You know what?

RFCRobertson

5 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

I think we can beat them but as I've said in regards to every game it will come down to who makes the most or biggest fuck ups and which team capitalizes the best on those fuck ups as I'm sure fuck ups will be made on both sides.

As you say we string a few results together ( results fully deserved ) and some get a bit carried away but that's up to them why not. On the other hand if results are not going well you have the other side of the fence wanting everyone from the boardroom to the bootroom fucked off out the door. This is the Rangers support for you good or bad depends on what side of the fence you are on.

It's a forum, I'm happy to debate.

But suggesting man for man our squad is better than theirs is fucking ridiculous. Imo of course.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a few decent individuals but overall I think they're there for the taking. They're not as brilliant as the media would have you believe. No one gave us a chance in the semi final last season and look what happened, old firm games can go either way regardless of form.

Can't see why anyone is doubting us getting a result here.  Have you seen their form recently?  They were jammy lucky against Motherwell and aside from a 4-1 win against Thistle they've won their last three games by single goal margins against three teams in the bottom 6.  By all accounts Thistle were very unlucky last night not to get all three points.  

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's a forum, I'm happy to debate.

But suggesting man for man our squad is better than theirs is fucking ridiculous. Imo of course.

Do you not feel on the other side of the fence that Rangers supporters who admit defeat in games before a ball is kicked are fucking ridiculous as well just as much as the people you are talking about who think that man for man our squad is better are fucking ridiculous.

33 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Blinkered? Fool?

Still not sure which.

By your assessment if we sold both squads ours would be worth more? If neither of us strengthens then maybe not this season but next we'll have enough there to win the league?

I don't think you're blinkered, but hey enjoy your positive wee bubble you live in and watch out for those jagged points of reality

Yeh , because a value of a player always relates to how good he is. We paid 15 million for Duncan Ferguson. They paid less than a million for Larsson, so that obviously means Ferguson was the superior player.

3 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Do you not feel on the other side of the fence that Rangers supporters who admit defeat in games before a ball is kicked are fucking ridiculous as well just as much as the people you are talking about who think that man for man our squad is better are fucking ridiculous.

When you say admit defeat what exactly do you mean?

Those that doubt us, those who say we just won't win, those who say it's odds on (bookie stats) we'll lose?

Cause if it's the 2nd category I haven't seen much of that tbh tho I've seen references to it.

But I would agree certain teams would beat us today. Comfortably. Which I get as other teams budget, squad profile, international and European pedigree etc give cause to that.

In Scotland, no. But do I EXPECT to beat every team, do I expect towipe the floor with the bheasts? No, no I don't.

1 minute ago, Chineseboy said:

Yeh , because a value of a player always relates to how good he is. We paid 15 million for Duncan Ferguson. They paid less than a million for Larsson, so that obviously means Ferguson was the superior player.

You're making that fool of yourself now.

Do stop.

1 minute ago, Chineseboy said:

Think you might have slightly over valued drunken Duncan there sir

Ibrox is going to be something else that day , if our players thought hibs last season and Aberdeen a few weeks back was special . They have not seen anything yet . Going by gut feeling I just don't think/feel we are getting beat . A draw may be the outcome but I think we are sneaking it , just have that niggle feeling . Two games to take care of before that right enough 

Dembele hasn't scored in however many games, and from what I've seen hes a poor player. Poor positioning and touch. Couple of decent finishes and has been riding on his goals against us for weeks now. 

Roberts has scored 8 goals in his whole professional club career. And has done nothing of note this season. 

The thumb has been in and out the team and when did he last score against us? 

Sinclair is a decent player but in his last game against us I thought he looked average. 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

When you say admit defeat what exactly do you mean?

Those that doubt us, those who say we just won't win, those who say it's odds on (bookie stats) we'll lose?

Cause if it's the 2nd category I haven't seen much of that tbh tho I've seen references to it.

But I would agree certain teams would beat us today. Comfortably. Which I get as other teams budget, squad profile, international and European pedigree etc give cause to that.

In Scotland, no. But do I EXPECT to beat every team, do I expect towipe the floor with the bheasts? No, no I don't.

What I mean is so called supporters who are coming on here before games i.e. Aberdeen and saying that 25 year records are in the bin,saying they wish to congratulate Aberdeen on winning at Ibrox for the first time in 25 years and many more all before a ball is kicked surely that for any Rangers fan is fucking ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, offsiderules said:

Can't see why anyone is doubting us getting a result here.  Have you seen their form recently?  They were jammy lucky against Motherwell and aside from a 4-1 win against Thistle they've won their last three games by single goal margins against three teams in the bottom 6.  By all accounts Thistle were very unlucky last night not to get all three points.  

Hate to give the nonce any credit but I don't think you can read too much into them winning a few games by a single goal TBH.  They've got a big lead at the minute and dont really need to go out full pelt and win by big score lines also they've been mixing the team up a bit.

Maybe the biggest difference between the teams right now is they can play pish and still win games that's something I don't think we can do at the minute.

14 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

What I mean is so called supporters who are coming on here before games i.e. Aberdeen and saying that 25 year records are in the bin,saying they wish to congratulate Aberdeen on winning at Ibrox for the first time in 25 years and many more all before a ball is kicked surely that for any Rangers fan is fucking ridiculous.

Fucking ridiculous ?

The recent wins will do the players well. We can take the septic with the right mentality. We have a part to play in building up the players with positive support.

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Dembele hasn't scored in however many games, and from what I've seen hes a poor player. Poor positioning and touch. Couple of decent finishes and has been riding on his goals against us for weeks now. 

Roberts has scored 8 goals in his whole professional club career. And has done nothing of note this season. 

The thumb has been in and out the team and when did he last score against us? 

Sinclair is a decent player but in his last game against us I thought he looked average. 

Dembele 17 goals this season.

Thumb 12

Sinclair 11

Roberts 4

Thumb got 40 last season when he was Rogers no 1.

Fair enough it's your opinion but imo the attacking qualities of any one of them would improve our front line.

Stats that shouldn't be dismissed.

Let'a not get ahead of ourselves. Aye, they've slowed down a bit and we've picked up in the last few games. But our fragilities haven't just disappeared over night, and i always have the impression watching them domestically this season that they can step up a few gears whenever they want too unfortunately.

We'll see what happens, i do think we can take them at home - it's an old firm game, worse teams than our have won this game before many times. Do i think we will, i really don't know just now. What happens if we struggle again on the 24th or 28th , Warbs oot sell them all again? I really can't offer anything of value on this game other than we'll see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Chineseboy said:

15 mil for Duncan ferguson

it was a British  record at the time but think it was more 4 million 

and flo was 12 million with all the add ins which I don't think we paid the full amount due to him being fucking rank