When teams don't park the bus

KeyserSoze

Ok Hertz never really did much to shout about but at least they never stuck ten behind the ball.  They at least tried. 

I say this because the Sheep did the same. It suits us, our system kicks in and we can see clear as day what MW is trying to do. BUT it relies on teams trying to play against us and us exploiting the space  

We will always struggle against teams that park the bus - so we need to revert to less possession and drawing teams in a bit to find the space to play. Allow the opposition to have a bit more of the ball than we currently do. 

I'll email the Gaffer now (tu)

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ok Hertz never really did much to shout about but at least they never stuck ten behind the ball.  They at least tried. 

I say this because the Sheep did the same. It suits us, our system kicks in and we can see clear as day what MW is trying to do. BUT it relies on teams trying to play against us and us exploiting the space  

We will always struggle against teams that park the bus - so we need to revert to less possession and drawing teams in a bit to find the space to play. Allow the opposition to have a bit more of the ball than we currently do. 

I'll email the Gaffer now (tu)

That'll be the case when we play ra sellick.its then when we will know if we are on the right track.

Either way,  I've watched Rangers for over 40yrs and parking the bus is a normal circumstance that we should negotiate most of the time. 

r

Kinda disagree with you tbh. Warburton has changed it up a bit. We pretty much set up as 4-4-2 today and last week. with Tav on RW, Mckay on LW, with Garner and Miller up top. Then when hearts made a few subs the gaffer changed it up again. 

The last 2 games have shown the boss isn't afraid to mix it up a bit. 

The sheep and hearts didn't know how to deal with our change of shape.

it's positive going forward if teams dont know how we are going to set up. 

tav as RW is superb, his closing down play is superb, takes pressure off the back 4 as their midfield struggles to get past ours. 

A couple more good results + a decent Jan window and we should be in a good place. 

I think it had more to do with us pressing high up the park and putting them under pressure, not to mention some heart and desire. Hearts didn't sit in at Tynecastle either and we were pretty soundly beaten. Against defensive teams its even more important that we don't give them a moments rest in their own half and put them under pressure to force mistakes.

18 hours ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Hey Toad howzitgaun ya Dirty Bastard !

Brilliant hope all is well with you and yours south of the border.

Might have known you would put a comment on about buses, gonna start calling you Blakey!

WATP