If we lose on Saturday....

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

If we lose on Saturday we obviously fail to win 3 points. A long standing record would be ended.   It would provide yet more evidence that Warburton is not able to motivate a team to win.   It's one game less in which to demonstrate that we can finish second ...sorry, a strong second. It adds to the already thorny and heavy bundle of patience Warburton requires us to bear until ....well I don't know when and I don't think he knows when it will all have been worth it.    It would add to the dilemma that King faces......stick with this and see how the land lies at the end of the season, or change in order to try obtain the objective for the season.   If its a bad December, even worse, a bad OF game at the end of the month then the dilemma for King might be that bit more acute and by then I guess the sentiment of many Supporters might turn firmly against Warburton which in turn makes it harder for him to prove his worth to the end of the season.  

If we lose or fail to win another weight is added to the pressure facing Waburton and King.   Whether its enough to tip the balance is another thing.   But another bad OF result and performance later in the month would be bound to load considerably more pressure on Warburton.

Of course, sooner or later we'll start to hear more from him about the unfortunate injuries that have hampered is team selections and if only he had a full squad and an original  fully behaving squad, then things would be so much different.   He's like that....he'll look to explain the game away just as he'll look to explain the season away if the objectives are not met.   As a former financial trader he'll be used to explaining why trades did not work out as hoped.....but there's always next time to recover the losses and make a profit.

TBH, the OF game just doesn't bear thinking about. Hopefully he will be gone by then and hopefully King would have fucked off as well. The players will then be refreshed from the psychological trauma he caused them and ready for the challenge.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

I hate booingt of organicr anything that makes the team feel like shit but If we lose there will be a serious booing session thats guaranteed so fingers X they kick Aberdeen and we do not lose.

I would never contenplate booing a Rangers side INfront of any Aberdeen fans , think of the fun that would give them, they would be happier us booingRangers as them beating us.

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

You fucking look it up.

By the way I took your splendid advice and looked it up.Miller has scored 3 goals in nearly one thousand minutes of league football and Garner 3 goals in nearly seven hundered and fifty minutes of league football but we have a problem with our midfield.If anyone thinks that that's acceptable well no wonder we are where we are. Spare us the shit about our midfield and lets deal with the glaring fact that we are not scoring enough,plain and simple we have forwards who are not scoring enough or is that the midfields fault.

37 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

I hate booing or anything that makes the team feel like shit but If we lose there will be a serious booing session thats guaranteed so fingers X they kick Aberdeen and we do not lose.

I wouldn't do anything like this at the sheep game mate .

Maybe for another time but most definitely not in front of gloating sheep

47 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

And do you not think a forward not scoring a goal in 7 games is criminal or is the chances missed all season someone elses fault.The manager and Miller have both said that we are not clinical enough so I don't see what you are slandering about the midfield not making chances when you have a forward admitting himself that we are not clinical enough.

I can't think of many gilt edged chances he's missed if I'm honest.

i know he's created more than he's scored.

23 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

By the way I took your splendid advice and looked it up.Miller has scored 3 goals in nearly one thousand minutes of league football and Garner 3 goals in nearly seven hundered and fifty minutes of league football but we have a problem with our midfield.If anyone thinks that that's acceptable well no wonder we are where we are. Spare us the shit about our midfield and lets deal with the glaring fact that we are not scoring enough,plain and simple we have forwards who are not scoring enough or is that the midfields fault.

How many goals that weren't penalties have been scored from midfield.?

Just now, sammy cox said:

Ok whatever

I get what you are saying about the front line and totally agree. In fact the same could be said about last season we should be scoring more.

But I honestly think for the amount of possession we have we should be creating double what we make right now.

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

I get what you are saying about the front line and totally agree. In fact the same could be said about last season we should be scoring more.

But I honestly think for the amount of possession we have we should be creating double what we make right now.

It's about chances taken.In every game your forward line will get chances,not just us but most teams will get a chance or chances.The difference is taking those few chances when they do come.This is the difference between nil nil or one each etc. The manager,Miller have both said recently we are not clinical enough but still the same pish week in week out.

25 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I wouldn't do anything like this at the sheep game mate .

Maybe for another time but most definitely not in front of gloating sheep

I have never booed apart from at a ref which I think comes from the days of Hateley and the abuse he got from our fans at first I hated it.

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Aberdeen haven't beaten us since I was born ffs. 

It's a real shame that regardless of the result the board will allow us to trundle on dropping points every 2nd game until we eventually finish 25+ behind cellic. The board have got to take a real hard look at themselves in this situation 

Think you mean ' haven't beaten us at home' . If not, then I applaud you on being a fantastic writer for someone so young.

i said all week and as i was driving to the game last nite i thought the same and i was right we are far too lightweight and have no physical threat. look at hearts full of strong hard running physical players we looked like a bunch of schoolboys beside them the big  gst hearts centre forward who was a very good player had more strenght than our front 3 put together.

i am not avocating we fill our team with hammer throwers but this league might have limited quality but all teams have physicallity and work hard and until we match them we will continue to struggle

3 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Throwing scarfs and protests outside the front door..??..Fucks sake..

Just as well there wasn't an INTERNET when Greig was having a torrid time..Or when Wallace (2nd time round) was serving up pretty damn awful football..Back in those days I went to the games and I supported my TEAM..

Will continue to do so. Yes it aint good enough..But I won't be throwing my scarf..nor will I be outside the front doors..:mad:

I think were in a similar situation now as we were in  Greigs day, very little money to spend on players , if John Greig had the money that Souness got it might have been different. Always felt John Greig was a bit unlucky as a manager in that respect .But even now i think Greigs team were better than what we are seeing now, i sat in the Centenary stand as a boy cheering them on and will cheer the Gers on no matter what, were Rangers fans. that lot over the city are Glory hunters who turn up now that were back, its always about the Rangers. lets get behind the team, losing ? unthinkable .

1 minute ago, Lothianbear said:

I think were in a similar situation now as we were in  Greigs day, very little money to spend on players , if John Greig had the money that Souness got it might have been different. Always felt John Greig was a bit unlucky as a manager in that respect .But even now i think Greigs team were better than what we are seeing now, i sat in the Centenary stand as a boy cheering them on and will cheer the Gers on no matter what, were Rangers fans. that lot over the city are Glory hunters who turn up now that were back, its always about the Rangers. lets get behind the team, losing ? unthinkable .

Was that because of the stadium getting built?

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Was that because of the stadium getting built?

well yes that would have been a factor as i could be wrong but im sure the stadium was being rebuilt throughout Greigs reign as manager, still had some decent European nights back then but the money involved then was nowhere near the sums of money clubs get now. attendances were obviously lower so income wasnt great .

Just now, Lothianbear said:

well yes that would have been a factor as i could be wrong but im sure the stadium was being rebuilt throughout Greigs reign as manager, still had some decent European nights back then but the money involved then was nowhere near the sums of money clubs get now. attendances were obviously lower so income wasnt great .

There were also boardroom things going on at that time as well I believe,, If ever I read about those times I 'm of the opinion that Jock Wallace leaving in 78 had a very great impact on the club, and that John Grieg mainly inherited a team that whilst successful was in transition. Grieg's early years could be assumed as "hat might have beens" but the last couple of years look to have been one where the club lost it's way. I think it's interesting to speculate what Jock Wallace would have achieved had he not left, and the impact that would have had on the careers of certain players who became rather unfulfilled.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

There were also boardroom things going on at that time as well I believe,, If ever I read about those times I 'm of the opinion that Jock Wallace leaving in 78 had a very great impact on the club, and that John Grieg mainly inherited a team that whilst successful was in transition. Grieg's early years could be assumed as "hat might have beens" but the last couple of years look to have been one where the club lost it's way. I think it's interesting to speculate what Jock Wallace would have achieved had he not left, and the impact that would have had on the careers of certain players who became rather unfulfilled.

ye i think thats a fair point first time around Jock Wallace certainly was succesfull, two trebles in there too , we will never know, but how good would we have been if Wallace had stayed and Greig had learned the managerial role as assistant manager rather than been put right in to it.