Rangers sign emerson hyndman on loan until end Of the season

RFC55

1 minute ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

I don't understand the pessimism about this signing. 

Ideally we'd be spending larger sums on established players, the likes of mendes, Davis etc, but that's just not feasible. We've been playing in the lower leagues of Scottish football for 4 years, there's zero money involved in winning these leagues to spend on my 5s team never mind millions to spend on a top player down south.

The SPL isn't much better.

The only reason we have the squad we have is because fans have turned up in their thousands every week. And have driven us forward to bring in several decent players for cheap.

Until were back playing in Europe and growing year on year, we won't be spending anything over 2 million, and dare I say it, our budget was likely blown on garner who I think will settle into a solid player, but as yet hasn't worked out. 

King won't throw away 5 to 10 million and I can't blame him in all honesty, at least not until we have a solid income from European football or sell off a star asset 

People need to realise this is the exact market we're at, until we can develop players and get European football we won't be spending anything.

Our best bet is young lads with massive potential, bring them in on loans to improve the squad or pick them up at the end of their contracts and sell on for a big profit. This Hyndman will improve us. So what's the issue? 

And you wonder at the pessimism?

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

He has certainly been given a certain amount of backing to a degree. He has had the backing that he can bring in these players paying a wage commensurate with their current quality and ability; What he has not had is the required backing (apart from Garner) to go out and buy players for a substantial transfer fee that can come in and  get remotely close to challenge the bheasts for the title.

As for your last paragraph, Barton and Kranjcar were the only two really experienced signings that were expected to improve our team; and I'm sure nobody expected Barton to be such a disaster, then Kranjcar getting knackered when he did.

While we have not spent huge amounts on transfer fee's every other club in Scotland is in the same boat, celtic had a net spend of something like £3m last summer true they the core of a squad already in place but Brenda has made players that were rubbish under rocket Ronny into better players without spending huge money.

Aberdeen and Hearts probably spent a few hundred grand at most between them and the other teams next to nothing. At the very least Rangers should be winning about 7 or 8  league games out of ten with the kind of money that's gone on wages and fee's over the last year.

We are not 19 going on 21 points behind celtic cause we play them every week, we are that far behind cause we drop points to teams that don't even have a third of the money we have.

Aberdeen and Hearts have been destroyed in Europe over the last 18 months by teams from Malta (ranked 183 in the world) and Kazakhstan (ranked 98th in the world) Do we really need to spend £30m on players to beat that lot?

1 minute ago, Albertz 78 said:

While we have not spent huge amounts on transfer fee's every other club in Scotland is in the same boat, celtic had a net spend of something like £3m last summer true they the core of a squad already in place but Brenda has made players that were rubbish under rocket Ronny into better players without spending huge money.

Aberdeen and Hearts probably spent a few hundred grand at most between them and the other teams next to nothing. At the very least Rangers should be winning about 7 or 8  league games out of ten with the kind of money that's gone on wages and fee's over the last year.

We are not 19 going on 21 points behind celtic cause we play them every week, we are that far behind cause we drop points to teams that don't even have a third of the money we have.

Aberdeen and Hearts have been destroyed in Europe over the last 18 months by teams from Malta (ranked 183 in the world) and Kazakhstan (ranked 98th in the world) Do we really need to spend £30m on players to beat that lot?

What about what our league aspirations next season; would we not need money for that if our ambition is to win the League?

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

And you wonder at the pessimism?

If people find the fact we're bringing in young lads on loan with potential to develop into good EPL players then I've lost hope. 

The pessimism should be at the state of Scottish football since we've been away it's declined like fuck, no sponsors, nae fans, just nothing going for it. I'd suggest we'd struggle to bring in the likes of Darcheville/Beasley/cousin/Hemdani etc etc - never mind the likes of Gazza/Laudrup etc etc. All good players that came with a decent pedigree, but they don't wanna come here and if they do there's only one club that can afford them at the minute 

Until we're back to European football, winning cups and leagues we ain't spending much over a million a transfer window. That's just the way it is. Shite - but that's what being punted down the leagues has done to us. We've taken the hit and are back on the up, win some cups, get into Europe, sell a few quality players for 2,3,4,5 mil and that money gets reinvested. As much as I wanna keep him, McKay could easily go down south for upwards of 5 million imo 

We'll win out in the end (tu)

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Add Senderos to that list.

Actually mate! I deliberately left Senderos off my list due to his debut performance against the bheasts, for the simple reason he was signed as a panic buy to boost the squad when it was evident we were not even close getting an experienced central defender to give us cover for what we already had.

I had hopes that being an experienced International defender he would have been an asset, but the the manner of his signing told me it was a panic buy for an out of work player.

Just now, BigAmo'sThighs said:

If people find the fact we're bringing in young lads on loan with potential to develop into good EPL players then I've lost hope. 

The pessimism should be at the state of Scottish football since we've been away it's declined like fuck, no sponsors, nae fans, just nothing going for it. I'd suggest we'd struggle to bring in the likes of Darcheville/Beasley/cousin/Hemdani etc etc - never mind the likes of Gazza/Laudrup etc etc. All good players that came with a decent pedigree, but they don't wanna come here and if they do there's only one club that can afford them at the minute 

Until we're back to European football, winning cups and leagues we ain't spending much over a million a transfer window. That's just the way it is. Shite - but that's what being punted down the leagues has done to us. We've taken the hit and are back on the up, win some cups, get into Europe, sell a few quality players for 2,3,4,5 mil and that money gets reinvested. As much as I wanna keep him, McKay could easily go down south for upwards of 5 million imo 

We'll win out in the end (tu)

Everything you say makes sense, I just don't see the cause for much optimism right now. Your first line said, 'I don't understand the pessimism about this signing', and then later you said 'we won't be spending anything'. That is hardly something reassuring. There is no guarantees that because you bring in young players that they are going to grow in value. We need investment in this team, and if it's not there it is a cause for concern on how good our team is going to be for the foreseeable future.

14 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

No we don't need to spend  anywhere near that amount to beat the them, but what we need is experienced  players that have gelled over a period of time in a club with stability; which we haven't got.

If you take away the games against the mhanks and the horror against Hearts away, every point we have dropped is against teams that play out of their skin against us with a defensive line up a fucking Russian T-40 tank would struggle to blow away + the stupid individual mistakes from our players that give away sloppy goals.

20 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

What about what our league aspirations next season; would we not need money for that if our ambition is to win the League?

We've played Ross County 2 times this season and dropped 4 out of 6 points with a vastly superior budget so I don't get the argument about lack of money. The money we paid for Joe Garner is probably not far off that teams entire budget for the year.

Like I said above how much money does MW need to spend to get wins against teams like that? And if we can't beat teams of the ilk then we wont win anything.

1 minute ago, Albertz 78 said:

We've played Ross County 2 times this season and dropped 4 out of 6 points with a vastly superior budget so I don't get the argument about lack of money. The money we paid for Joe Garner is probably not far off that teams entire budget for the year.

Like I said above how much money does MW need to spend to get wins against teams like that? And if we can't beat teams of the ilk then we wont win anything.

That's not the way football is played. What was Leicester City's budget compared to some teams in the EPL last season? The Ross County match at their ground should have been over in the first half-hour. We are talking here about a championship winning side, with consistency, and the ability throughout the team to achieve that. It's nothing to do with the existing budget being good enough for one off games, but being good enough for a whole campaign. That will take investment, but only as one factor; the other will be buying the right players to do that.

23 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Actually mate! I deliberately left Senderos off my list due to his debut performance against the bheasts, for the simple reason he was signed as a panic buy to boost the squad when it was evident we were not even close getting an experienced central defender to give us cover for what we already had.

I had hopes that being an experienced International defender he would have been an asset, but the the manner of his signing told me it was a panic buy for an out of work player.

Was Senderos not with Rangers for 10-12 days before he signed?  So MW had plenty of time to look around and find someone better.

While I agree MW might not have had  huge pots of cash that late in the window I am sure he could have found someone better and maybe even cheaper in Scotland or down the leagues in England.

Was just a bad signing TBH.

12 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Was Senderos not with Rangers for 10-12 days before he signed?  So MW had plenty of time to look around and find someone better.

While I agree MW might not have had  huge pots of cash that late in the window I am sure he could have found someone better and maybe even cheaper in Scotland or down the leagues in England.

For how much?

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

Everything you say makes sense, I just don't see the cause for much optimism right now. Your first line said, 'I don't understand the pessimism about this signing', and then later you said 'we won't be spending anything'. That is hardly something reassuring. There is no guarantees that because you bring in young players that they are going to grow in value. We need investment in this team, and if it's not there it is a cause for concern on how good our team is going to be for the foreseeable future.

I guess I just think investment in the team means more than just spending. 

Id like to see the big transfer fees come back one day, but right now I think we should invest in youth and bring through as many top talents as we can from south or abroad, either loans or permanents, build up our bank balance and be a place top pros want to come again. If done right we can certainly challenge them next year and beyond that, put them to the sword 

9 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

Senderos wasn't a bad signing...He was a fucking horrific signing that was only signed because  that cunt Lescott who used to play for Everton gave us the body swerve when he found out he could get more dosh from AEK Athens; which left us with no choice but to sign Senderos. It sounds easy to say "He could/should have signed somebody better/younger/ cheaper" but that's not the way football works these days. There is a myriad of obstacles and hurdles before a player is signed, unlike the old days when managers/clubs had all the powers.

Many a time I wanted to sign a player that was in my thoughts, but missed out because he didn't fancy the area....his wife didn't want to move....he was offered a better deal etc, and that was only in the Australian sphere way before we even had an National League with full professionalism.

Mark Warburton (in my opinion) made a total Lloyd Bridges of it waiting so long to sign an experienced central defender when it was obvious to a blind man that was our biggest weak spot, but as I said previously; he's basically a novice manager who will make plenty of mistakes but I'm confident that given decent backing from our board, he will be a good manager in years to come. :pipe:

9 hours ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Id like to see the big transfer fees come back one day, but right now I think we should invest in youth and bring through as many top talents as we can from south or abroad, either loans or permanents, build up our bank balance and be a place top pros want to come again. If done right we can certainly challenge them next year and beyond that, put them to the sword 

Investing in youth isn't going to get us to the CL or winning the league any time soon.

You can't just expect a group of young players with bugger all experience and know how to come in and perform in front of 50,000 fans while beating a team full of internationalists to the title...that's just fantasy stuff that has no chance of becoming a reality.

A club expecting to challenge and win things needs a mixture of youth, quality and experience....not just youth.

9 hours ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

I respect your points, in fact I even shared them a season ago, but our time in the top league has surely taught us that we need to invest in areas of the team with established players who will compete for the title. There are no guarantees that the picture you build will come to fruition, in fact it may carry its own risks.

Not convinced in the slightest that this signing will be any different to windass.  Plays a good game then post missing for 3-4 games.  

The manager must demand to be backed or sacked because this biscuit tin mentality will only ever get us 2nd and an odd cup.   Now I'm not talking about 20 million here but 5-7 million surely in the football world with a 50,000 seater stadium is not too much to ask.  Warburton will not take us any further without investment- we've come as far as we can.

5 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Investing in youth isn't going to get us to the CL or winning the league any time soon.

You can't just expect a group of young players with bugger all experience and know how to come in and perform in front of 50,000 fans while beating a team full of internationalists to the title...that's just fantasy stuff that has no chance of becoming a reality.

A club expecting to challenge and win things needs a mixture of youth, quality and experience....not just youth.

How is it fantasy? I'm all for bringing in experienced pros who have been there and done it, I'd argue that's what Warburton did with Niko and Barton, and they've hardly been stand outs. Our best players this year,  who have rarely let us down have been Big Wes and McKay imo, neither of whom have played much in the way of big crowds or title winning teams before this last year. McKay after a poor run of form has been superb again this last few weeks

Players good enough will get us through this - it doesn't matter what age they are or where they have played before 

Weve not had European football for a good 4 or 5 years, we've won titles that would have bagged us a whopping 100k at most? How are we going to get these high quality pros who have been there and done it when we don't have two pennies to rub together. 

All this investment talk blows my mind too, nobody in their right mind has thrown money at Scottish football with the exception of David Murray, and in the later years of his ownership we were hardly bringing in top quality pros. A massive amount of downgrading went on, under mcleish and Smith. If somebody literally wants to throw away 20 million then great, but I've yet to see a millionaire that daft

Just now, The Godfather said:

"Players good enough will get us through this"

Yes and they cost money which means investment.

End of.

How much did Ferguson cost? 

How much did Prso cost? 

Novo? David Weir? The list is endless and I could go on, the point is we targeted the right players and developed some stars. They helped us no end 

You believe we should be spending larger amounts and that's fine, but I've yet to see how that's feasible without bringing through players we can sell on for large sums and reinvest. As nobody is putting their own money into Scottish football 

Just now, BigAmo'sThighs said:

How much did Ferguson cost? 

How much did Prso cost? 

Novo? David Weir? The list is endless and I could go on, the point is we targeted the right players and developed some stars. They helped us no end 

You believe we should be spending larger amounts and that's fine, but I've yet to see how that's feasible without bringing through players we can sell on for large sums and reinvest. As nobody is putting their own money into Scottish football 

Prso cost £25k a week on wages

Ferguson cost us £4.5 million

Novo cost us £500k

Yes that's right.....they required investment.

16 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I actually thought you might have left him out on purpose.

If he was proven quality and Warburton wanted him then he wouldn't have needed the extended trial.