and spitting the dummy because another player has X amount of wages more. 

IMO I think it will boil down to the media talking pish but lets be brutally honest they haven't done anything that wasn't expected this season, bar the cellic game which am sure took most of us by surprise by how good we were. If they are happy where they are then they can prove they are worthy of new deals after this season.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Yeah I know I just thought it was a photoshop job till I seen it. The last thing we need in an important season like this is players not giving 100% and spitting the dummy because another player has X amount of wages more. 

IMO I think it will boil down to the media talking pish but lets be brutally honest they haven't done anything that wasn't expected this season, bar the cellic game which am sure took most of us by surprise by how good we were. If they are happy where they are then they can prove they are worthy of new deals after this season.

I honestly don't think Waghorn or even Tav will give less that 100% they both seem to be very happy at Rangers and won't want to let down Warburton.

I think or hope both do well this season then they can be rewarded.

Just now, Smile said:

I honestly don't think Waghorn or even Tav will give less that 100% they both seem to be very happy at Rangers and won't want to let down Warburton.

It's just going round in circles there are so many angles you can take to this story. Again they have both stated numerous times how happy they are here and I'm sure Waghorn moved his family up here, almost instantly. I think it is the media talking pish but I'd like to see the club. or the players involved rather to say something and actually show the media for what they are, idiots.

Just now, theiconicman said:

I'm pretty sure that any player that Warbueton has recruited is here because of Warburton. Not because we're Rangers. 

When Warburton leaves we'll have a lot of unsettled players until then I think the players will be happy and settled. 

Warburton has won nothing and achieved very little in the game , and is also not bigger than the club.

I don't mind giving praise when its deserved but for fuck sake the guy has done nothing yet and totally fucked up that cup final.

It's the modern football world. Barton comes in and will be on a very good wage so other players feel aggrieved and the agents mess with their head and say they'll get their players a better deal.

Im guessing Tavernier and Waghorn have the same agent 

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Warburton has won nothing and achieved very little in the game , and is also not bigger than the club.

I don't mind giving praise when its deserved but for fuck sake the guy has done nothing yet and totally fucked up that cup final.

Revisionist history pish.

Just now, the goal machine said:

Revisionist history pish.

Warburton uses some of the same tactics next season he's going to fail big time , and folk will be calling for his head immediately.

I am all for praising anyone who deserves it but this guy hasn't done anything yet and some in here treat him like a god.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Warburton uses some of the same tactics next season he's going to fail big time , and folk will be calling for his head immediately.

I am all for praising anyone who deserves it but this guy hasn't done anything yet and some in here treat him like a god.

He's completely turned our club around in the space of a year, he's bought extremely well and we managed to beat Celtic while completely out-playing them at times.

The cup final was very disappointing but we've lost finals under every manager.

1 minute ago, CottonRunt said:

Waghorn (or Wagehorn as i may start calling him if this is true!) just "unliked" the guardian post on twitter.

Make of that what you will.

I suggest the gaffer has been on to him and told him in no uncertain fashion.

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We won't change tactics, it might be minor changes but the general style will never change, and that is the style we will win the league with.

Just now, the goal machine said:

He's completely turned our club around in the space of a year, he's bought extremely well and we managed to beat Celtic while completely out-playing them at times.

The cup final was very disappointing but we've lost finals under every manager.

Agreed but he's won nothing and some of his tactics and decisions he's made have been questionable at least.

I hope we knit well and go on to win everything then he will deserve praise but like i said if he flops next season he will be gone.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

We won't change tactics, it might be minor changes but the general style will never change, and that is the style we will win the league with.

Hope we do , but there will be games where he has to change.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

He tried against Hibs with 3 at the back and we were horrendous. Changed it back to the usual and we should have won it. We just won't change IMO and I think with players like Barton, and hopefully a decent CB and striker we will start conceding less and scoring even more

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

We won't change anything, Warburton has made that clear. 

Barcelona don't ever change their style of play and they dominated the world for around 4 years playing the same way. So no, he doesn't "need" to change it

I'd be surprised if they hadn't asked for an upgrade. Just like MW they deserve at minimum an improved contract being discussed.

Also as one of the better players i'd be knocking on doors asking why a teenager is on more money that me without even kicking a ball. I know we are going for a squad rotation but Tavs was clearly a Key player last year, as was Wallace (who as captain should be on the highest playing wage). Waghorn maybe a very important play but not Key as we had cover for him.

This season however perhaps Tavs will drop to a squad rotation. Any hoo thye've not exactly gone now have they just because they rejected a contract offer. Load of pish in the end.