English Football

Clemdog

15 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Why was the Liverpool goal displayed as an image without the lines?

That seems suspicious to me.

If the usual still image appeared on the big screen with the lines drawn and "onside" then the ref would either give the goal, or ask for clarification from the VAR team what's going on before restarting.

The game should be replayed.

Why should it be replayed? 

Should Wolves Man U be replayed because Wolves never got a stone wall penalty? Should Brentford Forest be replayed because Brentford never got one? 

27 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why should it be replayed? 

Should Wolves Man U be replayed because Wolves never got a stone wall penalty? Should Brentford Forest be replayed because Brentford never got one? 

This is different.  Bad calls are bad calls but they have, since the dawn of the game, had "subjectivity" to hide behind.

This is more like an administrative error where the team of officials agreed it was a goal then failed to award it - the integrity of the game and the result is lost after that.  Could you imagine an equaliser in the final minute of a world cup final happened like this?  It would surely have to be replayed.

7 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

This is different.  Bad calls are bad calls but they have, since the dawn of the game, had "subjectivity" to hide behind.

This is more like an administrative error where the team of officials agreed it was a goal then failed to award it - the integrity of the game and the result is lost after that.  Could you imagine an equaliser in the final minute of a world cup final happened like this?  It would surely have to be replayed.

Bollocks. 

Arsenal literally dropped two points in the run in last season when the officials allowed an offside goal to stand. Bournemouth were relegated after officials decided not to give them a goal that crossed the line.

Were those games replayed? Will they want to replay the game with 10 men? Or 9 men?

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Bollocks. 

Arsenal literally dropped two points in the run in last season when the officials allowed an offside goal to stand. Bournemouth were relegated after officials decided not to give them a goal that crossed the line.

Were those games replayed? Will they want to replay the game with 10 men? Or 9 men?

Except it's not bollocks is it?  The result is bollocks.  Everything that happened after they failed to award the goal is tainted, so the result has no integrity, nobody can take it seriously.  If Spurs go on and win the league by 1 point with Liverpool in 2nd everyone will look back at the game in which Liverpool took the lead only for an administrative/communicative/technological error to fail to award the goal.  I'm not sure how anyone can take that seriously, it's on a par with match-fixing, and tbh, who's to say it isn't match-fixing under the guise of "human error"?

Just now, RealWorldRich said:

Except it's not bollocks is it?  The result is bollocks.  Everything that happened after they failed to award the goal is tainted, so the result has no integrity, nobody can take it seriously.  If Spurs go on and win the league by 1 point with Liverpool in 2nd everyone will look back at the game in which Liverpool took the lead only for an administrative/communicative/technological error to fail to award the goal.  I'm not sure how anyone can take that seriously, it's on a par with match-fixing, and tbh, who's to say it isn't match-fixing under the guise of "human error"?

See that’s mr Rangers fans were to blame for Seville water issues back

1 hour ago, RealWorldRich said:

Yes,

They show an image like this

r1051561_1296x864_3-2.jpg

or

r772565_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg

in the Spurs v Pool game, the image had no lines on it, and didn't declare at the bottom as being on/off.

How would this have changed anything?

VAR made the right call with regard to it being offside or not, they just got mixed up as to what the onfield decision was.

27 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

How would this have changed anything?

VAR made the right call with regard to it being offside or not, they just got mixed up as to what the onfield decision was.

Because in the stadium they showed a still image, with no lines and no decision at the bottom.  So nobody was any the wiser at the time.

Had the image been shown with the lines and the words "onside" at the bottom, for everyone to see, including the ref, there's no way the game resumes.

This is why the whole thing is suspect to me.

I understand the human error - the VAR team confirmed the onfield decision having not realised the linesman flagged - bit what's the explanation of the still image being shown with no drawn lines?  

To me thats 2 major mistakes that add up to be too much of a coincidence.

43 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

It is bollocks.

What if Arsenal lost the league by a point last season, by a decision that is on a par with match fixing?

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It is bollocks.

What if Arsenal lost the league by a point last season, by a decision that is on a par with match fixing?

Depends on the nature of the "decision".  

I don't understand your point here, any football fan that accepts the Spurs vs Liverpool result as "valid, move on" I really don't get why you would even bother following the sport.

I stopped bothering with F1 after the 2021 abu dhabi farce, the course judge just made a ruling on the spot manufactured to let Verstappen win.  It never should have stood and the integrity of the season was lost.

17 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Depends on the nature of the "decision".  

I don't understand your point here, any football fan that accepts the Spurs vs Liverpool result as "valid, move on" I really don't get why you would even bother following the sport.

I stopped bothering with F1 after the 2021 abu dhabi farce, the course judge just made a ruling on the spot manufactured to let Verstappen win.  It never should have stood and the integrity of the season was lost.

My point is why should Liverpool get any special favours when other teams have had every bit as bad decisions against and one resulted in a relegation?

57 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

My point is why should Liverpool get any special favours when other teams have had every bit as bad decisions against and one resulted in a relegation?

It's not a bad decision. The decision was a goal.  It was a catastrophic failing of the match officials to properly administer the outcome of a goal - you can't compare it to a penalty that someone probably should have had, etc.

6 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

It's not a bad decision. The decision was a goal.  It was a catastrophic failing of the match officials to properly administer the outcome of a goal - you can't compare it to a penalty that someone probably should have had, etc.

But I’ve gave you the Bournemouth goal that was over the line, and the Brentford goal against Arsenal that was offside, how are they any different?

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

But I’ve gave you the Bournemouth goal that was over the line, and the Brentford goal against Arsenal that was offside, how are they any different?

Fair point, don't you think it's about fucking time these clowns faced real consequences for their failings?

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

just said there the revenue of Luton was 17 million. Fs, actually quite impressive how they managed to get in the PL. Getting relegated they’d still get 6/7x that I think 

Blows away any myth that us or the tims couldn't compete in the EPL.

We'd have higher revenues than most outside the big 6 almost from the get go.