Rockstar Tease....

BridgeIsBlue

11 hours ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

To be fair, alot of companies are the same these days. Very rarely do games actually come out when they are supposed to.

I appreciate Rockstar aren't the only company that miss deadlines but for one of the best companies for making quality games they must easily be the worst at releasing games on time.

I don't mind too much though as I'd prefer they took their time to release a polished game rather than rushing out a game full of bugs like other companies do.

On 2017-5-25 at 9:53 PM, Jamie0202 said:

Delayed 6 months :sarcasm:. Anyone surprised?

If it means a better product at launch then I'm all for the decision to delay but seriously has Rockstar ever released a game at the first time of asking?

The table tennis game was the last one I remember being on time.

• 7 months later...

Not long now guys until we can don the chaps & shit kicking boots, and load up the trusty six shooter.

A guy of my maturity should not be getting excited about the impending release of a video game, but I am. RDR was an experience, not a game, and if the sequel is as Rockstar promise, better, I think that I will not be seen in public for quite some time after the release date. Spring 18 a definite maybe according to most gaming sites.

2 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Not long now guys until we can don the chaps & shit kicking boots, and load up the trusty six shooter.

A guy of my maturity should not be getting excited about the impending release of a video game, but I am. RDR was an experience, not a game, and if the sequel is as Rockstar promise, better, I think that I will not be seen in public for quite some time after the release date. Spring 18 a definite maybe according to most gaming sites.

Should be out this Autumn imo. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 09:50, Jamie0202 said:

1208160.jpg

A few media outlets running with this from Amazon Mexico. Price and release date are an odd coincidence. I personally don't think it will be release until September at the earliest.

As much as I am looking forward to this game , fcuked if I am paying $1169.00 for it.

this game is pretty much getting pushed back into late 2018 at this point. they did the same for GTA V. they had it advertised as releasing Spring 2013 but on 30th January 2013 they delayed it to September. No way is RDR2 coming out April-June now. 

• 2 weeks later...

From what I am  reading, Rockstar want 10 months for polishing? The game is basically done, but they want the best part of a year to buff it up? 

I can only assume that the scale of this game is huge, and I really do hope that it proves to be worth the wait.

Mind you, they can afford to take their time, GTA V has sold over 80 million copies, they are not exactly desperate for a new revenue stream.

19 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Are you "in the know"? 

Not at all, just that every Rockstar game has had a set release date, then been delayed for a few months. 

It always happens, if them delaying the game for a few months to make it better on release which means fewer bugs/glitches I'm all for it. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Not at all, just that every Rockstar game has had a set release date, then been delayed for a few months. 

It always happens, if them delaying the game for a few months to make it better on release which means fewer bugs/glitches I'm all for it. 

Delayed for a few months has to be the understatement of the century with regards to gaming. However, it is only a video game, I will hopefully enjoy it whenever it is released.

In the meantime I have Dishonored 2, both Metro games redux,  plus Total War Thrones of Britannia about to be released, to keep me occupied meantime

10 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I've heard October for the release month no specific date though.