Dom Ball

2 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

It's pointless debating whether he could have stopped those goals because it's a completely different game if he plays.

He would have given us better shape and discipline in the middle. Whether we win is a different matter but imo we play a lot better.

We lost both games against Hibs which Dom Ball started though, one of which he was awful (3-2 ER)

7 minutes ago, WGOH said:

We lost both games against Hibs which Dom Ball started though, one of which he was awful (3-2 ER)

Two of those goals were caused by a combination of Foderingham, Kiernan and Tavernier. One from our own throw in, the other a keeper howler from a cross. Not sure how he can stop those.

The first game I can't really remember, although we tried a new shape and Wilson was awful having just come back from injury.

Before the likes of Barton, Nico and Rossiter signed, many of us hoped he'd move to us permanently or at least on another loan but expectations are much higher now, and rightly so. I don't think he'll be back but if we don't sign another CB another loan deal wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. 

3 hours ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Zelalem was about the only player to get pass marks that day.

Based on what? 

I dont get what zelalam actually brought into the team infact when he came back in towards the end of the season we were brutal barring the semi final which we should have won long before penalties 

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Lost two goals form a corner and he wouldn't have been in a position to stop the opener, don't think he would have made any difference.

Fair point.  Another way to look at it, however, is that with Ball in the CDM position we may have won the ball a lot more in the middle of the park, created more opportunities and scored more goals.

All ifs and buts and maybes though.  We lost the final and it's still gut-wrenching.

26 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

Based on what? 

I dont get what zelalam actually brought into the team infact when he came back in towards the end of the season we were brutal barring the semi final which we should have won long before penalties 

Our best player after the game against the taigs.

24 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

Based on what? 

Based on the game? 

So the slump was all his fault? He barely featured in any of the final few games and was played out of necessity in the Final more than anything. Holt and Halliday (bar the goal) were non-existant along side him. Zelalem was by far the best player in midfield in that game.

3 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Based on the game? 

So the slump was all his fault? He barely featured in any of the final few games and was played out of necessity in the Final more than anything. Holt and Halliday (bar the goal) were non-existant along side him. Zelalem was by far the best player in midfield in that game.

The team also improved a lot when he got dropped midway through the season 

he just reminded me of hemdani who was also very over rated