5 game season

ElBufalo20

8 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Exactly. Trophies aren't that important for us according to people on here now.

The tims won the treble but it's alright lads we finished 2nd above Aberdeen. Successful season 

Nobody has said that :headscratch:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Nobody has said that :headscratch:

Amato said he's not bothered about trophies unless the league.

Im not saying we can't finish second and win the cup. 

Just think we desperately need a cup win for the feel good factor to get back.

And yeah if we had a crucial semi final coming up I'd be happy if the manager saved players for the cup.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Obviously love to win Scottish cup but ffs can anyone honestly see us winning it? Unless some cunt knocks them out early doors we are fucked. Even then we are likely to blow it. We gave those counts from Edinburgh their first win for over 100 yrs ffs

I don't agree we couldn't beat them. Today we showed in spells we can beat them. Clearly we don't have enough over a season at this stage but I don't fear them in a one off game. Not at all.

5 minutes ago, Amato said:

I don't agree we couldn't beat them. Today we showed in spells we can beat them. Clearly we don't have enough over a season at this stage but I don't fear them in a one off game. Not at all.

Aye, one off game. Today was a one off game. Played well for what 25 m . Arse kicked for majority of game  at home. Fuck sake, we are pish and going fucking no where. 

Am pished mate, happy new year anyway 

34 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Exactly. Trophies aren't that important for us according to people on here now.

The tims won the treble but it's alright lads we finished 2nd above Aberdeen. Successful season 

Absolute nonsense isn't it? Trophies are what have made us who we are. Thanks to winning trophies we currently have the bragging rights over every other club in the world. Thanks to winning trophies we can lord it over our fiercest rivals. Thanks to winning so many trophies this club will never lose it's need to win more. We've all tasted them. We've all been there when we've won them and i guarantee we all want more. The club deserve more. We haven't won the Scottish Cup in a very long time, this year is the most important year for us to win it since i can remember as it will hold so much meaning. None more so than proving we can still win major honours but also stopping Celtics charge towards a domestic treble. They are not a good side and to see such a mediocre team win a domestic clean sweep would be humiliating, not just for Scottish football but even more so for us. No way can we let it happen. 

The Scottish Cup is imperative regardless of what people on here say about it. This year is a must. 

Forget the league now, that will take care of itself, we will get 2nd. Everything should be put into winning that Scottish Cup. 

6 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Absolute nonsense isn't it? Trophies are what have made us who we are. Thanks to winning trophies we currently have the bragging rights over every other club in the world. Thanks to winning trophies we can lord it over our fiercest rivals. Thanks to winning so many trophies this club will never lose it's need to win more. We've all tasted them. We've all been there when we've won them and i guarantee we all want more. The club deserve more. We haven't won the Scottish Cup in a very long time, this year is the most important year for us to win it since i can remember as it will hold so much meaning. None more so than proving we can still win major honours but also stopping Celtics charge towards a domestic treble. They are not a good side and to see such a mediocre team win a domestic clean sweep would be humiliating, not just for Scottish football but even more so for us. No way can we let it happen. 

The Scottish Cup is imperative regardless of what people on here say about it. This year is a must. 

Forget the league now, that will take care of itself, we will get 2nd. Everything should be put into winning that Scottish Cup. 

I get the point but how do you put everything into winning the Scottish Cup? The players should be putting everything into every game. Regardless of who we play just now I'm not confident we will win and we'll need consistency to win the cup, something we've not shown all season.

4 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I get the point but how do you put everything into winning the Scottish Cup? The players should be putting everything into every game. Regardless of who we play just now I'm not confident we will win and we'll need consistency to win the cup, something we've not shown all season.

But they are clearly not though. We now know where we are. We've played everyone twice. We can beat them all on our day. January recruitment is key, we need those 3 or 4 better players to enhance this team, not squad, the team. Get them and i honestly believe we can do it. And the manager has to stop this rotation, lean squad, keep everyone happy pish. Play the strongest team and get us on a long winning run. Confidence is key. 

I don't think we need consistency. Cups have shown some crazy results over the years from underdogs and teams off form. It's a one off match and i think in a one off match, we could take anyone in Scotland, including Celtic. if we can avoid Parkhead in the draws until Hampden, there is really no excuse for failure. We shouldn't be losing to anyone in this country or anywhere.

We have a long break now and a chance to bring in a couple of players. We must ensure they are of genuine quality. 

47 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Well we're the most successful club in the world in terms of trophies so yeah I care about winning it

That record will in not to long a time be under serious threat. And if Savco win the SC that's another three trophies added to the total. I also don't think we have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the SC as Warburton,imo,can't cut it against Brenda. I stress,MY opinion before the flak starts. Sad thing is I honestly believe King will be satisfied with second place because it gains us entry to Europe. We should have won the SC last season but the disaster that is Tavernier fuc*ed it up and wimped it from Stokes who bullied him. The same Tavernier months later who Warburton continues to pick. I knew after the final he wasn't up to it ffs. Sorry for sounding doom and gloom but I can take no positives from yet another loss against those unwashed Neanderthals. Again not speaking for everyone but how long will Rangers fans in general put up with us losing to Savco?

4 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

But they are clearly not though. We now know where we are. We've played everyone twice. We can beat them all on our day. January recruitment is key, we need those 3 or 4 better players to enhance this team, not squad, the team. Get them and i honestly believe we can do it. And the manager has to stop this rotation, lean squad, keep everyone happy pish. Play the strongest team and get us on a long winning run. Confidence is key. 

I don't think we need consistency. Cups have shown some crazy results over the years from underdogs and teams off form. It's a one off match and i think in a one off match, we could take anyone in Scotland, including Celtic. if we can avoid Parkhead in the draws until Hampden, there is really no excuse for failure. We shouldn't be losing to anyone in this country or anywhere.

We have a long break now and a chance to bring in a couple of players. We must ensure they are of genuine quality. 

We've shown nothing this season to suggest we can beat Celtic. I hope I'm wrong but can't see us doing it. The same team never showed up in the final last year and nothing to suggest they can do it this season.

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

We've shown nothing this season to suggest we can beat Celtic. I hope I'm wrong but can't see us doing it. The same team never showed up in the final last year and nothing to suggest they can do it this season.

A bit of luck today and those 2 or 3 players of quality we could have won. We weren't far away granted over a season Celtic are miles away. At Hampden or at Ibrox again with the right additions, i believe even in spite of the management team, we could take them. 

3 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

A bit of luck today and those 2 or 3 players of quality we could have won. We weren't far away granted over a season Celtic are miles away. At Hampden or at Ibrox again with the right additions, i believe even in spite of the management team, we could take them. 

We won't spend the amount of money needed for the "right" additions.. They had a lot more clear cut chances than us today. It pains me to say but every game we've played them this season could have been a 5 - 1 if we didn't have a bit of luck or our goalkeeper to thank. Maybe I'm more pessimistic but I see nothing in our current structure that we are just around the corner from adding to hour honours list.

2 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

We won't spend the amount of money needed for the "right" additions.. They had a lot more clear cut chances than us today. It pains me to say but every game we've played them this season could have been a 5 - 1 if we didn't have a bit of luck or our goalkeeper to thank. Maybe I'm more pessimistic but I see nothing in our current structure that we are just around the corner from adding to hour honours list.

I am usually the pessimistic one but i am point blank refusing to believe that we cannot win the Scottish Cup, no way could i stomach them winning a treble. 

Win every game now, finish second and win the cup

2nd aye but with MW in charge we won't beat Celtic, we need someone to put them out

He's fucked it big time for me, tactics, line ups, subs, transfers, really really got it wrong 

Gutted for him coz it looked so promising

Cant wait to get back beating these scummy bastards

We should be trying to win every single fucking game we play.

I'd love for us to win the Scottish cup, we should've won it last year.

Finishing 2nd in the league is the best we can hope for now, but doesn't that get us a Europa League spot?

How many qualifiers would we have to play, before we get into the group stages? Do we know for sure?

3 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Obviously love to win Scottish cup but ffs can anyone honestly see us winning it? Unless some cunt knocks them out early doors we are fucked. Even then we are likely to blow it. We gave those cunts from Edinburgh their first win for over 100 yrs ffs

Was actually 112 years since they won the cup which proves just how utterly horrendous a result that was.

As you say even if someone did put septic out early doors Warburton will find a way to **** it up. To be brutally honest I think we'll struggle to beat Mothwell when we play them.

4 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Was actually 112 years since they won the cup which proves just how utterly horrendous a result that was.

As you say even if someone did put septic out early doors Warburton will find a way to **** it up. To be brutally honest I think we'll struggle to beat Mothwell when we play them.

You sound like a taig to be honest 

I know it sounds shit but I can only really get up for winning the Scottish Cup if we've won the league otherwise it's an anti climax 

a Scottish cup win would also paper over the cracks big time like what happened when we beat the fenians on penalties and everyone thought we were a good prepared team 

give me a comfortable second finish please with a narrowing of this horrendous gap and hopefully we bring the right people in in the summer (for a change)