Rangers sign emerson hyndman on loan until end Of the season

RFC55

27 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Too early??  I'm sorry but I think you are wearing MW specs.     Garner doesn't look like he is close to being a striker for us.  Whether that is because he isn't good or doesn't fit into our style of play is not the point or Scottish football doesn't suit him, he simply isn't doing thee business.   

You are very pro Warburton in my opinion which appears to have affected your opinion on his ability.  I was pleased when he first arrived and with the first 6 months but when it became obvious where his failings lay then I started to look at his ability with a more critical eye.  I don't want him to fail but it seems apparent to me that due to his intransigence or inability, he has failed already.  When someone has a good 6 months then a very poor following twelve months then my alarm bells ring.

No I'm not wearing MW specs. It's my opinion there is a reason Garner doesn't look a player for us but it has nothing to do with his ability. maybe if you look at what's behind him and the service he is getting (or not getting) you might find part of the reason he has only scored 3 goals for us so far.

I am "pro Warburton" for the fact he was our best option to get us playing with a style of football that I prefer my teams to play and always have done ever since I took up coaching in 1970. Has he made a lot of mistakes? Are there better managers around? The obvious answer is YES; but I, unlike some am willing to give him time to rectify his mistakes and prove he is a good manager, but he won't do it with the financial backing he currently receives.

Do you really think all the players he brought in were his first choices,or even second choices? do you think he was given the cash to buy better players but he refused it? Do you even think that many of the players possibly approached would want to play in a shitty league for the money offered?

As I said previously; Warburton has made some dreadful decisions...He has put out teams that have failed miserably to find a way through packed defences that have cost us points, but I think with the standard of the player we have; Jose Mourinho or Pep Guardiola would look fucking bad as the Rangers manager.

If Warburton doesn't get decent finances to buy better quality players that can mount a serious challenge to the bheasts then he will never improve and resign or be sacked and move on.

We obviously disagree about the qualities of Warburton, so we will leave it at that,because I think he will turn out a very good manager; but as I said before.....Possibly not with Rangers.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 14/01/2017 at 1:24 AM, Ozblue said:

No I'm not wearing MW specs. It's my opinion there is a reason Garner doesn't look a player for us but it has nothing to do with his ability. maybe if you look at what's behind him and the service he is getting (or not getting) you might find part of the reason he has only scored 3 goals for us so far.

I am "pro Warburton" for the fact he was our best option to get us playing with a style of football that I prefer my teams to play and always have done ever since I took up coaching in 1970. Has he made a lot of mistakes? Are there better managers around? The obvious answer is YES; but I, unlike some am willing to give him time to rectify his mistakes and prove he is a good manager, but he won't do it with the financial backing he currently receives.

Do you really think all the players he brought in were his first choices,or even second choices? do you think he was given the cash to buy better players but he refused it? Do you even think that many of the players possibly approached would want to play in a shitty league for the money offered?

As I said previously; Warburton has made some dreadful decisions...He has put out teams that have failed miserably to find a way through packed defences that have cost us points, but I think with the standard of the player we have; Jose Mourinho or Pep Guardiola would look fucking bad as the Rangers manager.

If Warburton doesn't get decent finances to buy better quality players that can mount a serious challenge to the bheasts then he will never improve and resign or be sacked and move on.

We obviously disagree about the qualities of Warburton, so we will leave it at that,because I think he will turn out a very good manager; but as I said before.....Possibly not with Rangers.

I don't know if the players he has brought to the club were his 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice or whatever, the fact remains he brought them in.  Very few managers get their first choice players in.   What good managers do is make the best signings they can and make the best team they can from such signings.  One thing that I find disheartening is his proclivity for signing players of whom he has previous experience and they hardly set the heather on fire.  I would rather see us casting a wider net.     

As for Mourinho and Guardiola managing at our level, it is pointless to speculate on how they would perform.

55 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't know if the players he has brought to the club were his 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice or whatever, the fact remains he brought them in.  Very few managers get their first choice players in.   What good managers do is make the best signings they can and make the best team they can from such signings.  One thing that I find disheartening is his proclivity for signing players of whom he has previous experience and they hardly set the heather on fire.  I would rather see us casting a wider net.     

As for Mourinho and Guardiola managing at our level, it is pointless to speculate on how they would perform.

I know what good managers do and what bad managers do...And I also know what they would and what they wouldn't do with different finances. I started coaching in 1970 and just retired a few years ago due to severe medical problems; perhaps not in the same high pressure situation as a Rangers manager, but no matter the level, the pressure and expectations are still the same.

Have you ever been a coach or manager at any level in the game? because you seem to know all the ins and out of what a manager has to deal with.

It is not pointless to speculate what Mourinho or Guardiola would perform, because I am sure no matter what manager we had, we would still be where we are today.

The one thing I will agree with is the point we seem to be signing players that Warburton has previous knowledge about; I can understand a manager going for certain players from his previous clubs, but not to the extent we are doing now.

As far as I'm concerned this debate has ran its course because neither of us  will agree on the basic argument. You have your opinion and I have mine and it will be interesting to see which one is correct.

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I know what good managers do and what bad managers do...And I also know what they would and what they wouldn't do with different finances. I started coaching in 1970 and just retired a few years ago due to severe medical problems; perhaps not in the same high pressure situation as a Rangers manager, but no matter the level, the pressure and expectations are still the same.

Have you ever been a coach or manager at any level in the game? because you seem to know all the ins and out of what a manager has to deal with.

It is not pointless to speculate what Mourinho or Guardiola would perform, because I am sure no matter what manager we had, we would still be where we are today.

The one thing I will agree with is the point we seem to be signing players that Warburton has previous knowledge about; I can understand a manager going for certain players from his previous clubs, but not to the extent we are doing now.

As far as I'm concerned this debate has ran its course because neither of us  will agree on the basic argument. You have your opinion and I have mine and it will be interesting to see which one is correct.

I will agree that we disagree.  I think you have stated sufficiently frequently that you coached a team or teams.  Frankly I don't care how many teams or how long you coached.   We were discussing the merits or not of Warburton.    I don't need to have coached to know what I see on the park.   I have played and watched football for long enough to know what is happening on a park.    

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I will agree that we disagree.  I think you have stated sufficiently frequently that you coached a team or teams.  Frankly I don't care how many teams or how long you coached.   We were discussing the merits or not of Warburton.    I don't need to have coached to know what I see on the park.   I have played and watched football for long enough to know what is happening on a park.    

Yes we certainly disagree about this topic, so as the two Ronnie's would say; It's goodnight from me and it's goodnight from him.:pipe:

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I have and licensed. Warburton is clueless. His players, his system and we are dross and we will win fuck all as a consequence. You sound as inflexible and one dimensional as Warburton. The game is dynamic. Adapt or get beat and then sacked. Simples.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I have and licensed. Warburton is clueless. His players, his system and we are dross and we will win fuck all as a consequence. You sound as inflexible and one dimensional as Warburton. The game is dynamic. Adapt or get beat and then sacked. Simples.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I am not disagreeing we are dross and I'm certainly not disagreeing we will win fuck all with the players we currently have. What I am saying is that Warburton is not getting the proper investment required to change that.

As far as me being inflexible and one dimensional as Warburton; that could not be further from the truth. I sit and wonder what the fuck is going at some of the stuff I see, but when you take shite off and put shite on, you end up with the same shite. If we end up second in this league with this group of players, then that's the best we are going to get from Warburton (or any other manager we hire) so until we get serious investment then we better get used to it.

Your last sentence is spot on because such is the life of a football manager; as you well know.