ForeverBlue1981

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

It is a science,

you are the only one condescending,

In my experience, and I have a lot, this is my job, critique needs to be emphatic, that is the one thing I’ve learned over any other, if not the advice is ignored and the same mistakes are made over and over

Your sanctimonious retort and original effort help no-one except you and your own happy fucking clappy insipid ego :sleep1: 

That’s reality, now take your  (tu) and shove it here:moon:

Ha ha.. Took the bate lol (tu)

6 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

My bad, so obvious….

in a world where feelings are precious and intellect sparse

It's a Rangers Forum -- expect the unexpected.  Anyway, I'm sure you know your stuff (tu)  Just that  I thought you were a little bit hard on a guy just sharing his Rangers song.  He isn't going to win any awards with it...   No need to question anyone's intellect.. Everyone here is different.. All walks of life and never really share what they do -- or capable of and so on.  It's the internet where people hide behind keyboards

ok.. Back to the match thread and real life (tu)  No hard feelings...  

On 09/12/2016 at 1:38 AM, Heshootshescores said:

Yes.. Not bad,  I like the folk song approach. Maybe you should write a Xmas song,  replace that same tired old shit that we hear year after year. One with a Rangers theme.. Could call it Blue Christmas! :-) 

Could work ha ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2016 at 3:55 PM, Rangers Lady said:

The vocal is extinct, nobody sings like that anymore, You got to sound convincing, no matter what you say it has to be delivered with Impact

Stringing out words, that doesn't happen anymore, syllabic stretching is just shit, keep it staccato if your serious, a Melisima for a bird is ok but even that is outdated 

Virtually no Dynamics, as in variations of perceived volume, tempo and instrumentation, don't change the tempo but use eights in the verse sixteens in the chorus except this has no chorus

I would take it down, practice belting out, learn about song structure,  intro, short get to the point/chorus/catchy bit verse, bridge and keep it under 3 .30  nearer 3 

There's a lot more but I hope it helps, it is shit though 

That's not constructive criticism, that's just being a cunt. You clearly know a bit so why not pm him and try and give him some advice, rather than coming across as the way you do. 

Cheers to anyone that has checked the song out. If you can continue to share it I would appreciate it.

Some like it, some don't. Fair enough.

Some hilarious comments on here from award winning Grammy songwriting musicians.  Here was me thinking it was just a wee simple folk song about Rangers ?