Our Captain Last Night

delamonty

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Surely you can see the bigger picture though? I'm with you, fuck Scotland, but I'd still rather he had good performances when he gets called up.

Can't see why you wouldn't - better for his confidence, growth as a player, experience against higher quality opponents. 

I actually can't see the bigger picture tbh mate. 

I see potential injuries, losses of form and confidence playing in one of the worst Scotland teams ever ... and the fact that if he plays well he actually helps that mob towards a result. All that far outweighs any benefits as far as I'm concerned. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Surely you can see the bigger picture though? I'm with you, fuck Scotland, but I'd still rather he had good performances when he gets called up.

Can't see why you wouldn't - better for his confidence, growth as a player, experience against higher quality opponents. 

Fuck Scotland ya hairy skirted turd.....

Just now, K.A.I said:

I actually can't see the bigger picture tbh mate. 

I see potential injuries, losses of form and confidence playing in one of the worst Scotland teams ever ... and the fact that if he plays well he actually helps that mob towards a result. All that far outweighs any benefits as far as I'm concerned. 

Can't see the bigger picture 

That's fair enough. ?

50 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'd prefer we had a single British team. 

You'd get an excellent starting 11 out of our home nation squads. 

Should he a British team with British players scoring good old fashioned BRITISH goals.

Would never happen since the FAs have been separate from the very beginning, they can't even agree anything for the Olympics 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

1. OK. LW plays in international games but doesn't increase in value. Whether we sell him or not. A player with x caps is ad valuable as x caps x 20. OK.

"Or maybe you could provide examples of clubs benefiting by not supporting their players playing for their country so they can avoid injuries etc."

You couldn't. Clubs and players benefit. As had Lee and Rangers.

Not another moan. Honesty. 

Don't even know if I did or didn't.

But then I'm not uber staunch and wouldn't back down in case someone saw it as a sign of weakness. Which itself is a weakness by the way.

An opinion can be very right or very wrong. Doesn't stop it being an opinion.

1- OK so I was right then. 

2- You don't know if Rangers have benefited from Lee playing yet - as I said, what happens if he plays the same way for us next game as he has done all season - will your stance change? 

3- There's nothing for me to back down from. Nothing you've said has made me think I am wrong. Nothing.

4- You are getting opinions and facts mixed up. 

37 minutes ago, jamess said:

He is our captain and one of our best players.  He has got some stick recently,  but I have no doubts he will prove the doubters wrong and be a legendary captain.  I'd rather he didn't play for the sfa cabal,  but he is a professional player that wants to go as far as he can. And shock horror,  he showed he is no bad.

With all due respect to Lee. He is not one of our best players. Well, not this season anyhow. 

I hope his wee stint down in England has refreshed him as a player. 

I have the utmost respect for Wallace. He has spirit, composure and dedication. Most players are lucky to have one of those traits.

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

1- OK so I was right then. 

2- You don't know if Rangers have benefited from Lee playing yet - as I said, what happens if he plays the same way for us next game as he has done all season - will your stance change? 

3- There's nothing for me to back down from. Nothing you've said has made me think I am wrong. Nothing.

4- You are getting opinions and facts mixed up. 

1. Far from right obviously. 

2. You seem to keep deflecting. Strangely.

I'm suggesting players generally increase in value and personally with international exposure and caps.

You seem to disagree. Only referring to LW as your basis.

3. Uber no surrender. Well done. No retreat and all that.

You said......"An opinion is neither right nor wrong. You should know that."

I said

"An opinion can be very right or very wrong. Doesn't stop it being an opinion"

OK.

I think in my opinion you're a Saville loving bead rattling Rome born hoop wearing paedophile inbred scum cunt.

My opinion is not wrong?

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

1. Far from right obviously. 

2. You seem to keep deflecting. Strangely.

I'm suggesting players generally increase in value and personally with international exposure and caps.

You seem to disagree. Only referring to LW as your basis.

3. Uber no surrender. Well done. No retreat and all that.

You said......"An opinion is neither right nor wrong. You should know that."

I said

"An opinion can be very right or very wrong. Doesn't stop it being an opinion"

OK.

I think in my opinion you're a Saville loving bead rattling Rome born hoop wearing paedophile inbred scum cunt.

My opinion is not wrong?

I'm just going to address your last point in bold because the rest of it is just waffling shite that I've already covered...

It's wrong because you've used what you think are facts - such as being a Catholic and supporting Celtic .. that's factually incorrect - it makes it a falsehood rather than an opinion because it's wrong. An opinion would be to say I act like a saville loving bead rattling Rome born hoop wearing paedophile inbred scum cunt. 

31 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

With all due respect to Lee. He is not one of our best players. Well, not this season anyhow. 

I hope his wee stint down in England has refreshed him as a player. 

I have the utmost respect for Wallace. He has spirit, composure and dedication. Most players are lucky to have one of those traits.

Sorry mate,  struggling to think of that many better (over an extended period).........

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm just going to address your last point in bold because the rest of it is just waffling shite that I've already covered...

It's wrong because you've used what you think are facts - such as being a Catholic and supporting Celtic .. that's factually incorrect - it makes it a falsehood rather than an opinion because it's wrong. An opinion would be to say I act like a saville loving bead rattling Rome born hoop wearing paedophile inbred scum cunt. 

I gave no facts to back up my opinion.

Each aspect is an opinion of mine of which I can back up an none and I purport to be factual through belief only.

It's my opinion. I'm stating no fact. You state my opinion is not wrong.

Wow. Outed after 8k posts......

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I gave no facts to back up my opinion.

Each aspect is an opinion of mine of which I can back up an none and I purport to be factual through belief only.

It's my opinion. I'm stating no fact. You state my opinion is not wrong.

Wow. Outed after 8k posts......

Except the bit I said it's factually incorrect. 

1 minute ago, jamess said:

Sorry mate,  struggling to think of that many better (over an extended period).........

I meant this season. See your point though, and he is by far my favourite player since our demise then rise.

He has been mediacore for us this season though. Hurts me to say that. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Except the bit I said it's factually incorrect. 

That I'm not referring to.

Only an opinion.

That you said was neither right nor wrong.

As in cannot be wrong.

About being a Gerald.

Outed KAI, away back to kds with your own sort.

That I'm not referring to.

Only an opinion.

That you said was neither right nor wrong.

As in cannot be wrong.

About being a Gerald.

Outed KAI, away back to kds with your own sort.

Again, like I said earlier you don't seem to know the difference between facts and opinions. 

Well done Lee Wallace, a true professional on and off the field and epitomises what it means to be captain of Rangers.

I actually can't believe some of the pathetic immature comments on here regarding him, some guys need to take a long hard look at themselves and maybe understand whether you like the national team or not then it's about Lee Wallace and the sense of achievement he gets when winning an international cap.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Again, like I said earlier you don't seem to know the difference between facts and opinions. 

I believe you're a troll.

I have no facts.

You have said I am right. As opinions are not wrong.

Troll.

On that note, I'll check your reply in the morning.

7 minutes ago, dande101 said:

Well done Lee Wallace, a true professional on and off the field and epitomises what it means to be captain of Rangers.

I actually can't believe some of the pathetic immature comments on here regarding him, some guys need to take a long hard look at themselves and maybe understand whether you like the national team or not then it's about Lee Wallace and the sense of achievement he gets when winning an international cap.

I think some Rangers fans need to take a good hard look at themselves if they think it's great that he's playing for the SFA's national football team - since everything we've been through since 2012 .. we've had the SFA try to strip us of titles, the bodies give us illegal transfer embargo's, try to kill us off, have the rest of the top flight in Scottish football banish us from the league, the footballing media continuing to demonise the Rangers support and the club and that's before getting started on the Tartan Army with their YES voting shite, boo'ing the national anthem and Rangers players and the SFA also fail to take any action against Hibs for our players, including Wallace being assaulted at their cup final.

I can look myself in the mirror as a Rangers fan and feel totally comfortable. I don't know how other Rangers fans that want to see Scotland do well and have our players play well for them can do the same thing.

I believe you're a troll.

I have no facts.

You have said I am right. As opinions are not wrong.

Troll.

On that note, I'll check your reply in the morning.

I'm not trolling you are incapable of taking in what I am saying to you. It says more about you than me. 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think some Rangers fans need to take a good hard look at themselves if they think it's great that he's playing for the SFA's national football team - since everything we've been through since 2012 .. we've had the SFA try to strip us of titles, the bodies give us illegal transfer embargo's, try to kill us off, have the rest of the top flight in Scottish football banish us from the league, the footballing media continuing to demonise the Rangers support and the club and that's before getting started on the Tartan Army with their YES voting shite, boo'ing the national anthem and Rangers players and the SFA also fail to take any action against Hibs for our players, including Wallace being assaulted at their cup final.

I can look myself in the mirror as a Rangers fan and feel totally comfortable. I don't know how other Rangers fans that want to see Scotland do well and have our players play well for them can do the same thing.

Think you have to see the difference between the totally committed supporter that lives and breathes the club till his dying breath and a professional footballer that is doing a job.  I am a great Wallace fan,  but he will never think the way I do.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think some Rangers fans need to take a good hard look at themselves if they think it's great that he's playing for the SFA's national football team - since everything we've been through since 2012 .. we've had the SFA try to strip us of titles, the bodies give us illegal transfer embargo's, try to kill us off, have the rest of the top flight in Scottish football banish us from the league, the footballing media continuing to demonise the Rangers support and the club and that's before getting started on the Tartan Army with their YES voting shite, boo'ing the national anthem and Rangers players.

Each to their own but to wish him a bad game is pretty pathetic. 

I used to love the national team as I am a proud Scotsman,  a proud Scotsman that sees Scotland make up part of the Union, however I am disillusioned with the national team and the biased hierarchy at the helm but I would never take away one man's pride to score bonus points. 

I love my club just as much as the next man and my love for Rangers will never die but I live in hope for the day that we can rid the SFA of corruption and bias and once again have some pride instilled within the powers that be.

Don't forget your roots, would you rather Surrender to the immigrants and let them overcome OUR country with bile hatred and corruption or stand up to it?

Just now, jamess said:

Think you have to see the difference between the totally committed supporter that lives and breathes the club till his dying breath and a professional footballer that is doing a job.  I am a great Wallace fan,  but he will never think the way I do.

I know what you are saying.

I would never expect Wallace or anyone to say no to a cap. As you say, they think different to supporters. Wallace has been a great servant for us - he owes us nothing but I don't want him playing for that lot, either. 

I don't think that's a contradiction. It's as you say, players are professionals and think different to supporters on things like this. 

I wonder if the internet was around in the mid 90's and the SFA helped jail bu Duncan and he quit the Scotland set-up if some of the same people would have been thumping their chests and saying way to go. 

3 minutes ago, jamess said:

Of course their is a difference mate, we pump money in, they take it as a wage, just like Andy Halliday or Barry Ferguson but does that make them any less a Rangers man than you or I?