Rangers U20 @ Hibs

craigyrfc11

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Off topic and a bit petty but...... 

I assume the G means Glasgow, as in Glasgow Rangers? 

That's not our official name; why are we and only we prefaced with it?

I took that screenshot off a random scores website.  The official SPFL site has us down as our correct name - Sevco Youth.

7 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

That's all very well but saying fuck the results then expecting these boys to go into the first team where they must win every game won't work IMO. 

Need to instill a mentality of winning every game at all levels. 

All very well , but the likelihood of winning the majority of u20 games with 16 & 17 yr olds is unlikely so how do you get that winning mentality?

looks like it will be changing next season anyway with this new project theSFA are bringing out. 

Allegedly we will be going back to the old reserve league, we will have a colts team starting in the 2nd Div and there will also be an u16 team and u18 team. 

3 minutes ago, Gillete said:

All very well , but the likelihood of winning the majority of u20 games with 16 & 17 yr olds is unlikely 

looks like it will be changing next season anyway with this new project theSFA are bringing out. 

Allegedly we will be going back to the old reserve league, we will have a colts team starting in the 2nd Div and there will also be an u16 team and u18 team. 

I've heard the same bar Colts (from what I've heard it's still being discussed but is a recommendation they've not taken on board yet). I'm torn on a reserve league tbh. U20s can play 6 overage players as it is and taking that away defeats the purpose of having put U20 teams in the Challenge Cup.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I've heard the same bar Colts (from what I've heard it's still being discussed but is a recommendation they've not taken on board yet). I'm torn on a reserve league tbh. U20s can play 6 overage players as it is and taking that away defeats the purpose of having put U20 cups in the Challenge Cup.

I've been told we and them will have a colts team as of next yr. 

Other clubs can also have it if they can afford to but don't think others clubs have the budget to run a 2nd team more or less and pay the wages of that team

1 minute ago, Gillete said:

I've been told we and them will have a colts team as of next yr. 

Other clubs can also have it if they can afford to but don't think others clubs have the budget to run a 2nd team more or less and pay the wages of that team

I really hope so. I'm surprised at how hard it's been to get my hands on a copy of 'Project Brave' this sort of stuffis normally public within hours of clubs getting it,

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I really hope so. I'm surprised at how hard it's been to get my hands on a copy of 'Project Brave' this sort of stuffis normally public within hours of clubs getting it,

Clubs just received it on Monday I think mate 

I have only saw bits and bobs.  Been told they are going to be having 9 aside also before the transition to 11s for the older age groups. U11s etc playing with size 3 footballs 

not 100% but what I've been told from a good source 

2 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Clubs just received it on Monday I think mate 

I have only saw bits and bobs.  Been told they are going to be having 9 aside also before the transition to 11s for the older age groups. U11s etc playing with size 3 footballs 

not 100% but what I've been told from a good source 

They've had it a few weeks now.

That other stuff makes sense tbh. Interested to see their proposal for cutting the Elite Academy system back a bit. Going down the path used by teams like Falkirk (having a joint local Academy with other Stenhousemuir & East Stirling) should be key for some of the smaller teams with lots of local clubs

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They've had it a few weeks now.

That other stuff makes sense tbh. Interested to see their proposal for cutting the Elite Academy system back a bit. Going down the path used by teams like Falkirk (having a joint local Academy with other Stenhousemuir & East Stirling) should be key for some of the smaller teams with lots of local clubs

Don't think so

last meeting with head of academies was last Wednesday I think 

been told it's 12 teams and not the 8 that was rumoured 

8 hours ago, johanhentze said:

By the sounds of things, from posts on this thread.. The SFA, and academies are finally getting their act together? 

Sounds like it 

the proof will be in the pudding over the next few yrs though