The Mystic Meg Thread

9 hours ago, theiconicman said:

How about you give us your views for a starter?

1.Financial investment... I don't foresee any large sums unless someone else is brought on board or there is an investment through a share issue,We just can't continue to be financed through loans and need to broaden our search for future investment in the club,The retail side of the club could easily bring in £5m per year and would be even more if we produced our own merchandise and all profits were invested back into the club,Making us self sustaining.   

2.Player Budgets... Obviously would depend on a lot of the above and in order to add the quality required would take a lot of cash to get to the level we require,Otherwise we will be hamstrung for years and nothing more than a middle of the table team always looking upwards rather than downwards.

3.Sponsorship... The present deals with 32Red and Puma are very poor,I can't foresee 32Red increasing the amount they pay and they will be off soon enough.. Puma on the other hand are a huge company and i think we could re-negotiate the deal and get a much improved offer,If not we move on and look for someone else,I would like to think there are people within the club working hard to increase and improve our sponsorship levels to a much higher level.

4.Management... I like Warburton and his ideas and would like to think he will be here for the entirety of his contract,Things don't happen overnight and we need to be patient with the changes but also need to tweak things when needed. But any manager is only a few bad results away from the exit and that includes Warburton also. Our support DEMAND success and an instant fix and has always been the way with anyone in charge of Rangers,Our support are not renowned for being patient,But when you are in charge of an institution as big as Rangers.. The spotlight is even more intense on the manager and those running the club.   

5.Youth development... Been extremely poor over the years and has never produced the players it should have,We could put that down to those who were in charge like Sinclair who never changed nothing and his attitude of his way or no way was wrong which would have created disharmony between other staff members and perhaps players trying to impress... I look constantly at English players and how their fitness seems to be far superior along with their fast passing game compared to Scottish players and it's quite eye opening the difference.

I think we require to look at the English youth system and any changes we could make to improve and better our own players and take them up a level,As it is right now it isn't working,We seem to be miles behind everyone else and should really be doing much better for a club the size of Rangers. There still needs to be changes with our youth players and rather than send them on loan to lower league Scottish clubs,We should be using our contacts to get them loaned to English clubs to help with their progress..I think players just stagnate in Scottish football when it comes to young players.

1 hour ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

1.) If not now, when? I think its just us fans that will be major investors. If King & Co were going to invest in the team & not in shares etc, they would have done so by now.

2.) Us again

3.) Will improve once we come to end of deals we already have. IF we are challenging.

4.) Pivotal few months  ahead, if MW does not get a 'run of results' soon, its back to start.

5.) Wasted years in lower divisions. Had anyone the balls to practice what they preach, we could have brought through a batch of stars & had youngsters from all over wanting to come here, but we went for old codgers.Then brought in new manager who went with youth (yehhh), only to then bring on old codgers. I'm bemused by it all.

There another 'should've went with youth comment' - 

Do you honestly think our youth talent was going to propel us through the leagues and spawn 5-6 multi million pound players??? In Scotland????? 

Our under 20 team got their arses felt by stenhousemuir a few weeks ago and Livingston done likewise with the hawker harriers. Yes, our youth policy should be better but in this country nowadays that's a near impossible mission and not something you can heavily rely on I'm afraid 

1 hour ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

1.) If not now, when? I think its just us fans that will be major investors. If King & Co were going to invest in the team & not in shares etc, they would have done so by now.

2.) Us again

3.) Will improve once we come to end of deals we already have. IF we are challenging.

4.) Pivotal few months  ahead, if MW does not get a 'run of results' soon, its back to start.

5.) Wasted years in lower divisions. Had anyone the balls to practice what they preach, we could have brought through a batch of stars & had youngsters from all over wanting to come here, but we went for old codgers.Then brought in new manager who went with youth (yehhh), only to then bring on old codgers. I'm bemused by it all.

No 5) that's the past mate - mystic meg doesn't look at the past - she predicts the future.

Foresight; no hindsight mate.

19 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

How do you foresee Rangers in the next five years going forward with regards to

1.Financial investment

2.Player Budgets

3.Sponsorship

4.Management

5.Youth development

1) Ideal world we get taken over by a multi billionaire that has a bottomless pot of money like the Man City owners, but that is not likely to happen. Alternatively, King finds his chequebook and invests his fabled £30m.

2) To truly challenge the tarriers we need a huge overhaul of playing staff and can't keep trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear by hoaking in the bargain bucket that I'd the free transfer market.

3) Hopefully we will have had a successful few years (winning the league, cups and doing well in Europe) and as a result sponsorship goes through the roof. (No more betting companies though as some of our players just can't help themselves)

4) I honestly think that given time MW will come good, he needs to start getting wins or he will find himself sacked. However, I think King etc will not sack him even if we have an awful season (can't afford the pay-off).

5) The overhaul of the youth system will bear fruit that will go on to be superstars

3 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

No 5) that's the past mate - mystic meg doesn't look at the past - she predicts the future.

Foresight; no hindsight mate.

I'm bemused

Looking forward I'm bemused, I cant see any fruit.

Its all too cloudy & muddled to be able to see shoots of recovery.

Is that enough?

19 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

1.Financial investment

2.Player Budgets

3.Sponsorship

4.Management

5.Youth development

1 - Ideal is big money investors spearheaded by a legitimate Rangers man. In reality fuck knows, probably not great unfortunately.

2 - Depends on 1 really.

3 - Fuck Puma. Fuck 32Red. For kit supplier I'd give it to the highest bidder, maybe someone like Under Armour who are looking to get into football with a big brand. As for a sponsor then it's all about how we're doing on the pitch, again I'd give to the highest bidder but wouldn't be against doing what the tims do having a second sponsor on the back of their kits too, although I'd have it below the numbers preferably.

4 - Desperately hope Warburton turns things around and sees out the duration of his contract or at least a good amount of it and wins us plenty of silverware. After that I'd like to see us (With the investment I hoped we'd get in the first "prediction") try and get Chris Coleman.

5 - As many have said if nothing else MW will be remembered for fixing the youth system. He and Mulholland appear to be in the early stages of replicating Germany's "Das Reboot" and this will hopefully yield good results. Of the current crop I hope players like Billy Gilmour, Dapo Mebude, Liam Burt, Zak Rudden, Ryan Hardie and the McCrorie brothers are able to be successes.

21 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

1.Financial investment

2.Player Budgets

3.Sponsorship

4.Management

5.Youth development

The continual digs at the lack of investment does grate on me a bit.

For those with short memories we were recording losses of £1m a month last season. Who do we think is funding this now and keeping it out the papers ? 

If we do the maths 43k season tkts lets say average 300 a time so thats 13 mil. Thats one off cash in bank.

Wages which are every month lets say 10 players to be generous on average of Senderos wage at £15k per week thats £7.8m.

Add in all the wages for backroom staff, lack of merchandising revenue, police costs etc etc there isnt much left over.

Need to think of bigger picture and never returning to financial oblivion we've had to deal with.

We will find multi billon investment sign all the best stars from around the world with pep in the dug out, we will not need a sponsor as we will be so rich; but...

@BlueAvenger will still greet about everything and refuse to insert his tampon