Walsh/Sinnamon/Roberts all leave.

pcbear

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

Not sure why you'd view it a cost cutting?

I believe that King will reduce and maybe get rid of any departments, players, sections that are no longer required or conducive to improving Rangers so he can use that revenue purely to keep the club afloat as he is never putting money in unless it's more loans. I expect a further £1 million loan by the end of the season. the summer players that are brought into be on the ST money then more loans of around £3 - £6 million in 2017/8.

Some might say that it's a smart move to do the first part but it's not improving anything, it's keeping things at the level we are at now.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

I believe that King will reduce and maybe get rid of any departments, players, sections that are no longer required or conducive to improving Rangers so he can use that revenue purely to keep the club afloat as he is never putting money in unless it's more loans. I expect a further £1 million loan by the end of the season. the summer players that are brought into be on the ST money then more loans of around £3 - £6 million in 2017/8.

Some might say that it's a smart move to do the first part but it's not improving anything, it's keeping things at the level we are at now.

That's the problem with King and his gang. They are never going to actually invest in us but rather use ST money, loans and whatever else to keep us ticking along. Under King we wont win a title of that I'm utterly convinced.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

That's what Green did.  Evidence of what's been happening at Auchenhowie is exactly the opposite at what your anticipating.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That's the problem with King and his gang. They are never going to actually invest in us but rather use ST money, loans and whatever else to keep us ticking along. Under King we wont win a title of that I'm utterly convinced.

The fact he said that "second is acceptable" said it all to be honest......

he's fucked it all up, came in with all his bravado and bullshit then hit a stalemate with Ashley and will sit out the 7 year retail deal while the tarriers run riot with CL money season after season.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

sorry, what evidence and whats happening at auchenhowie?

Jeezus.  Instead of looking at ways to demonize the board go and look eh?

Green and co stripped out all these "departments" you mention, including scouting and a fair chunk of the structure at Auchenhowie.  The club has (and still is) going through a process of rebuilding it.  

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

Jeezus.  Instead of looking at ways to demonize the board go and look eh?

Green and co stripped out all these "departments" you mention, including scouting and a fair chunk of the structure at Auchenhowie.  The club has (and still is) going through a process of rebuilding it.  

no, but whats the evidence of this rebuilding?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

By releasing three players who are now too old for Development league football? :hmmm:

didn't we just release a keeper so we could bring loans in? 3 youth released now, there will be more and i expect alongside that the intake will be cut or partly closed off.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

didn't we just release a keeper so we could bring loans in? 3 youth released now, there will be more and i expect alongside that the intake will be cut or partly closed off.

No. We extended Liam Kelly and Kieran Wright's loan deals. We still have another 3 in and around the U20 & U17 squads. 

The intake will likely be partly be closed off but only because the Scottish FA's Project Brave wants to massively reduce the number of players in the club academy system and stop 'top' clubs stockpiling young players.

Just now, Chineseboy said:

Honestly shocked at Walsh leaving. Think he's a great player. Pisses me off when we let a player like this go and bring in fucking loans for half a season. 

He was struggling for game time at St. Mirren and never really set the world alight at Dumbarton or Stenhousemuir so I'm not too surprised that MW has decided he's not good enough for Rangers. 

It pisses you off when we let a forward go that wasn't going to get into the first team and bring in two loans who will improve the first team?

17 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's about time they shut it down completely and admit they are useless at developing youth. They keep bringing in the wrong players that's why they release so many.

Rangers never have been a developing club and when you look at any successful competitive clubs in the world they buy and for Rangers to win the SPL they will have to buy. There has been some clubs at present who developed youth such as Southampton, but even they have to spend to survive in the EPL. I have watched Rangers from the 1960 era until now and only a few have came through each decade and they were good/exceptional players.

7 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Did we get any cash for them or did they get frees?

Frees. Roberts has already signed up at Raith until the end of the season and it looks like the club are giving the other two a chance to sort something out before officially announcing they've left. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Frees. Roberts has already signed up at Raith until the end of the season and it looks like the club are giving the other two a chance to sort something out before officially announcing they've left. 

What's the point of trying to bring young talent on if we're just going to let them go on frees and not try to recoup any money.

I wonder why I bother supporting Rangers sometimes, then I look at the rest of the shite in the league and I know why.

7 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

What's the point of trying to bring young talent on if we're just going to let them go on frees and not try to recoup any money.

I wonder why I bother supporting Rangers sometimes, then I look at the rest of the shite in the league and I know why.

We have, and continue to, try bring players through and given a lot that's went on over the last decade it's not a big surprise there's not much came through that we could sell at profit. With the boys that have been let go like Roberts etc there gets to a point where all three will be going on a free in 6 months anyway when their contracts expire as they are at an age now where they need to be at a level to contribute to the first team (or he likely to in the near future like Hardie & Thonpson) or it just becomes pointless to keep them. They won't play for the U20 as that will block the path of players like Rudden and will simply take a wage for 6 months to go through the motions at training.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We have, and continue to, try bring players through and given a lot that's went on over the last decade it's not a big surprise there's not much came through that we could sell at profit. With the boys that have been let go like Roberts etc there gets to a point where all three will be going on a free in 6 months anyway when their contracts expire as they are at an age now where they need to be at a level to contribute to the first team (or he likely to in the near future like Hardie & Thonpson) or it just becomes pointless to keep them. They won't play for the U20 as that will block the path of players like Rudden and will simply take a wage for 6 months to go through the motions at training.

True but still depressing.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He was struggling for game time at St. Mirren and never really set the world alight at Dumbarton or Stenhousemuir so I'm not too surprised that MW has decided he's not good enough for Rangers. 

It pisses you off when we let a forward go that wasn't going to get into the first team and bring in two loans who will improve the first team?

The problem with loans is that they are gone soon enough. I want to see young lads breaking into the first team, and I feel that Walsh hasn't been given a chance. Wasn't McKay not that highly thought of at Raith Rovers for a while? I have been a huge fan of McKay and Walsh for a few years now, and I would have loved to see them both play together in the same team. Anyway, good luck to all the young guys, but I fully expect Walsh to make it big in the game if he is spotted by the right person.