Do you ever forget (to remember) how good some players were?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I kinda get your point if we were still playing a level of high tempo football as definitely in his last season for me Ferguson had lost a good bit of snap in the tackle and looked heavy legged at times.

But what I've seen so far this season we don't have that high tempo anymore, I personally wouldn't put any of Holt, windass and halliday name up against Ferguson, yes it was his 1st spell but Ferguson held his own against some of Europeans finest, thats the player that I fondly remember.(tu)

I know some older Rangers fans scoff when it's said but I honestly believe Ferguson first time (1998-2003) was genuine world class. He could have played in any midfield in the world and shone out. He went toe-to-toe with the best at the time and was as good and sometimes better - Ince, Effenberg, Matthaus, Mendieta, Babbel etc.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know some older Rangers fans scoff when it's said but I honestly believe Ferguson first time (1998-2003) was genuine world class. He could have played in any midfield in the world and shone out. He went toe-to-toe with the best at the time and was as good and sometimes better - Ince, Effenberg, Matthaus, Mendieta, Babbel etc.

The only one on that list who gave him a bit if a schooling was mendieta, the game at Ibrox was a midfield masterclass from mendieta.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

If it was upto me then no because I don't see that much of a difference between Halliday now and Barry Ferguson when he came back and as I pointed out the wage difference is about 30k grand a week too - so I'm taking that into account too. I'm not even a Halliday fan but Ferguson came back an average player and so is Halliday.

Just my opinion - he was fuck-all special second time round.

Would you have Ferguson (from second time round) in ahead of say Holt or Windass? I don't think I would.

During his second spell he became side pass Barry, so far away from the Barry who left us to sign for the "Mighty" Blackburn.