Heart Attack

cushynumber

A new Rangersmedia home page article:

Analysing any defeat always has the benefit of hindsight: “we should have done this"; "we should have played him.”  These proposed changes are  easy to make once the game has run its course. It also has the added benefit that any suggestions made post match can never be wrong.....

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/news/index.php/news/matches/league/188-heart-attack

You can't argue withany of that, but I'm sure Mark would. He has never quite grasped the fact that entertainment is not THE priority for the bears ,Winning, battling for the cause and never knowing when you're beaten come way before his naive expansive footballing philosophy. 

The Hearts that we player in November, isn't the same Hearts that we played on Wednesday. They had a bunch of new players, and a new coaching team. Cathro must have given a rousing team talk at half time, because they came out all guns blazing, and we took off our best player.

I don't know whatever the question is, but the answer doesn't appear to be Warburton anymore.

The only philosophy MW has introduced at Rangers is having a brass neck. The brass neck to bring shit players in when better are available, the brass neck to play them even when they keep making the same mistakes, the brass neck to defend his laughable tactics and line ups, the brass neck to suggest that a possible 30 plus point difference to them is improvement.

The board is no different they have the brass neck to tell the fans it's all you have to look forward to and have the brass neck to support this laughable manager. 

The only new philosophy at Ibrox is called "Brass Necking It".

6 hours ago, ianferguson said:

You can't argue withany of that, but I'm sure Mark would. He has never quite grasped the fact that entertainment is not THE priority for the bears ,Winning, battling for the cause and never knowing when you're beaten come way before his naive expansive footballing philosophy. 

I don't care about being entertained just winning. Yes, I'd prefer it to be 'sexy' football but if we get three points I don't care 

So tell me,  if winning is the priority over everything else why then do we constantly have people complaining after we grind out a win "aye we won,  but the quality is pish"  is the usual cry. 

To achieve anything winning is the priority,  and over the last few years the style of our performance was horrible... But for the most part we were grinding out results albeit against significantly lower ranked clubs.  

All through the lower league journey we adopted a route 1 approach and we criticised the management,  screaming that we should be playing expansive football. We got that last year and everyone was creaming themselves about it.  This year we have,  for the most part,  attempted to replicate that with various levels of success now we are shouting about playing a direct style of football.

This year was always going to be difficult and very likely disappointing,  any fan that believed otherwise was deluding themselves,  our goal was second and Europe and maybe a cup.

I get that some don't think this is the Rangers way of old but we are in this situation simply because of the lack of proper investment in the playing staff,  that lies with the board.  The recruitment team and the management can only work with the tools their given.

25 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

The only philosophy MW has introduced at Rangers is having a brass neck. The brass neck to bring shit players in when better are available, the brass neck to play them even when they keep making the same mistakes, the brass neck to defend his laughable tactics and line ups, the brass neck to suggest that a possible 30 plus point difference to them is improvement.

The board is no different they have the brass neck to tell the fans it's all you have to look forward to and have the brass neck to support this laughable manager. 

The only new philosophy at Ibrox is called "Brass Necking It".

Love this post Danger ?

Entertainment has been in short supply 

The game against Motherwell was turgid as fuck 

Can't remember last time we seen entertainment 

My kind of football is seeing crosses fired into goalmouth and seeing dramatic headers and shots on target.

Not passing the ball around to death getting nowhere but into trouble 

9 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

So tell me,  if winning is the priority over everything else why then do we constantly have people complaining after we grind out a win "aye we won,  but the quality is pish"  is the usual cry. 

To achieve anything winning is the priority,  and over the last few years the style of our performance was horrible... But for the most part we were grinding out results albeit against significantly lower ranked clubs.  

All through the lower league journey we adopted a route 1 approach and we criticised the management,  screaming that we should be playing expansive football. We got that last year and everyone was creaming themselves about it.  This year we have,  for the most part,  attempted to replicate that with various levels of success now we are shouting about playing a direct style of football.

This year was always going to be difficult and very likely disappointing,  any fan that believed otherwise was deluding themselves,  our goal was second and Europe and maybe a cup.

I get that some don't think this is the Rangers way of old but we are in this situation simply because of the lack of proper investment in the playing staff,  that lies with the board.  The recruitment team and the management can only work with the tools their given.

I have that moan too but it's cause you know that we're painting over the cracks and not actually addressing the problems. It's different to being tactual and winning the games and not having attractive football. 

Uefa cup run is a prime example. We knew our style of play and no one cared cause we were winning. We know mw doesn't like it like that and when we win with last minute etc then it's through luck, not tactics

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Entertainment has been in short supply 

The game against Motherwell was turgid as fuck 

Can't remember last time we seen entertainment 

My kind of football is seeing crosses fired into goalmouth and seeing dramatic headers and shots on target.

Not passing the ball around to death getting nowhere but into trouble 

Need to leave right backs back and left backs back and have wingers like we used to. That was when we destroyed teams. Would love to have a player like McCann again. Doesn't even need to beat the player just pings it in. Motherwell done that on Saturday and if they had a better finisher then we would have lost. There's no doubt about that for me 

3 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

Need to leave right backs back and left backs back and have wingers like we used to. That was when we destroyed teams. Would love to have a player like McCann again. Doesn't even need to beat the player just pings it in. Motherwell done that on Saturday and if they had a better finisher then we would have lost. There's no doubt about that for me 

Good shout mate .Mccann was the last player that played for us that could cross a ball with some whip on it .It's constantly the flat ball now that is easier to defend .

The beggars make that type of player a priority 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Good shout mate .Mccann was the last player that played for us that could cross a ball with some whip on it .It's constantly the flat ball now that is easier to defend .

Definitely. When I see them attacking I think 'oh fuck' when I see us attacking I know it will be win our  keeper any minute. 

29 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

I have that moan too but it's cause you know that we're painting over the cracks and not actually addressing the problems. It's different to being tactual and winning the games and not having attractive football. 

Uefa cup run is a prime example. We knew our style of play and no one cared cause we were winning. We know mw doesn't like it like that and when we win with last minute etc then it's through luck, not tactics

I agree with that 100%. 

54 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

Folk complain because the quality is pish & it's not all that entertaining.

You can have good quality without  necessarily being entertaining.

At present, we don't have much of either, apart from odd flashes when people remember they're footballers.

32 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Spot on, mate.

And the beggars would make sure that type of player gets as much ball as possible, so they have the best chance of making an impact.

We give ours (McKay) it a couple of times &, if he doesn't do something brilliant, he never sees it for another half hour, while others far less able take it on themselves to run the show.

Baffling.

55 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Spot on, mate.

And the beggars would make sure that type of player gets as much ball as possible, so they have the best chance of making an impact.

We give ours (McKay) it a couple of times &, if he doesn't do something brilliant, he never sees it for another half hour, while others far less able take it on themselves to run the show.

Baffling.

Yeah it's been a feature of our play for quite a few years .

When you think of the money AM and MW has wasted on players ,rather than find a good player with these creative skills .

The guy Armstrong that plays for them is going to be a good in for them .

He isn't finished article but he has lots of the qualities I like in a player .

Just don't understand MWs recruitment policy.It has been horrendous thus far imo. 

1 hour ago, Queen's_highway said:

Definitely. When I see them attacking I think 'oh fuck' when I see us attacking I know it will be win our  keeper any minute. 

Our style of play although well lauded is not even remotely good enough 

it doesn't get me excited in the least .

I can't remember the last time I least enjoyed watching team I love 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Our style of play although well lauded is not even remotely good enough 

it doesn't get me excited in the least .

I can't remember the last time I least enjoyed watching team I love 

This?

Under Warburton, we had a 'style' of play that was easy on the eye up until about Christmas time in the Championship.

After that we had the odd good performance, Dundee in the cup at Ibrox, but other than that it was a slog.

He brought in a new batch of players, i for one was excited to see what they would bring and hopefully see us kick on after the cup final fiasco (i told you that myself).

It's not worked and someone has to carry the can, we can bemoan the lack of funds available but we should still be doing much much better than we are at present.

The most damning thing for me is that this seasons best performers imo are McKay and Miller and both were at the club when Warburton arrived.

Hill and Fod also get pass marks.

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

This?

Under Warburton, we had a 'style' of play that was easy on the eye up until about Christmas time in the Championship.

After that we had the odd good performance, Dundee in the cup at Ibrox, but other than that it was a slog.

He brought in a new batch of players, i for one was excited to see what they would bring and hopefully see us kick on after the cup final fiasco (i told you that myself).

It's not worked and someone has to carry the can, we can bemoan the lack of funds available but we should still be doing much much better than we are at present.

The most damning thing for me is that this seasons best performers imo are McKay and Miller and both were at the club when Warburton arrived.

Hill and Fod also get pass marks.

Yeah I felt the same PG.... The cup final :anger:but it's true .

4 games that got us remembering good times

V Hivs 4-2

v Dundee in Cup 4-0

v Aberdeen 2-1 recently

v Hearts  2-0 recently   ...Is there honestly any others worth crowing about  ???  

Not good enough

Your spot on about the ok performers ,I would add Holt to that minus Halliday and the two important players being here before he came .

How sad is that .

25 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah it's been a feature of our play for quite a few years .

When you think of the money AM and MW has wasted on players ,rather than find a good player with these creative skills .

The guy Armstrong that plays for them is going to be a good in for them .

He isn't finished article but he has lots of the qualities I like in a player .

Just don't understand MWs recruitment policy.It has been horrendous thus far imo. 

All you've said above & in other replies round & about is exactly what I'm thinking.

As for a solution, well, that's another thing altogether!

Even when something appears like it might be good, such as Hyndman grabbing a couple of goals from midfield, is offset by the fact he was part of a Rangers midfield which was as much use as a chocolate fire guard in terms of shielding the defence.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

All you've said above & in other replies round & about is exactly what I'm thinking.

As for a solution, well, that's another thing altogether!

Even when something appears like it might be good, such as Hyndman grabbing a couple of goals from midfield, is offset by the fact he was part of a Rangers midfield which was as much use as a chocolate fire guard in terms of shielding the defence.

Great minds mate :lol: think alike

Hyndman is just in the door so I will  reserve judgement even on him but our midfield or lack of it the other night was pitiful .

The only solution for me HG is getting rid of MW

We are losing 6 OF games this season, possibly 5 . It will happen . Give's me no pleasure saying that but under MW  .It will happen

Get a new manager in .We may get organised and play some old fashioned attacking  football with some passion  .

We might even salvage some pride with a cup final win .

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah I felt the same PG.... The cup final :anger:but it's true .

4 games that got us remembering good times

V Hivs 4-2

v Dundee in Cup 4-0

v Aberdeen 2-1 recently

v Hearts  2-0 recently   ...Is there honestly any others worth crowing about  ???  

Not good enough

Your spot on about the ok performers ,I would add Holt to that minus Halliday and the two important players being here before he came .

How sad is that .

Holt's endevour is there but other than a lot of running i have been left dissapointed with him this season, i thought he would have improved more.

Less said about Halliday the better, although he has been brutally exposed in tge DM role and Warburton has to take some responsibility for that.

We play Ross County this weekend for the third time, a team we haven't beaten yet, if we fail again then it confirms we are not 'learning' and it can't go on any longer.