Wullie Henderson in the papers

K.A.I

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

we have won it twice, them once with a taig judge on a second appeal - thats' 2-1 ...if the final appeal goes against oldco thats 2-2 and I still feel justified

if we win on Sat we still need investment - I said that earlier

That's not what Wullie said. He's saying this Saturday will prove it...either way...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

A Rangers legend bang on the button.

A true Rangers legend, a great wee player with great Rangers principles but what he's not is "bang on the button".  Two counts...firstly talking to the record, and secondly adopting the populist, ill-informed stance, probably through ignorance of being told stuff from those that don't understand or deliberately try to confuse. 

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

That's not what Wullie said. He's saying this Saturday will prove it...either way...

I seen the word might used.

Meaning if we get hammered it might prove his point.

What about where he says King promised 30-50 million and the loyal fans deserve it?

35 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

If the club were managing there 18 million debt then why did no one apart from Whyte think it was such a good business proposition.After all SDM had been trying to offload the club for long enough before Whyte came along there was plenty of time for genuine real business men to buy the club if it was such a good venture.

That would be the big tax case, if Sir Minty had agreed to take on that potential liability the club would've been sold in no time. 

You also have to ask why Sir Minty felt the need to tie the club into his smoke and mirrors business empire. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I seen the word might used.

Meaning if we get hammered it might prove his point.

What about where he says King promised 30-50 million and the loyal fans deserve it?

I never wanted £30 million spent just on transfer fees in 18 months so I'm fine in that regard and I certainly don't have the self entitled opinion that I deserve it.

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I never wanted £30 million spent just on transfer fees in 18 months so I'm fine in that regard and I certainly don't have the self entitled opinion that I deserve it.

Me neither but I want a hell of a lot more than what we have so far.

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

I deserve everything I get.

The odd bottle of South African red suits me fine.

Liar. :pipe:

How's that? do your usual search function magic you will see me saying LOADS that 10-15 ...should do it spent wisely .. 2-3 million spent here and there on players on a par with Bougherra, Cuellar, Mendes, Miller, Davis, Cousin etc. If spent wisely you could get the core of the XI back-up to where it should be with good talent throughout ... with respect to the players we've brought in, so far (and it's still early) they just haven't done it - yet. Windass is a superb player in my eyes, though.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Because of the potential big tax liability that was hanging over us - that we have been found not guilty of. That's why no-one would touch us, nothing to do with our business model and profit/loss making.

This has fuck-all to do with Kings lack of investment - which wee Wullie Henderson has nailed on the head.

That's right it has fuck all to do with what WH is talking about in some fucking rag like the DR but you are the guy who brought it up the 18 million manageable debt. As far as a potential tax liability ( EBT ) do you honestly think multi millionaires wouldn't have looked at the situation regarding the EBT tax case and had knowledgeable people look into the viability/legality of the EBT system and drawn their own conclusions.How come no one including the people who are there now believed SDM when he said that there would be no EBT tax case to answer or was it just the case that some did but weren't interested in taking anything to do with the club and conveniently used the big scary EBT tax case as an excuse for not investing in the club.Ive said before on here and I say yet again DK is a politician and business man first and he will tell you what you want to hear and deliver what he decides.Unless there is someone out there who wants to part with plenty to buy DK and whoever out and then invest further millions with very little or no hope of getting it back then we are where we are.Those are the facts no matter what WH has to say in that fucking rag the DR.

Probably saying what most of us are thinking. King has been lucky because septic threw away the 3 years of champions league money they could have had while we were away due to a complete lack of ambition ... to be fair they did show more when they brought in rodgers but have now refused to spend any of the cash windfall he has brought them.

4 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

That's right it has fuck all to do with what WH is talking about in some fucking rag like the DR but you are the guy who brought it up the 18 million manageable debt. As far as a potential tax liability ( EBT ) do you honestly think multi millionaires wouldn't have looked at the situation regarding the EBT tax case and had knowledgeable people look into the viability/legality of the EBT system and drawn their own conclusions.How come no one including the people who are there now believed SDM when he said that there would be no EBT tax case to answer or was it just the case that some did but weren't interested in taking anything to do with the club and conveniently used the big scary EBT tax case as an excuse for not investing in the club.Ive said before on here and I say yet again DK is a politician and business man first and he will tell you what you want to hear and deliver what he decides.Unless there is someone out there who wants to part with plenty to buy DK and whoever out and then invest further millions with very little or no hope of getting it back then we are where we are.Those are the facts no matter what WH has to say in that fucking rag the DR.

I know you get your knickers in a twist every time your hero King is questioned everytime someone has a legitimate concern but you can't handle facts either - you seem raging and are clinging onto the fact he said his piece in the Record and ignoring his message ... that's pretty desperate

Do you say the same things about Houston when he speaks in the Record? the Record is King and Murray's outlet anyway ... you know this.

You said no-one was interested in us ... I told you why (the potential big tax liability)

What's the problem again? what's your point? I've got a bit lost typing all this out - what have I said that's inaccurate or factually incorrect? what has wee Henderson said you disagree with?

For what it's worth no Rangers man should be speaking to the Record or the BBC. That goes without saying ... but it also extends to King, Murray, Houston and the rest. It also doesn't mean that Henderson's message is incorrect, either.

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Said it before and I'm saying it again. No, in fact I'm stating it:

They need to win the league because they are up to their eyeballs in debt and need the CL money.

A title win for us puts them on the back foot for a good while.

There's a reason unlce Dermott is paying their managers salary and bankrolling their summer signings.

The CL money goes to service their debt and offset their operating costs. Nothing more.

"Bank rolling their Summer signings"

They've spent about £4.5m mate, hardly an extortionate amount

30 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That would be the big tax case, if Sir Minty had agreed to take on that potential liability the club would've been sold in no time. 

You also have to ask why Sir Minty felt the need to tie the club into his smoke and mirrors business empire. 

Rightly or wrongly...so he could offset the losses of RFC against the profits of his other companies. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I know you get your knickers in a twist every time your hero King is questioned everytime someone has a legitimate concern but you can't handle facts either - you seem raging and are clinging onto the fact he said his piece in the Record and ignoring his message ... that's pretty desperate

Do you say the same things about Houston when he speaks in the Record? the Record is King and Murray's outlet anyway ... you know this.

You said no-one was interested in us ... I told you why (the potential big tax liability)

What's the problem again? what's your point? I've got a bit lost typing all this out - what have I said that's inaccurate or factually incorrect? what has wee Henderson said you disagree with?

For what it's worth no Rangers man should be speaking to the Record or the BBC. That goes without saying ... but it also extends to King, Murray, Houston and the rest. It also doesn't mean that Henderson's message is incorrect, either.

You have a look at my quotes regarding DK and you will see I have never said I was a fan of his or any of them there past or present so don't start your pish that DK is my hero. I am not a member of any fans group and don't give a toss for the  likes of Houston who I admit I know very little about as I have no interest in petty supporters squabbles either like many who go to the game dont. I very rarely go into the boardroom section either as I like most are not multi millionaire business men and would not presume to tell multi millionaires how to run a business.What I have said if you care to look is that first and foremost they are business men and business men are in the business of making money.You have to stop getting your knickers in a twist and deal with the reality of the situation.There is no multi billionaire waiting to pump his millions into Rangers ( even when we had an 18m manageable debt) so the sooner you and a few others get that into your heads the better.Every other day there is a thread on here going over the same old pish about DK 30 million.When are you and others going to realise that no matter how many posts or threads are made asking the same fucking question it is not going to change.You sir are letting your hatred of DK and others blind yourself from the fact that we are where we are.Deal with it like the thousands of others do.There is no quick fix, and that is a fact.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

That's a load of shite - we were 18 million in debt and managing it even turning profits in the accounts 

our problems were Whyte withholding tax payments 

so what's your suggestion? Never invest in th team and just hope we  can topple Celtic and make our way into champions league group stages? If only it were that easy 

or here's a radical idea - King invests what he promised he would - remember he said he could afford to lose 30 million more than some fans that struggle to can buy a season ticket 

Fair enough won't argue against your opinion no point?

6 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

So really all your shouting about is I want to beat Celtic King so spend spend spend fuck the debt??

No ya nutjob ... I've said twice on this thread alone that even if we beat Celtic we still need investment in some proper talent. It's obvious.

Wee Henderson isn't afraid to call it like it is.

He was one of the only ones to tell the truth about McCoin in the media and now he's the only one holding King accountable. It's refreshing.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No ya nutjob ... I've said twice on this thread alone that even if we beat Celtic we still need investment in some proper talent. It's obvious.

He was one of the only ones to tell the truth about McCoin in the media and now he's the only one holding King accountable. It's refreshing.

The sad thing is that he is getting abuse over on FF for his article.

1 minute ago, minstral said:

The sad thing is that he is getting abuse over on FF for his article.

No surprise.

I said during the boycott's and the protests etc that some people love King and co more than they love the club and things like that seems to indicate it.

Same crap the minute anyone slagged McCoin off. They put individuals above the club. One idiot who I used to respect actually said to me "we could get beat in every game we play from now on but I don't care because we've got McCoist in charge" and something about not walking away.

A section of our support are brain damaged. They mostly log onto FollowFollow.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not a nutjob but thanks ?

obviously we need investment and fucking better quality but you thought that would all happen in 18months, I never for once thought he would be spending 30-50 our first season back on players it's just never going to happen this ain't the EPL.

i understand your point about people speaking there mind and what we need etc but it's a joke to think we can comeback spending millions after the club was in tatters for a few year and still in bother with wanks like Mike Ashley.

agree to disagree I guess.

Just now, The No.9 said:

Not a nutjob but thanks ?

obviously we need investment and fucking better quality but you thought that would all happen in 18months, I never for once thought he would be spending 30-50 our first season back on players it's just never going to happen this ain't the EPL.

i understand your point about people speaking there mind and what we need etc but it's a joke to think we can comeback spending millions after the club was in tatters for a few year and still in bother with wanks like Mike Ashley.

agree to disagree I guess.

But we will have to spend it next year ... so why not just do it this year then we've a chance of getting into Champions League next season and getting the 25 million ... spend it next season then we need to wait another year to get it and that's 50 million Celtic could bank while we are waiting to spend.

This is what people don't understand.

Why does it have to be spent over x amount of time while we need it right now and risk a gap appearing between us. It could be too late.

I'm not talking about reckless spending either there's a balancing act - but this is balanced way too heavily on the cheapskate side. It's not acceptable.

Just now, K.A.I said:

But we will have to spend it next year ... so why not just do it this year then we've a chance of getting into Champions League next season and getting the 25 million ... spend it next season then we need to wait another year to get it and that's 50 million Celtic could bank while we are waiting to spend.

This is what people don't understand.

Why does it have to be spent over x amount of time while we need it right now and risk a gap appearing between us. It could be too late.

I'm not talking about reckless spending either there's a balancing act - but this is balanced way too heavily on the cheapskate side. It's not acceptable.

Right that's fair enough seeing a better picture from you now .

I agree things could go bad and a gap open up but I think it's shown even this year Celtic aren't gonna be spending crazy money every year either they have debts of there own to worry about and seem to get lucky with selling on some players but they buy the fair amount of duds for couple million here or there so I'm not too worried.

Guess right now it's nil and void the window is shut for next few months andwe need to get behind the team and rattle the taigs come Saturday. WATP

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Then when it all collapsed we went down with him. 

Yes of course, but he did it to offset the losses against his other businesses to reduce his tax liability on the profitable ones. It wan't his businesses going down that caused our issues, it was his decision to use EBTs which resulted in us being unsaleable.

Had there been no BTC liability, we had a debt of around £20m and would have been a relatively attractive proposition.

Anyway it's all irrelevant now.