Mark & his philosophy of football

BillyG93

No one can argue that last year, minus the last few games of the season was a huge success with the manager and players. Since then we have moved up a league and it’s not the same Rangers team that controlled games for the majority of last season. The passing looks slack, constantly caught on the ball with a lack of attacking options. The players don’t look hungry, I don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but Mark has to be harder on the players. All we see is interviews of him saying positives from games and we’ll learn from it. That doesn’t suggest to me that players are receiving a boot in the baws that they deserve for not winning. At a team with the status and history of Rangers winning is everything, maybe mark isn’t used to this but if he doesn’t understand the importance of winning every game is he suited to be Rangers manager from now on?

This formation of 4-3-3 doesn’t work, we aren’t controlling games and being direct with our possession of the ball. When we’re defending one player is up the park which allows oppositions to push more players forward. If we had two men up at all time to stretch their defence it will either enable us to counter attack or at least draw players back from opposition attacks to mark us.

I like Mark but as a Rangers manager I think he needs to be harder on the players, understand winning is key no matter what and formation/positioning of players has to be altered.

Last night subs were made that weren’t going to make any impact on the game, we should have gone more attacking instead of replacing players who were similar to each other.

1 hour ago, BillyG93 said:

No one can argue that last year, minus the last few games of the season was a huge success with the manager and players. Since then we have moved up a league and it’s not the same Rangers team that controlled games for the majority of last season. The passing looks slack, constantly caught on the ball with a lack of attacking options. The players don’t look hungry, I don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but Mark has to be harder on the players. All we see is interviews of him saying positives from games and we’ll learn from it. That doesn’t suggest to me that players are receiving a boot in the baws that they deserve for not winning. At a team with the status and history of Rangers winning is everything, maybe mark isn’t used to this but if he doesn’t understand the importance of winning every game is he suited to be Rangers manager from now on?

This formation of 4-3-3 doesn’t work, we aren’t controlling games and being direct with our possession of the ball. When we’re defending one player is up the park which allows oppositions to push more players forward. If we had two men up at all time to stretch their defence it will either enable us to counter attack or at least draw players back from opposition attacks to mark us.

I like Mark but as a Rangers manager I think he needs to be harder on the players, understand winning is key no matter what and formation/positioning of players has to be altered.

Last nights subs were made that weren’t going to make any impact on the game, we should have gone more attacking instead of replacing players who were similar to each other.

His subs just about never make any sort of impact or change.

Celtic are playing the exact same system we are.  Given their resources I think it's naïve to think we can go toe to toe and win.  MON used a big physical side to compete with Advocaat's team and maybe there's lessons to be learned from that. 

One of the old football studies showed that replacing like for like had no major impact in changing the results, but doing something totally out of character would more often than not lead to a change in fortunes.

Swapping strikers like for like and midfielders etc just leads to the same style of play it's the unexpected that changed games.

Its a few years old the survey but seems valid even now.