Resigned on Monday yet Training the team on Friday

3 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

The only thing that make sense to me, and the latest Statement kind of enforces my view, is that Warburton was off in the summer and everybody appreciated that. If that wasn't the case then it becomes very confusing.

This is it. Both sides had reached an agreement to split by the looks of it. 

But then the board changed its mind on the terms of the deal when theyou saw an opportunity to get rid.

If MW and Co did resign on Monday there will be letters and it's quite straight forward. If however, it was an informal agreement then less likely anything on paper. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, chris182 said:

Agree It's a bit vague. Stab in the dark here:

the board maybe took a day or so to assess the resignation offer, offer accepted back to Agent Tuesday/Wed.

We are told that whilst club dealing with admin work, MW etc change mind and Agent contacts Board again.

Board meet Friday to consider request, decide to reject new request and release statement Friday night along these lines.

Also, the contradictory statement from MW last night results from his Agent not advising him of Board outcome prior to Board going public with statement?

(tu) I was like what when i read that part of the statement, but figured it must have been along the same lines as you have posted there. 

29 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Most tbreads and posts over the last 24 hrs have been scrutinising the board

However, on two fronts MW looks the dodgy one. Firstly, he instructs his agent to look for options. Then in yesterdays presser he categorically denies the speculation and accuses the media of mischief. Both episodes have severely dented his reputation. 

Yes, the board have stuttered around on this but they have seized on an opportunity to get rid of him with no compo and frankly i'm glad they did. This is the 3 amigos doing - no-one else. 

Stuttered would be an understatement. It's nothing short of incompetence, as the opportunism won't be missed by a tribunal, albeit they deserved sacking. This could have been done cleanly and without aggro, but that would have meant paying up front, but we all know mr mendacious doesn't do up front, just front.

As for reputations, King doesn't need much help to dent his.

There will be compo and plenty of it. Just like Barton. We never fucking learn

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Stuttered would be an understatement. It's nothing short of incompetence, as the opportunism won't be missed by a tribunal, albeit they deserved sacking. This could have been done cleanly and without aggro, but that would have meant paying up front, but we all know mr mendacious doesn't do up front, just front.

As for reputations, King doesn't need much help to dent his.

There will be compo and plenty of it. Just like Barton. We never fucking learn

It could have been clean but that would have cost £700k 

Also, he wasnt sacked and it's MW fault for guving the board the opportunity - he was running before he was pushed - im no fan of DK but this clusterfuck is more to do with MW and his agent than our board. 

This is what i mean about the club, Even after releasing two statements people are still none the wiser about what is going on.

I also don't understand this compensation problem, If the story's are correct about Forrest having to pay £1.2m in compensation, Wouldn't it be common sense to pay if true the £700k to the three of them and the club would gain £500k.

Wouldn't it also make sense to agree to let the three of them go without compensation and take the compensation from Forrest if the three of them were really wanting to go.

Allowing them to go without paying compensation to them and then agreeing to waive any fee from Forrest in my opinion is bad business.

If SKY reports are true that Warburton met with the Forrest owner then Warburton would be in breach of his contract and Forrest would be guilty of tapping our manager which is illegal, But then again maybe the board were aware Warburton was away meeting with the Forrest owner.

Here's my take on it.

Warburton's agent has made known to him that the Forrest job is there if he wants it, Warburton then makes it clear to an official that him and Weir wish to leave and the club being unhappy about our situation come to an agreement.

Bear in mind Forrest need a manager and appoint two people from their youth team short term, The Forrest owner then meets Warburton in London and tells Warburton he wants him and Weir to take over in the summer,That then gives them time to select players they want to bring to Forrest.

Warburton returns to Rangers and informs the club the move won't be happening until the summer and wants to continue until the end of the season and then he will leave, Perhaps at this time the club would have told Warburton that both party's agreed to terminate his and Weir's deal on the basis of he would be joining Forrest in the summer.

That would mean Warburton and Weir would be idle until the summer without a club and have perhaps insisted that they now stay in charge until the summer and then leave.

This is perhaps were the confusion is coming from, All party's agreed to terminate and Warburton and Weir have tried to pull a fast one by insisting they leave in the summer,Rangers have then looked at the situation and thought it would just prolong things and knowing they weren't impressed have decided the deal will stand.

Hence perhaps why Warburton is trying to save face by claiming he knows nothing about this claiming he hasn't resigned and trying to fool those not aware of any deal.

I also think the board are just as guilty of trying to pull the wool over fans eyes if indeed they have made a deal last Monday and allowing Warburton to still take training and allowing him to sit in front of the media at a press conference and lie through his teeth as if nothing was wrong and still claiming he was away speaking to a coach about a player knowing he was lying through his teeth and the board were also aware of what was going on when he was sitting in front of the media,Happy in the knowledge they knew he was lying to our support and the media.

Think we have all had enough lies over the last few years without this board and our management team doing it also.

Remember also we have only heard one side of the story and no doubt Warburton and Weir will have a totally different story to tell which will be the opposite of what our board are saying.

Really difficult to trust anyone at the club now given what they all knew and tried to hide from us and told a pack of lies. 

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

No, but he did say they had agreed to his immediate termination and during the process of preparing 'admin and media related to the resignation' they were approached and asked to defer the resignation.

That IS what I do for a living. Glad to see you think I have potential for it.

Great you confirmed he didnt say it after saying he did. You should contact the Rheb for a job. You should go far in inept journalism. Make it up and write it like a 5 year old.

19 hours ago, Drumloyal said:

Just posted this in the other thread:

This is how I see the timeline:

Monday -  meeting between Robertson and agent

Tuesday - takes the proposal to the board who discuss it

Wednesday - agreed

Thursday - forest give job to Brazil,  agent moves goalposts

Friday - MW told to take presser while it's being mulled over.  MW talks usual shite and lies.  After presser the board decide not to defer resignation. 

Plausible? 

This is my thinking but not before the board have been sounding out a caretaker boss 

5 hours ago, Young Bob said:

Great you confirmed he didnt say it after saying he did. You should contact the Rheb for a job. You should go far in inept journalism. Make it up and write it like a 5 year old.

Did I? Again, you should probably go see what the word apparently means. It's not difficult. 

Regardless of what happened it seems like Warburton acted unprofessionally in a manner not befitting of Rangers and basically tried to pull a fast one on the Club. 

Warburton did the same thing he has been doing all season, covering his own arse and putting himself and his own reputation and interests before the Club.

He talked a good game but was just another con artist. He thought the fans were gullible and made the mistake of thinking the board were gullible and desperate and it's came back to bite him on the arse.