McGregor

Bocanegra

Whittaker

Broadfoot

Papac

Edu

Davis

Jelavic

Now we have nobody and there are many problems under Warburton but this is one that I think has been overlooked on here since the start of the season. We have far too many players in our team that are nowhere near hitting their best form career wise and we've been paying the price since the opening day.

All in all it's just another reason why the manager should get his jotters.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Really guys like Halliday, Garner, Wallace, Tav should be there or there abouts in terms of prime given their age...maybe this is their prime though and that's what's so frightening 

Wallace and Garner for the positions they play should be in their prime realistically.

Still pish though :megaanguish:

McGregor     500k

Bocanegra     2.5 M 

Whittaker     750k

Broadfoot     325K

Papac         2.0M

Edu           2.0M

Davis         6.0M

Jelavic       4.9m

A combined total transfer value of around 19M --- this board won't spend 19 pence and therein lies the problem.  

There may be an element of the morning after the night before in this but................for a Rangers team playing in the top flight of Scottish football (ie not counting the recent seasons in lower divs under McCoist and McDowell) I wonder if the team under Warburton's management this season could be justifiably labelled the worst Rangers team in living memory.   

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

McGregor     500k

Bocanegra     2.5 M 

Whittaker     750k

Broadfoot     325K

Papac         2.0M

Edu           2.0M

Davis         6.0M

Jelavic       4.9m

A combined total transfer value of around 19M --- this board won't spend 19 pence and therein lies the problem.  

agree with what your saying but the transfer fees are way out.

4 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

McGregor     500k

Bocanegra     2.5 M 

Whittaker     750k

Broadfoot     325K

Papac         2.0M

Edu           2.0M

Davis         6.0M

Jelavic       4.9m

The crazy thing is IMO is that if we were to sign those players today, in this current transfer market we live in it would cost a heck of a lot more than those prices. Our quality has diminished and the price for poor, average, good and great players have gone through the roof sadly.

The reality is that IMO it'll be a long long time before we are able to buy a ready made player at their peak. We will be looking at youths life Dodoo, veterans like Hill and loans from England certainly in the immediate future.

Wes, Hill, Miller, McKay are good enough. Wallace and Tav are the types of player who will improve when they're in a better more solid side. Aside from that, we need to improve. Hyndman makes a massive difference in midfield and Windass looks like he could be a player at some point. Put some quality players in the really weak positions and we win games like last night. Trouble is that whenever the manager has had time and money he has failed to address the issues.

11 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

There may be an element of the morning after the night before in this but................for a Rangers team playing in the top flight of Scottish football (ie not counting the recent seasons in lower divs under McCoist and McDowell) I wonder if the team under Warburton's management this season could be justifiably labelled the worst Rangers team in living memory.   

Someone said to me recently that this team were as bad as the team of the early 80's, when we were finishing 3rd/4th etc.  my reply was that they are far worse because aberdeen and utd both had really good teams back then, even hearts were decent, but now they are all shite and we are getting beaten quite easily by them, I don't think that there can be any argument about this being the worst Rangers team ever, however it's not really their fault as no matter how hard they may try (or not try ie: last night) it's just that they are very average football players who would never have gotten to pull on the jersey but for our recent circumstances.

18 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

McGregor     500k

Bocanegra     2.5 M 

Whittaker     750k

Broadfoot     325K

Papac         2.0M

Edu           2.0M

Davis         6.0M

Jelavic       4.9m

McGregor came through Murray Park

Bocanegra was 500k

Whittaker was £2m

Broadfoot was a free transfer

Papac was about 600k

Edu was roughly 2m

Davis was 3m

Jelavic was 4m 

4 hours ago, miracle said:

Bocanegra was 500k

Whittaker was £2m

Papac was about 600k

Edu was roughly 2m

Davis was 3m

Jelavic was 4m 

WTF - you obviously have more time to google than I do and you completely missed the point which is we can no longer afford these types of players.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

WTF - you obviously have more time to google than I do and you completely missed the point which is we can no longer afford these types of players.

We spent 500k on Moh when that could have went on a papac / bocanegra type of signing from Europe. Outwith the major leagues the salaries are comparable or even lower than us. I agree we could not have spent 2 and 4m on players.....but what could 1.5 on garner have been used for instead if it was not spent in the English market.

16 hours ago, miracle said:

Bocanegra was 500k

Whittaker was £2m

Papac was about 600k

Edu was roughly 2m

Davis was 3m

Jelavic was 4m 

His figures were off, but the point was correct IMO.