The last reporter to print negative story

eejay the dj

2 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

You can learn some grammar and spelling skills during your next cycle/flight/sailing ship/helicopter ride - I've got no problem at all with your posts and topics mate - but no idea what travelling has got to do with it tho' mate.

I meant I'm pretty much a nosy bastard when I go into every business and establishment  I enter through my work and I can see what's going on in this rancid City 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It wouldn't work,, earlier I posted an example of how powerful people can influence what is written.This all has to do with the political leanings of the newspapers and how are club represents all things against the SNP party line. Imho, the only way to fight this is by changing the laws so that new media (internet) and print media are bound to being politically neutral as T.V and Radio are. Only then will we get parity. The club has made a stance buy hiring L5 to build up it's image, but the bridge building exercise is holding the club hostage, as that is about towing the political party line. What people are seeing is only the surface, the roots are political and go very much deeper.

I disagree about my point  but I find myself agreeing somethings  that  you mention  

4 hours ago, GMac said:

You can’t censor historical antagonisms out of existence, yet with good humour and self-mockery you can do much to reduce their impact.  

This paragraph pretty much sums it up for me! 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I disagree about my point  but I find myself agreeing somethings  that  you mention  

Fighting it on a daily bases will work in the sense that the club are defending themselves. What I meant by not working is that the head needs to be cut of the beast and this can only be done by changing the law and having New media and Print media bound by the same political laws as T.V. and radio. Only then will there be parity.

5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

The two main club's in the media spotlight are Rangers and Celtic. The website http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.co.uk/  records all negative media about Celtic. When you look at those and the stories written about Rangers there is no parity. Imo, Someone needs to research this in depth and write a report, so that it can be addressed by MP's etc, who have the power to force change.

They'd need googles servers to have a page with all our negative media stories

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I don't think it is 

I don't think it is either but to an extent I believe it does come in swings and roundabouts. 

On the other hand there can be no doubt there has been slanderous lies written about our Club and fans and we shouldn't stand for it.

But one of the things preventing this is our fans being overly offended. For example Hugh Keevins - tin hat on here, but I think he's a great pundit, probably the best in Scotland.  He says lots of things that piss me off, even some things that aren't necessarily true, but imo he gives a fair and relatively unbiased opinion. But then you get some Bears who are convinced he's a taig and out to get us, some fans are just straight up paranoid and it makes us look stupid. It makes us look ridiculous when folk act like every single journalists has an agenda against us.

It's one thing to be passed of at a negative article,  it's anotherthing to start delving into conspiracy theories. The media will print t negative articles about both OF clubs. Fair enough. Let it annoy you but understand that not every story will be a positive one.

There have been plenty of articles and comments that have been utterly slanderous that we and the Club have every right to get angry about, but that anger gets drowned out by the faux anger at other articles that are just negative but not slanderous.  That's why folk get away with calling us Paranoid because some of us are and it does more harm than good because it devalues our genuine anger at slanderous stories

i really don't care Willis about this paranoia nonsense .It's just a word .We don't wear straight jackets .

We are all caring bears .Well a fair amount of us are 

Too many bears trying to score wee points on here with oneupmanship and trying to be clever :wink:

We have every reason in this Country to feel marginalised and  victimised 

And if I'm wrong about something ,so be it .At least I hold my hand up to it .

Unlike loads of others 

23 minutes ago, Willis said:

I don't think it is either but to an extent I believe it does come in swings and roundabouts. 

On the other hand there can be no doubt there has been slanderous lies written about our Club and fans and we shouldn't stand for it.

But one of the things preventing this is our fans being overly offended. For example Hugh Keevins - tin hat on here, but I think he's a great pundit, probably the best in Scotland.  He says lots of things that piss me off, even some things that aren't necessarily true, but imo he gives a fair and relatively unbiased opinion. But then you get some Bears who are convinced he's a taig and out to get us, some fans are just straight up paranoid and it makes us look stupid. It makes us look ridiculous when folk act like every single journalists has an agenda against us.

It's one thing to be passed of at a negative article,  it's anotherthing to start delving into conspiracy theories. The media will print t negative articles about both OF clubs. Fair enough. Let it annoy you but understand that not every story will be a positive one.

There have been plenty of articles and comments that have been utterly slanderous that we and the Club have every right to get angry about, but that anger gets drowned out by the faux anger at other articles that are just negative but not slanderous.  That's why folk get away with calling us Paranoid because some of us are and it does more harm than good because it devalues our genuine anger at slanderous stories

What you are seeing is the stuff on the surface, the roots are political and go much deeper.  Political allegiances in football clubs are not solely about Rangers and Celtic, other clubs have them. The same goes for the Political allegiances of newspapers.

LEFT-Wing:
Boca Junior (ARG)
Wacker Innsbruck (AUT)
Sturm Graz (AUT)
Cercel Brugge (BEL)
Genk (BEL)
Standard Liege (BEL)
S.C.Internacional (BRA)
Ferroviario AC (BRA)
SC Corinthians (BRA)
Flamengo (BRA)
Universidad de Chile (CHL)
Bohemian Prague (CZE)
OMONOIA Nicosia (CYP)
FC United of Manchester (ENG)
Olympic Marseille (FRA)
Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA)
Montpellier (FRA)
FC Metz (FRA)
Stade Rennais (FRA)
AEK Athens (GRE)
Atromitos (GRE)
PAS Giannia (GRE)
Levadiakos (GRE)
Iraklis (GRE)
Panseraikos (GRE)
Panachaiki GE (GRE)
Sankt Pauli (GER)
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER)
Werder Bremen (GER)
Fc Lokomotive Leipzig (GER)
Bayern Munich (GER)
Sv Badelsberg 03 (GER)
Fortuna Dussledorf (GER)
Derry City (IRL)
Ancona (ITA)
Atalanta (ITA)
Empoli (ITA)
Livorno (ITA)
Perugia (ITA)
Cosenza (ITA)
Stella Rossa Duemilasei A.S.D (ITA)
Taranto (ITA)
Ternana (ITA)
Pisa (ITA)
Modena (ITA)
Virtus Verona (ITA)
Hapoel Tel-Aviv (ISR)
Jaguares Chiapas (MEX)
Indios de Ciudad Juárez (MEX)
Cliftonville (NIR)
Spartak Nalchik (RUS)
Osasuna (SPA)
Burgos (SPA)
Almeria (SPA)
Celta Vigo (SPA)
Gimnastica (SPA)
FC Cadiz (SPA)
Deportivo La Coruna (SPA)
Rayo Vallecano (SPA)
Tenerife (SPA)
Sevilla (SPA) 
Celtic (SCO)
Adana Demirspor (TUR)
Arsenal Kiev (UKR)
Cardiff City (WAL)

Right-Wing:

Levski Sofia (BUL)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
AGF Århus (DEN)
1860 Munich (GER)
FC Hansa (GER)
Hamburg SV (GER)
Dynamo Dresden (GER)
Lazio (ITA)
Juventus (ITA)
Roma (ITA)
Hellas Verona (ITA)
Inter Milan (ITA)
FK Zeta (MON)
Linfield (NIR)
Crusaders (NIR)
Sporting Lisbon (POR)
SL Benfica (POR)
Porto (POR)
Lech Poznan (POL)
Legia Warsaw (POL)
LKS Lodz (POL)
Wisla Krakov (POL)
Polonia Warsaw (POL)
Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS)
Spartak Moscow (RUS)
Zenith St.Petersburg (RUS)
Partizan Belgrade (SER)
Red Star Belgrade (SER)
Real Madrid (SPA)
Malaga (SPA)
Levante UD (SPA)
Real Betis (SPA)
Sporting Gijon (SPA)
Valencia (SPA)
Espanyol (SPA)
Atletico Madrid (SPA)
Rangers (SCO)
Helsingborgs IF (SWE)
Kapaty Lviv (UKR)

1 minute ago, OhW said:

Why would you suggest that? For one, it isn't true. I never claimed I would come up with "brilliant OPs", I just think a lot of the time you write complete gibberish. 

I think you are being unfair on eejay. He has opened the debate to get peoples opinions on why they feel the club is being treated unfairly in the press and what could be done about it.

28 minutes ago, OhW said:

Why would you suggest that? For one, it isn't true. I never claimed I would come up with "brilliant OPs", I just think a lot of the time you write complete gibberish. 

Naw me .Who doesn't on here ffs 

I will keeping an eye out for your pearls on Rangers OhW wtf 

And why don't you try posting some good Ops instead of slating others 

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think you are being unfair on eejay. He has opened the debate to get peoples opinions on why they feel the club is being treated unfairly in the press and what could be done about it.

This?

Nothing wrong with inviting debate and opinion imo

None so blind as those who will not see.

Anybody with a finger on the pulse of politics (local and national) and public sector work (police/inland revenue and council departments specifically) know whats going on in this country.

18 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Appreciate that Sweetheart .I may not have a way with words that Dar't or the Dude has or even the hard hitting punchiness  of GF ,the pure raw passion of Goat or Inigos calmness for looking at all the angles .Sozes sarcastic SOH All superb posters that have my utmost respect 

As do many others 

We are all bears after all and I'd much rather fight the enemies .

But I'm still in the ball park with my brand of giberish 

6 minutes ago, OhW said:

Yes it has dragged on a bit. Eejay is by no means the worst poster on here. but he is a prominent poster. I don't think he writes well. and I don't just mean spelling and grammar. He is all over the place, incoherent, doesn't comprehend the posts of others correctly. 

"If it bothers you that much why don't you just block him?!" I pretend to hear you cry. It doesn't bother me that much, but if my being an arsehole makes him take even one second longer to think about his posts then I'll be happy. 

That's harsh. The guy is 100% bear. I don't like this pulling people up on spelling and grammar. It is inappropriate. The guy has a topic for debate that he feels is worthy of posting. I for one agree that this topic should be debated.

54 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

What you are seeing is the stuff on the surface, the roots are political and go much deeper.  Political allegiances in football clubs are not solely about Rangers and Celtic, other clubs have them. The same goes for the Political allegiances of newspapers.

LEFT-Wing:
Boca Junior (ARG)
Wacker Innsbruck (AUT)
Sturm Graz (AUT)
Cercel Brugge (BEL)
Genk (BEL)
Standard Liege (BEL)
S.C.Internacional (BRA)
Ferroviario AC (BRA)
SC Corinthians (BRA)
Flamengo (BRA)
Universidad de Chile (CHL)
Bohemian Prague (CZE)
OMONOIA Nicosia (CYP)
FC United of Manchester (ENG)
Olympic Marseille (FRA)
Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA)
Montpellier (FRA)
FC Metz (FRA)
Stade Rennais (FRA)
AEK Athens (GRE)
Atromitos (GRE)
PAS Giannia (GRE)
Levadiakos (GRE)
Iraklis (GRE)
Panseraikos (GRE)
Panachaiki GE (GRE)
Sankt Pauli (GER)
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER)
Werder Bremen (GER)
Fc Lokomotive Leipzig (GER)
Bayern Munich (GER)
Sv Badelsberg 03 (GER)
Fortuna Dussledorf (GER)
Derry City (IRL)
Ancona (ITA)
Atalanta (ITA)
Empoli (ITA)
Livorno (ITA)
Perugia (ITA)
Cosenza (ITA)
Stella Rossa Duemilasei A.S.D (ITA)
Taranto (ITA)
Ternana (ITA)
Pisa (ITA)
Modena (ITA)
Virtus Verona (ITA)
Hapoel Tel-Aviv (ISR)
Jaguares Chiapas (MEX)
Indios de Ciudad Juárez (MEX)
Cliftonville (NIR)
Spartak Nalchik (RUS)
Osasuna (SPA)
Burgos (SPA)
Almeria (SPA)
Celta Vigo (SPA)
Gimnastica (SPA)
FC Cadiz (SPA)
Deportivo La Coruna (SPA)
Rayo Vallecano (SPA)
Tenerife (SPA)
Sevilla (SPA) 
Celtic (SCO)
Adana Demirspor (TUR)
Arsenal Kiev (UKR)
Cardiff City (WAL)

Right-Wing:

Levski Sofia (BUL)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
AGF Århus (DEN)
1860 Munich (GER)
FC Hansa (GER)
Hamburg SV (GER)
Dynamo Dresden (GER)
Lazio (ITA)
Juventus (ITA)
Roma (ITA)
Hellas Verona (ITA)
Inter Milan (ITA)
FK Zeta (MON)
Linfield (NIR)
Crusaders (NIR)
Sporting Lisbon (POR)
SL Benfica (POR)
Porto (POR)
Lech Poznan (POL)
Legia Warsaw (POL)
LKS Lodz (POL)
Wisla Krakov (POL)
Polonia Warsaw (POL)
Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS)
Spartak Moscow (RUS)
Zenith St.Petersburg (RUS)
Partizan Belgrade (SER)
Red Star Belgrade (SER)
Real Madrid (SPA)
Malaga (SPA)
Levante UD (SPA)
Real Betis (SPA)
Sporting Gijon (SPA)
Valencia (SPA)
Espanyol (SPA)
Atletico Madrid (SPA)
Rangers (SCO)
Helsingborgs IF (SWE)
Kapaty Lviv (UKR)

Didn't AC Milan used to hoist up  a giant tifo of the dead terrorist che guevara? pretty sure I remember seeing that, and thinking I get why Inter would hate the fuckers.

18 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Didn't AC Milan used to hoist up  a giant tifo of the dead terrorist che guevara? pretty sure I remember seeing that, and thinking I get why Inter would hate the fuckers.

They probably did. I get why inter would feel that way.(the blow up dolls) What I was trying to point out in the debate, was political allegiances in football clubs are not solely about Rangers and Celtic. That's why I said, to get parity the laws need to be changed.. The political media laws should be redefined  to follow same rules as in t.v. and radio. and include sport. To stay neutral.

I always remember we were at the Scotland Brazil game in Turin back in 1990 and some Italians bought us pizza and beer and wanted to talk about our political allegiances as Scotland fans ... needess to say we said football over here isn't really about that but to them it was right at the heart of the matter 

3 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I always remember we were at the Scotland Brazil game in Turin back in 1990 and some Italians bought us pizza and beer and wanted to talk about our political allegiances as Scotland fans ... needess to say we said football over here isn't really about that but to them it was right at the heart of the matter 

I reckon it was about 2007 when football went political in Scotland. That was when politicians started running football clubs.

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I reckon it was about 2007 when football went political in Scotland.

I suppose what I meant is party political ... tims and the glasgow council have always made sure it's very political.

Football just needs division and because religion isn't an issue in Italy and Spain they use politics  

9 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I suppose what I meant is party political ... tims and the glasgow council have always made sure it's very political.

Football just needs division and because religion isn't an issue in Italy and Spain so they use politics  

Very true, They wanted change and took the political route.

Either division from politics completely but I can't see that happening due to the political leanings of newspapers. I don't think newspapers should have political leanings. Imho, It's the laws that need to be changed, one rule that binds them all. Parity.

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Very true, They wanted change and took the political route. Either division form politics completely but I can't see that happening due to the political leanings of newspapers I don't think newspapers should have political leanings. Imho, It's the laws that need to be changed, one rule that binds them all. Parity.

They are all very wary of liewell in a way they haven't been wary of us from the murray days right through ... also the nats are determined to keep the RC vote away from labour to keep them in office and that also gives them more influence than they are due

Just now, Thermopylae said:

They are all very wary of liewell in a way they haven't been wary of us from the murray days right through ... also the nats are determined to keep the RC vote away from labour to keep them in office and that also gives them more influence than they are due

Very true. What do they have on Liewell to make them wary?