Football Manager 2017 - Beta

TMB

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally managed to win the league with us in the 2nd season, winning it at the piggery with a 1-1 draw.

Hervin Ongenda, Ainsley Maitland-Niles and Rachid Ghezzal on free's absolutely ran the show for me in the league.

Most of my side are free transfers although I did pay 1.5m for Louis Schaub who's been solid.

Next season brings CL football which will hopefully bring in much needed cash and stop King being a tight arse :winnings:

On 23 December 2016 at 11:46 PM, Skyson1872 said:

If you want young players who will do progress and make a good profit then Jai Quitongo and Stephen Mallan are pretty decent.

I'm in March now and I have made 2 pre contract signings, unbeaten in the league with a goal difference of about 50, beat the tarriers 4-0 at the tattiedome in September as well :lol:

Liam Burt is basically a first team player now, he has been deadly for me. Billy Gilmour, Dapo Mebude, Zak Rudden, Jack Thomson, Atakayi and Barjonas are all progressing really well too, I expect most of them to be in the first team in the next 2 seasons. (The created ones weren't given super unrealistic stats, all randomly generated)

How did you get Billy Gilmour mate? I bought this on Monday started a season with us but he's not in it.

I've signed Walker from Hearts & Charles N'Zogbia on a free for the 1st team & signed Knox from Livi for about 50k who's been banging them in for the u20s & signed a young LB called Gallagher from Falkirk who's been quality aswell punted him out to Dunfermline on loan for the season. Atakayi & Rudden have been standouts for my U20's aswell.

So far I'm into Nov sitting 2nd in the league 3 points behind them (lost the 1st league game 2-0) but Garner, McKay, Rossiter & Walker have been outstanding. Defence has been a bit dodgy of late conceding soft goals.

Rangers_  Senior Fixtures.png

First round of fixtures over with and a surprisingly good start.

Signed Jack Stephens on loan from Southampton, Jamie Walker from Hearts (600k), Roland Juhasz :lol: (great back up btw) and Diego Poyet on a free.

4-2-3-1.

Fod

Tav Stephens Wilson Wallace

Rossiter Poyet

Walker Holt McKay

Garner

Holt in the trequartista role :drool: 

39 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Rangers_  Senior Fixtures.png

First round of fixtures over with and a surprisingly good start.

Signed Jack Stephens on loan from Southampton, Jamie Walker from Hearts (600k), Roland Juhasz :lol: (great back up btw) and Diego Poyet on a free.

4-2-3-1.

Fod

Tav Stephens Wilson Wallace

Rossiter Poyet

Walker Holt McKay

Garner

Holt in the trequartista role :drool: 

In top Of The league in mine. Signed Walker permanent and zelalem and a boy from Barça on loan. Going to sign juhasz as he's just been recommended.

lost to Dundee away but have pumped motherwell accies and killie.  Taigs up next and in top Of The league. If I can not lose there I'll be happy enough 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

In top Of The league in mine. Signed Walker permanent and zelalem and a boy from Barça on loan. Going to sign juhasz as he's just been recommended.

lost to Dundee away but have pumped motherwell accies and killie.  Taigs up next and in top Of The league. If I can not lose there I'll be happy enough 

Zelalem knocked me back for Aberdeen ffs.

Forgot to add I signed George Saville from Wolves on loan because of just that ^. He's been decent for me.

7 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Zelalem knocked me back for Aberdeen ffs.

Forgot to add I signed George Saville from Wolves on loan because of just that ^. He's been decent for me.

Mate dodoo is brilliant in it for me.top scorer in the league and for me. Forrester is also excellent. 

I'm no sure what in doing tho as my knowledge of football worldwide has dropped so scouting etc plays a massive role for me. It's kinda hard to know who I'm looking for off the top of my head 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate dodoo is brilliant in it for me.top scorer in the league and for me. Forrester is also excellent. 

I'm no sure what in doing tho as my knowledge of football worldwide has dropped so scouting etc plays a massive role for me. It's kinda hard to know who I'm looking for off the top of my head 

Garner banging them in for me and Waghorn too when he gets a chance.

Barely played Dodoo tbh with you.

Forrester been playing well for me since Holt was injured. I prefer Walker in the inside forward role though.

Got the new one for Christmas and started off with Tenerife. Were one of the favourites for relegation but managed to get them into the top 3 in February.  

Got offered the Everton job who were bottom of the league by 7 points with 10 games left. 5 games left and I've got them to 16th, 4 clear of 17th and a reasonable run in after beating Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool but pumped 3-0 off West Ham.

Should sign Knox from Livingston & fire him into the U20's he's scored about 15 goals in 20 games then promoted him to the 1st team & he's got about 6 goals in 10 games.

Going to fire him out on loan in my 2nd season so he can play consistent 1st team football.

Just started a game with ourselves just there. Always find it hard to get into one for some reason, but going to try and stick with it for now. Just going into August first season, League cup 2nd round qualified for with a game to spare.

Made a few signings.

• Diego Poyet on a free to bolster the midfield. 
  • Hervin Ongenda for £675k from PSG. Scored 6 times in the first round of the League cup so will probably go onto be my first choice striker.
  • Josh Murphy on loan from Norwich for left wing. Out of contract at the end of the season so hopefully that doesn't get extended and I can make it permanent
  • Matthew Knox for the youths.
  • Josh Meekings for 300k for someone cheap but reliable in defence.

No outgoings as of yet. Dodoo injured for the season however.