Walsh/Sinnamon/Roberts all leave.

pcbear

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to them in the future ..... think they will all progress and make a decent career for themselves ..... not at The Rangers unfortunately.

One thing is coming across to me though ......  that we are not shy in releasing young/youngish players that the powers that be see no future for at The Club .... it makes sense as it opens the door for others to move in to replace them ... in the hope some of them manage to make the first team.

Then you have the recent signing of a lad who seemingly has dubious talent, and this act throws any logic right out the window ... it really is ... "a funny old game" to quote Greavsie ..... :confused: 

:UK:

1 hour ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Makes sense,   all in their 20s now and not really kicked on, all had chances in loan too.

Best of luck to them.

Really hope this academy can start producing soon.

If they can't push for a slot with our first team, they just can't be up to much.

I wish them every success for the future, and hope that their time at Rangers equips them to go on and enjoy a good career in football.

At some point in the reasonably near future I think there may need to be a bit more transparency and clarity about exactly what will be judged as success for the academy.    Maybe its already published somewhere.   For example the whole set up cost and annual running cost of the academy will be considered to be successful if 'y' players make it through to become first team regulars in 'z' years and / or are transferred on and raise 'A'£M over a 'T' period of time.    Some sort of tangible measureable target for success is needed otherwise there is a risk of becoming an academy from which other clubs benefit but from which we see too little tangible benefit.

All the good words spoken by Warburton and Murty about the academy will need to be backed up by solid evidence of enough players being produced that are good enough to be Rangers 1st team players.   

For all Warburton bangs on about youth, no one has even gotten near the first team from the academy. 

And before people say 'academy players weren't good enough' neither were the ones Warburton has brought into the development team

6 minutes ago, WGOH said:

For all Warburton bangs on about youth, no one has even gotten near the first team from the academy. 

And before people say 'academy players weren't good enough' neither were the ones Warburton has brought into the development team

Aye these 15 year olds brought in last year should be 21 and read by now. 

7 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Very good point.will never know how good these players are if never selected. good luck to them.

Its a shame as it looked like at the start of his Rangers career, Warburton was going to play Walsh regularly. Although I guess the same could have been said for Templeton. Its a shame but probably for the best. Was Roberts not out on loan at Raith? I wonder if he will just sign for them permanently. (or for good)

47 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I wish them every success for the future, and hope that their time at Rangers equips them to go on and enjoy a good career in football.

At some point in the reasonably near future I think there may need to be a bit more transparency and clarity about exactly what will be judged as success for the academy.    Maybe its already published somewhere.   For example the whole set up cost and annual running cost of the academy will be considered to be successful if 'y' players make it through to become first team regulars in 'z' years and / or are transferred on and raise 'A'£M over a 'T' period of time.    Some sort of tangible measureable target for success is needed otherwise there is a risk of becoming an academy from which other clubs benefit but from which we see too little tangible benefit.

All the good words spoken by Warburton and Murty about the academy will need to be backed up by solid evidence of enough players being produced that are good enough to be Rangers 1st team players.   

Do any clubs academy really work? ie- bringing players through to the first team then staying there and continuing to improve resulting in a hefty transfer fee for the club once he has been sought after by the big boys.

Southampton had a little conveyor belt of talent for a few seasons but that seems to have dried up, Hibs had a decent batch all come through at the same time a while ago, earning them a tidy sum (In Scottish football terms)

I reckon a lot of it is down to luck Man United had Beckham,Scholes,the Nevilles, and Nicky Butt all at exactly the same time but it has never happened since, Chelsea seem to swoop on every talented kid collecting them wholesale resulting in near 40 players out on loan all over the globe, and the last player to come through and become a first team regular was John Terry ffs and he is near done now, no way they are going to risk a kid when they came fire 10-20-30m at the finished article.

Is it worth all the time and effort and costs when we could cherrypick the cream of the other teams kids for next to no money at all?

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

Develop

Loan out

Release

Repeat

The youth systems broken and will never be fixed it's a big waste of money that produces nothing. It's sad to say but we will still end up buying the best youths from other Scottish clubs.

The sad thing is when we do produce a exceptionally talented player, we will probably see him for a season or two at most before he is sold to a premiership team, so while the club will benifit from the income, we as fans won't reap the rewards of seeing that talent in a Rangers jersey for a long spell.

17 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Do any clubs academy really work? ie- bringing players through to the first team then staying there and continuing to improve resulting in a hefty transfer fee for the club once he has been sought after by the big boys.

Southampton had a little conveyor belt of talent for a few seasons but that seems to have dried up, Hibs had a decent batch all come through at the same time a while ago, earning them a tidy sum (In Scottish football terms)

I reckon a lot of it is down to luck Man United had Beckham,Scholes,the Nevilles, and Nicky Butt all at exactly the same time but it has never happened since, Chelsea seem to swoop on every talented kid collecting them wholesale resulting in near 40 players out on loan all over the globe, and the last player to come through and become a first team regular was John Terry ffs and he is near done now, no way they are going to risk a kid when they came fire 10-20-30m at the finished article.

Is it worth all the time and effort and costs when we could cherrypick the cream of the other teams kids for next to no money at all?

That's why I think it would be useful to have clear objective measurable success targets.   Because if its just being done because its the 'done' thing to have academies then that would be an expensive experiment when the money might perhaps be put to wiser use.    The belief at Ibrox under Warburton and Murty and supported by the Board is clearly that operating an academy will eventually pay dividends.  Which is fair enough so long as there are clear success measures bounded in time.   

This may be too ambitious but for me we should be expecting to see 2 development team players being regular first team squad members from the start of next season.  Say Jordan Thompson and one other. 

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

That's why I think it would be useful to have clear objective measurable success targets.   Because if its just being done because its the 'done' thing to have academies then that would be an expensive experiment when the money might perhaps be put to wiser use.    The belief at Ibrox under Warburton and Murty and supported by the Board is clearly that operating an academy will eventually pay dividends.  Which is fair enough so long as there are clear success measures bounded in time.   

This may be too ambitious but for me we should be expecting to see 2 development team players being regular first team squad members from the start of next season.  Say Jordan Thompson and one other. 

Not a chance.