Barry Ferguson on Smith and Rangers and spending

Smile

You know what.  On one hand id give king n co the benefit of the doubt as they walked in and it seems its much much worse than they thought.  And yes we do have our club back and seems to be getting in some sort of order. But what they have produced is nowhere near what is expected and required for the greatest club in the world. He promised he WOULD find investment aswel. Still waiting. He promised he would get us back on stock exchange aswel. Still waiting.  Now im still on the fence with him.  We have a club1872 who would bring a fans voice to the club. But seems no matter what lack of activity they dont have the balls to hold board accountable. Convenient now the feet are under the table. No transparency whatsoever.  Not a dig at D'Art btw. You know the ones im talking about. Cant bear those nappy sniffers doing 10. 

As for ferguson. Lost all respect for him when he paid money to bheast fc for a season ticket for an in law

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Skelf said:

You know what.  On one hand id give king n co the benefit of the doubt as they walked in and it seems its much much worse than they thought.  And yes we do have our club back and seems to be getting in some sort of order. But what they have produced is nowhere near what is expected and required for the greatest club in the world. He promised he WOULD find investment aswel. Still waiting. He promised he would get us back on stock exchange aswel. Still waiting.  Now im still on the fence with him.  We have a club1872 who would bring a fans voice to the club. But seems no matter what lack of activity they dont have the balls to hold board accountable. Convenient now the feet are under the table. No transparency whatsoever.  Not a dig at D'Art btw. You know the ones im talking about. Cant bear those nappy sniffers doing 10. 

As for ferguson. Lost all respect for him when he paid money to bheast fc for a season ticket for an in law

This is the post of 2017 and sums up my feelings well - even including the part about us being better off under King than we ever were under the rest but it's not really saying much either.

King has done nothing that he's promised ... forget the investment .. where's the nomad, the stadium clean up etc? he's a lying cunt.

23 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Dermott Desmond does it well across the city, then again he put someone in charge who is competent whereas King stuck us with Mini. 

It's a fair point ... I always get the impression that DD is a dyed in the wool tim and so doesn't really need to be here but perhaps that's not the case 

MW's response to Walter today:

Warbs said: “In the current market you can’t afford to go and buy your way out of trouble, spending money you haven’t got. “We’ve got to be very prudent in what we do going forward.”

Former boss Smith fears Gers will be left trailing if chairman Dave King doesn’t shell out to bridge the gap. But Warburton has warned against any repeat of the years of financial mismanagement that drove the club to the brink of the abyss — even if that means his own transfer dealings are limited. He said: “Please don’t put this as me against Walter. Far from it. I’ve enormous respect for Walter and he’s a great help to me. “But my personal opinion is that, from where this club has been, it’s important it builds strong, solid financial foundations. “If that means there is a bit of frustration, I think that the vast majority of fans understand that.

“From where the club has been, and where it needs to get back to, it needs to be done in a very prudent and astute manner. “People use the word reckless. I’m not being sarcastic, but that’s the term you could use. The club was in a very perilous position. “The chairman has come in with the board and steadied the ship and the club has moved forward.

“I just think that, after the experiences of the last four or five years, they’ve got to move forward on strong financial foundations and move at a pace that is appropriate for the club. “We can’t be impacted by events or performances away from us. We have to look at Rangers. “I’m not disagreeing with Walter. I have enormous respect for Walter. “Everyone has an opinion in football. That’s why everyone loves the game.

“But that’s my own personal opinion, that we have to be very prudent, very astute in what we do in the coming months.”

You can't spend money you havnt got. If the incumbent board do not have the necessary finance to take us forward then they should step aside and give someone else a shot. Our club needs to find investors who have what it takes and we can only spend what's necessary once we are in a position to do it.

As for Barry Ferguson. You can say this and that about him if you will. The guys a Rangers legend. I don't give a fuck if he's writing for the daily scummy record. We have ex Ranger players who constantly fucking have a dig at us (Butcher), a Rangers player who played for them  (Miller), loads of ex players who are incapable of sticking up for us. The problem is too many fans are not weighing up what the player done for us against what has pissed us off. Sorry but Fergusons legacy is more than that.

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Warbs said: “In the current market you can’t afford to go and buy your way out of trouble, spending money you haven’t got. “We’ve got to be very prudent in what we do going forward.”

Former boss Smith fears Gers will be left trailing if chairman Dave King doesn’t shell out to bridge the gap. But Warburton has warned against any repeat of the years of financial mismanagement that drove the club to the brink of the abyss — even if that means his own transfer dealings are limited. He said: “Please don’t put this as me against Walter. Far from it. I’ve enormous respect for Walter and he’s a great help to me. “But my personal opinion is that, from where this club has been, it’s important it builds strong, solid financial foundations. “If that means there is a bit of frustration, I think that the vast majority of fans understand that.

“From where the club has been, and where it needs to get back to, it needs to be done in a very prudent and astute manner. “People use the word reckless. I’m not being sarcastic, but that’s the term you could use. The club was in a very perilous position. “The chairman has come in with the board and steadied the ship and the club has moved forward.

“I just think that, after the experiences of the last four or five years, they’ve got to move forward on strong financial foundations and move at a pace that is appropriate for the club. “We can’t be impacted by events or performances away from us. We have to look at Rangers. “I’m not disagreeing with Walter. I have enormous respect for Walter. “Everyone has an opinion in football. That’s why everyone loves the game.

“But that’s my own personal opinion, that we have to be very prudent, very astute in what we do in the coming months.”

Warburton seems content and that's upto him - it's his reputation having to buy sub standard shite so he has to take any criticism that comes his way when it goes wrong 

26 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

You can't spend money you havnt got. If the incumbent board do not have the necessary finance to take us forward then they should step aside and give someone else a shot. Our club needs to find investors who have what it takes and we can only spend what's necessary once we are in a position to do it.

As for Barry Ferguson. You can say this and that about him if you will. The guys a Rangers legend. I don't give a fuck if he's writing for the daily scummy record. We have ex Ranger players who constantly fucking have a dig at us (Butcher), a Rangers player who played for them  (Miller), loads of ex players who are incapable of sticking up for us. The problem is too many fans are not weighing up what the player done for us against what has pissed us off. Sorry but Fergusons legacy is more than that.

Stopped reading after "you can't spend what you've not go"

On 13/01/2017 at 11:18 AM, The Godfather said:

"In total, something like £20million has already been ploughed in by the new regime so it’s not as if they haven’t put their hands in their pockets."

Has it Barry, want to give us a breakdown on that and how much of that was ST money?

Why is it always "cash injections" and "money ploughed in" in these columns

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Stopped reading after "you can't spend what you've not go"

The point I was making was that the major shareholders don't have what's needed. They should be big enough to admit that and should be looking to encourage other interested parties to make an offer for our club.

17 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I'm surprised Warburton can breath, with his head stuck so far up king's erse.

Firstly, it's not MW's money to spend freely' as king has to sanction it and secondly he is no more than an appeasing clueless boys club coach who now gives me the boke with his every passing sentence.

We are going nowhere with the shameless one and his newest of pet poodles, who is beginning to make Delia look like Pep G, with the shite he comes out with.

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Warburton seems content and that's upto him - it's his reputation having to buy sub standard shite so he has to take any criticism that comes his way when it goes wrong 

Just shows what a spineless and clueless man he is, being as unprincipled as king himself and that's saying something.

We are on the road to nowhere. 

King came in and steadied a sinking ship. The good ship Rangers might not be taking on water any more, but it is still stuck in the doldrums and going nowhere without a big financial push.

King hasn't delivered - but the club is still suffering a severe hangover from 3yrs of boardroom turmoil off the park, and a mild hangover resulting from McCoists tenure on the park (we are still maybe 2yrs behind where we should be on the park).

The club needs a cash injection, but.... it needs to be sustainable. We need to sort out all the crap with SD and what.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We will be 4/5 years behind where we should be on the park should King continue to lie and not invest in the squad 

Things can turn around quickly on the playing side so long as we are generating comparable figures to Celtic.

Look at Advocaat > O'Neill or Strachan > Smith

Continuing on this low spend path, the foundations should have been laid in 2012/13, not 2015/16 when we basically had to start again, and reboot the club at all levels of playing and coaching.

Of course a sizable cash injection can accelerate things.

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

King came in and steadied a sinking ship. The good ship Rangers might not be taking on water any more, but it is still stuck in the doldrums and going nowhere without a big financial push.

King hasn't delivered - but the club is still suffering a severe hangover from 3yrs of boardroom turmoil off the park, and a mild hangover resulting from McCoists tenure on the park (we are still maybe 2yrs behind where we should be on the park).

The club needs a cash injection, but.... it needs to be sustainable. We need to sort out all the crap with SD and what.

I think that's a fair summary as to where we are as a club and why.

The only thing I would add is the kind of rhetoric coming from King and the board in terms of promises of funding from King personally and all the going for 55 stuff when selling season tickets and then the subsequent u turn that the target was a European place left a lot of fans frustrated,angry and that cannot be laid at the door of previous regimes,Ashley,etc.

18 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Sometimes with Warburton what he appears to be trying to say can be left to some interpretation, or for gaps to be filled in.  He's a clever chappy is Warburton although I remain unconvinced that he has the managerial and leadership wherewithal and experience to deliver Rangers back to the top.   Where the Club is now (financially) and where it is going (very slowly) may suit Warburton as territory to cut some more of his football managerial teeth, build a bit of experience at a big but financially impoverished club, maybe a bit of a reputation and then move on to a club which has way more money to spend on building a bright future.  

So....to his statement.   

We all know where the Club has been.  We know this far better than Warburton.  We had to endure the pain the Support. He did not.   No-one is disputing the context that from where we've been to where we need to get to is a difficult journey.

'Prudent and astute'.    Who can argue with that eh?     Here's the thing though.    A person with £10 to spend on key essentials certainly has to make very careful choices on what is bought.  Obtaining best value for the £ is vital as there is no room for error or wastage or 'take a chance' purchases.    Somebody with £1M to spend has a far bigger range of choices he can make, with a whole lot more room for experimental purchases which might or might not add value.   King and Warburton are in the £10 bracket in football terms so on the one hand the emphasis on the need for prudence and for being astute are entirely understandable drivers.  It would be a very different if King and the Board has generated a whole lot more money for the Club (King's pre-takeover promises of lots of £Ms come immediately to mind, and just how much hard innovative effort has the Board expended in seeking to attract more investment?)    Has Warburton spent is equivalent of a tenner from King well?   In my view he has not.

'....steadied the ship and the club has moved forward'.    It's hardly full steam ahead though is it?    Financially chugging along, keeping afloat, unable to cope as we should in games which were winnable and nowhere near the sort of performance needed for OF games, sailing in financially safe(ish) waters but not able to obtain a crew or adapt the vessel to generate the sort of skill, power, effort and momentum of a football machine needed to get back to the top anytime soon.   IMO moving forward at the sort of rate of financial knots being produced by King and at the rate of football results knots being produced by Warburton is not the same as making the sort of progress needed at Rangers, or expected by the Support.   

But interestingly he says he is not disagreeing with Walter.     So reading between the lines (maybe wrongly but then again maybe correctly) what Warburton may be saying is that with King at the helm the football boiler can only be stoked with meagre financial investment.  And in foreseeable seasons ahead the course for the Club is slow football progress underpinned by finances that depend massively on high volume ST sales and continued soft loans just to keep afloat.........and eventually, perhaps, maybe, one day far far away, the good ship Rangers will find its way back to a league title.     King would not necessarily have surrendered Rangers' high standards of football expectations as such, but under a 'just moving forward' course he would have overseen quite a retreat to effectively join the pack of those chasing second for a long time to come.

Warburton's statement leaves the door open to the question of would the rate of financial progress -  the ability to shift out of spending the equivalent of a football tenner to spending £Ms - bring about a very different emphasis on the messaging about getting back to the top if the Club had investors or an owner who found ways to inject a whole lot more money into the boiler room.   To a degree all Warburton is highlighting is we are where we are and its that course for the foreseeable future.  He is setting Supporter expectations - another way of transmitting his 'patience' message.  But that's not to say things could be very much improved if there was a change of ownership.  Question is though - is there any realistic prospect of more substantial investment or of a change of ownership?    At present that does not appear to be likely anytime soon.

King and Warburton need to be a whole lot more focussed on getting to 55 asap and finding the financial means to do so.

19 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Sometimes with Warburton what he appears to be trying to say can be left to some interpretation, or for gaps to be filled in.  He's a clever chappy is Warburton although I remain unconvinced that he has the managerial and leadership wherewithal and experience to deliver Rangers back to the top.   Where the Club is now (financially) and where it is going (very slowly) may suit Warburton as territory to cut some more of his football managerial teeth, build a bit of experience at a big but financially impoverished club, maybe a bit of a reputation and then move on to a club which has way more money to spend on building a bright future.  

So....to his statement.   

We all know where the Club has been.  We know this far better than Warburton.  We had to endure the pain the Support. He did not.   No-one is disputing the context that from where we've been to where we need to get to is a difficult journey.

'Prudent and astute'.    Who can argue with that eh?     Here's the thing though.    A person with £10 to spend on key essentials certainly has to make very careful choices on what is bought.  Obtaining best value for the £ is vital as there is no room for error or wastage or 'take a chance' purchases.    Somebody with £1M to spend has a far bigger range of choices he can make, with a whole lot more room for experimental purchases which might or might not add value.   King and Warburton are in the £10 bracket in football terms so on the one hand the emphasis on the need for prudence and for being astute are entirely understandable drivers.  It would be a very different if King and the Board has generated a whole lot more money for the Club (King's pre-takeover promises of lots of £Ms come immediately to mind, and just how much hard innovative effort has the Board expended in seeking to attract more investment?)    Has Warburton spent is equivalent of a tenner from King well?   In my view he has not.

'....steadied the ship and the club has moved forward'.    It's hardly full steam ahead though is it?    Financially chugging along, keeping afloat, unable to cope as we should in games which were winnable and nowhere near the sort of performance needed for OF games, sailing in financially safe(ish) waters but not able to obtain a crew or adapt the vessel to generate the sort of skill, power, effort and momentum of a football machine needed to get back to the top anytime soon.   IMO moving forward at the sort of rate of financial knots being produced by King and at the rate of football results knots being produced by Warburton is not the same as making the sort of progress needed at Rangers, or expected by the Support.   

But interestingly he says he is not disagreeing with Walter.     So reading between the lines (maybe wrongly but then again maybe correctly) what Warburton may be saying is that with King at the helm the football boiler can only be stoked with meagre financial investment.  And in foreseeable seasons ahead the course for the Club is slow football progress underpinned by finances that depend massively on high volume ST sales and continued soft loans just to keep afloat.........and eventually, perhaps, maybe, one day far far away, the good ship Rangers will find its way back to a league title.     King would not necessarily have surrendered Rangers' high standards of football expectations as such, but under a 'just moving forward' course he would have overseen quite a retreat to effectively join the pack of those chasing second for a long time to come.

Warburton's statement leaves the door open to the question of would the rate of financial progress -  the ability to shift out of spending the equivalent of a football tenner to spending £Ms - bring about a very different emphasis on the messaging about getting back to the top if the Club had investors or an owner who found ways to inject a whole lot more money into the boiler room.   To a degree all Warburton is highlighting is we are where we are and its that course for the foreseeable future.  He is setting Supporter expectations - another way of transmitting his 'patience' message.  But that's not to say things could be very much improved if there was a change of ownership.  Question is though - is there any realistic prospect of more substantial investment or of a change of ownership?    At present that does not appear to be likely anytime soon.

King and Warburton need to be a whole lot more focussed on getting to 55 asap and finding the financial means to do so.

Cutting through the shite, we are going nowhere with king and warburton and he is now as spineless and shameless as his master, king!

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:04 PM, gj923 said:

They have not spent a single fucking penny Barry.....not one.

Some of them have lent money which has a due date on it whilst others will wait for it back.

They may change it for shares which you can guarantee will be heavily discounted and result in a decent profit for them in a few years.

The money that has been spent is season ticket money(the majority of it).

This 100%