K.A.I

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not me. I have never moaned about not using youngsters in the first team because in all honesty they haven't been that good for years now.

A lot of fans on social media and fans forums have romantic notions of our kids being on a par with the Argentine U20's or something and it's just not the case.

What I have said, though (and fair enough there's a bit of debate around it whether it's beneficial or not) is any games we are crusing in like 3-0 up at half time or with half an hour to go ... bring them on and give them first team experience and game time and gradually blend them in if they are indeed good enough.

If they aren't good enough where they can't be trusted to be used in a first team squad system after that process is done then move them on and concentrate on the next batch be it from under 17's or whatever. These loan moves to dumplings like Alex Rae's teams do zero good either. What can he teach Ryan Hardie? ... there's lots of complexities to it but it's a shame this match was abandoned tonight because that would have been, I think, Murty's 3rd or 4th game now and has it been straight wins? but either way he seems to be doing a much better job of getting them settled and winning first and foremost which is what I like. I can't talk for the style of football they've been playing as I've not seen any of the games and won't this season, either.

It's not necessarily about what Alex Rae can teach him but putting him into an environment where he is playing competitive football. Coming off the bench at 3-0 is great but you'll never have to try turn a game around from a losing position if you only get on the pitch when we're cruising. You'll never have the pressure of playing in situations where you don't have the luxury of, essentially, a head start, and only play 20 minutes here and there. They go and get to play competitive games week in, week out and have to fight for points etc. Particularly when they go to clubs like St. Mirren or Raith where relegation would be disastrous for the club financially so there's an extra pressure on that front too.

If you've got two central defenders like Kiernan and Senderos playing in the 20s regularly how do you know if our own boys are any good in a match. Put Senderos and Kiernan on the bench?

Think this is his third game. Won 2, drawn one. None were particularly impressive performances iirc.

You'll get all the games on RTV (or at least highlights). For some reason the media get a stand to themselves at Forthbank so I can sit infront of Tom Miller and get commentary as it's recorded live. Makes my work a bit easier too. Ha

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not necessarily about what Alex Rae can teach him but putting him into an environment where he is playing competitive football. Coming off the bench at 3-0 is great but you'll never have to try turn a game around from a losing position if you only get on the pitch when we're cruising. You'll never have the pressure of playing in situations where you don't have the luxury of, essentially, a head start, and only play 20 minutes here and there. They go and get to play competitive games week in, week out and have to fight for points etc. Particularly when they go to clubs like St. Mirren or Raith where relegation would be disastrous for the club financially so there's an extra pressure on that front too.

You'll get all the games on RTV (or at least highlights). For some reason the media get a stand to themselves at Forthbank so I can sit infront of Tom Miller and get commentary as it's recorded live. Makes my work a bit easier too. Ha

If you've got two central defenders like Kiernan and Senderos playing in the 20s regularly how do you know if our own boys are any good in a match. Put Senderos and Kiernan on the bench?

Think this is his third game. Won 2, drawn one. None were particularly impressive performances iirc.

Yeah I get the case for them playing in a competitive environment but I don't think they become better players doing it. It might add an edge to their game but I'd rather they were developed properly in a competitive, winning U20's side here and our facilities at Auchenhowie.

Part of the progression (if good enough) after giving them the second halfs and half an hour's here and there that I mentioned would be to give them a chance. A bit of a risk but it could be curbed with an experienced player on the bench to come on at half-time or something if the player is really out of his depth. It's just an idea ... it's maybe not ideal but I don't think having them playing the lower leagues on loan with these teams is all that ideal either if I'm honest.

Your point about Senderos and Kiernan playing U20's and our own boys is a fair point but we don't have good defenders at the moment and besides, I wouldn't advocate them playing every game there If there was some better options. I do not like Kiernan and Senderos one iota so if there's two 17's ready to come up a level then bump them clean out the U20's no worries.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah I get the case for them playing in a competitive environment but I don't think they become better players doing it. It might add an edge to their game but I'd rather they were developed properly in a competitive, winning U20's side here and our facilities at Auchenhowie.

Part of the progression (if good enough) after giving them the second halfs and half an hour's here and there that I mentioned would be to give them a chance. A bit of a risk but it could be curbed with an experienced player on the bench to come on at half-time or something if the player is really out of his depth. It's just an idea ... it's maybe not ideal but I don't think having them playing the lower leagues on loan with these teams is all that ideal either if I'm honest.

Your point about Senderos and Kiernan playing U20's and our own boys is a fair point but we don't have good defenders at the moment and besides, I wouldn't advocate them playing every game there If there was some better options. I do not like Kiernan and Senderos one iota so if there's two 17's ready to come up a level then bump them clean out the U20's no worries.

I don't think there's a manager involved in football who would agree with that statement.

So we're going to pay probably 20k p/w over the two of them for a couple of bit-part defenders for the u20s? That's absolutely mental. A million quid to have two guys play every other week for the youth team.

Senderos has played at three world cups and a Euros. Played in the Premiership, La Liga and Serie A but we'll bring him in to play the odd game for the 20s.

Jesus wept.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I don't think there's a manager involved in football who would agree with that statement.

So we're going to pay probably 20k p/w over the two of them for a couple of bit-part defenders for the u20s? That's absolutely mental. A million quid to have two guys play every other week for the youth team.

Senderos has played at three world cups and a Euros. Played in the Premiership, La Liga and Serie A but we'll bring him in to play the odd game for the 20s.

Jesus wept.

We are paying them regardless ... they wouldn't play for the first team again if it was down to me so what do you suggest? at least we get some use out of them that way.

As if you just rhymed off the Senderos CV :lol: ... what's Freddie Ljunberg upto? or that dumpling that played for us against Charleston ... they've got impressive CV's too.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We are paying them regardless ... they wouldn't play for the first team again if it was down to me so what do you suggest? at least we get some use out of them that way.

As if you just rhymed off the Senderos CV :lol: ... what's Freddie Ljunberg upto? or that dumpling that played for us against Charleston ... they've got impressive CV's too.

Try sell them come to an agreement to terminate their contract in january and try make some sort of saving on their wages. I wouldn't just bomb them into the 20s and have to pay them every last penny of their deal.

Ljungbergs's playing in India having came out of retirement but the last time he played at a WC was a decade ago. Senderos played in the most recent edition.

Onyewu has well documented injury problems and hasn't played in 18 months. Fuck knows why Warburton brought him in on trial.

Just now, The Dude said:

Try sell them come to an agreement to terminate their contract in january and try make some sort of saving on their wages. I wouldn't just bomb them into the 20s and have to pay them every last penny of their deal.

Ljungbergs's playing in India having came out of retirement but the last time he played at a WC was a decade ago. Senderos played in the most recent edition.

Onyewu has well documented injury problems and hasn't played in 18 months. Fuck knows why Warburton brought him in on trial.

Totally agree about coming to an agreement in Jan.

That would be the ideal scenario in all honesty.

Until then happy with them turning out for U20's if they do a job for them (you obviously disagree) :tu:

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Fairly easily explained tbh. Senderos has missed a few games now, isn't likely to start vs Partick and then after that there is an international break. He could end up going from the OF until October 14th without any game time.

Kiernan, Crooks & Dodoo are just coming back from injury and could do with the game time to continue their returns. There may also be a an element of trying to build a partnership between Senderos and Kiernan.

Nice, that means he might be returning just in time to make his comeback in the cup game against them...

Batman-Fap-Face-01.jpg

9 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Senderos was doing ok up to the point he committed an Amoruso. 

But clearly that was enough to write him off. 

Amo came back from doing it.....

Did Amoruso get sent off on purpose? I think Senderos did. That's why he should never play again for us if it were upto me.

As The Dude says - get that contract terminated in Jan (if possible)

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Did Amoruso get sent off on purpose? I think Senderos did. That's why he should never play again for us if it were upto me.

As The Dude says - get that contract terminated in Jan (if possible)

Judge yourself. Most inexplicable thing I've ever seen from a Rangers player. Senderos at least had excuse of trying to stop a 1 on 1. Watch replay of Amo giving away that penalty v Parma and judge yourself. 

1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

Judge yourself. Most inexplicable thing I've ever seen from a Rangers player. Senderos at least had excuse of trying to stop a 1 on 1. Watch replay of Amo giving away that penalty v Parma and judge yourself. 

If you look at Senderos' first booking before he got sent off it was a bit wild in behind the player right in front of the ref. IMO he was lucky not to get sent off for that .. that's why shortly afterwards he did the stupid handball, on purpose, just to make sure. A complete shite bag and a shite player too.

Do you have a clip of the Amoruso sending off? I remember it but would like to see it again since it's been about 15 years.