Lack of a goalscorer

NixonRFC

1 hour ago, Bluebear11 said:

We don't score enough goals

Historically we have never been a high scoring team, although we are missing too many chances, Waghorn should have scored and assisted yesterday, in the second half we should have had more of a return for the good play, our players seem to make too many bad decisions when it matters.

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I put his name forward in the suggestions thread last week. I work with a guy who is a season ticket holder at Motherwell and asked him how good the guy is week in week out, not just in the big televised games. He was adamant that if Motherwell lost Moult (moulted yaaaaas) in the January transfer window that it would mean certain relegation for Motherwell. The guy at work watches him every week so it probably tells you how good he is. Certainly played well when I seen him on the telly last week and would probably fit in to our style of play.

Fair enough, looks good every time I've seen him play (which admittedly isn't a lot) does anyone know if he's a bear?

Shame the table doesn't show league appearances and give a true reflection of played matches to strike rate pretty sure Garner  has only started about 10 games in the league and  dodoo only two starts with 7-8 times coming on  as a sub for the last 20-30 min  

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Can ignore them all you like mate but it is what it is, the goal is to be better than them, when they come to Ibrox in 19 days they'll have potential match winners all over the park

Their stats also look a bit more impressive because that table also shows goals scored in the CL something we weren't in.  End of the day it's where we're at the end of the season and if we can continue to win games and play as well as have done the last couple of games.

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Can ignore them all you like mate but it is what it is, the goal is to be better than them, when they come to Ibrox in 19 days they'll have potential match winners all over the park

So will we. Fuck them.

17 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Our top league scorer has scored 2 in like 13 games :lol:, embarrassing.

kenny's our top league scorer with 4  we've played 17 games now so that's just over 1 goal every 4 games that he's converting regardless if he's s starting or sub  if the trend continues at that ratio  Miller could be our top scorer this season with around  9 goals ? cant think of many sides that are or were successful without a prolific  striker or strikers 

There is no point in signing players from this league.  We signed MOH as he was a stand out.  He has been underwhelming for us.

The strikers we crave are only bought with Champions League or Sky money.  I don't think the standard of player that is around in SPL is any better than what we have. If they were that good, big clubs from down south would be paying out for them. As it is they can hardly attract interest from from English Championship clubs. Division One would be about their standard.