Resigned on Monday yet Training the team on Friday

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

They were offered on monday so they decided to leave him in situ until the paperwork was drawn up and Morton was out the way.They came back yesterday and asked to hold fire and Rangers said no and just pulled the trigger. Was apparently going to be announced on monday.

So the "terminated immediately" meant as of Monday? Cool, that's an explanation I'm fairly happy with. All of which must mean that MW is one seriously unscrupulous bastard.

Yes, strange one this.

I can't say I trust King's statement about warburton using rangers as a stepping stone. I'm not saying he didn't tell King, in fact I'd be surprised if he didn't. It's King's motive I don't trust. It's a deliberate attempt to paint a negative picture and was entirely unnecessary.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

So the "terminated immediately" meant as of Monday? Cool, that's an explanation I'm fairly happy with. All of which must mean that MW is one seriously unscrupulous bastard.

You know, legally, Smith and McCoist worked for months after their contracts were officially 'terminated".

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

For that bit I'd suggest checking what the word "apparently" means.

So he didnt say it. Cheers. Thanks for the clarification that he said a lot of words that did not mean what you said. You should try and be a journalist. Jackson makes a good living out of making stuff up.

Just now, Young Bob said:

So he didnt say it. Cheers. Thanks for the clarification that he said a lot of words that did not mean what you said. You should try and be a journalist. Jackson makes a good living out of making stuff up.

No, but he did say they had agreed to his immediate termination and during the process of preparing 'admin and media related to the resignation' they were approached and asked to defer the resignation.

That IS what I do for a living. Glad to see you think I have potential for it.

7 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Yes, strange one this.

I can't say I trust King's statement about warburton using rangers as a stepping stone. I'm not saying he didn't tell King, in fact I'd be surprised if he didn't. It's King's motive I don't trust. It's a deliberate attempt to paint a negative picture and was entirely unnecessary.

Any player or Manager coming to Scotland is hoping to use it as a stepping stone to the riches of the EPL. 

It's probably used by agents and Club representatives as a selling point.

Works out for plenty as well, unfortunately most of the recent ones have been from the taigs. 

1 hour ago, Drumloyal said:

Just posted this in the other thread:

This is how I see the timeline:

Monday -  meeting between Robertson and agent

Tuesday - takes the proposal to the board who discuss it

Wednesday - agreed

Thursday - forest give job to Brazil,  agent moves goalposts

Friday - MW told to take presser while it's being mulled over.  MW talks usual shite and lies.  After presser the board decide not to defer resignation. 

Plausible? 

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Aye, the other thread has loads of chat about it. Isn't necessarily fishy at all.

I'm flip-flopping a bit on this, but let's give the board the benefit of the doubt and say nothing fishy is going on. It's definitely a badly worded statement. It's for the benefit of the fans, so should be written in a way the fans can understand. Why not say:

"It was agreed that the management team would work the remainder of the week, with a press conference to announce the termination of their contracts on Monday"

All true and everyone knows what's happening. As it is they've just opened the door for cynical cunts like me to start questioning their version of events. And if they haven't actually done anything wrong, that's just stupid.

11 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I'm flip-flopping a bit on this, but let's give the board the benefit of the doubt and say nothing fishy is going on. It's definitely a badly worded statement. It's for the benefit of the fans, so should be written in a way the fans can understand. Why not say:

"It was agreed that the management team would work the remainder of the week, with a press conference to announce the termination of their contracts on Monday"

All true and everyone knows what's happening. As it is they've just opened the door for cynical cunts like me to start questioning their version of events. And if they haven't actually done anything wrong, that's just stupid.

Possibly. It's a pretty minor issue if it is though. Well, it normally is unless you're a support on the edge at all times. This Board is under more pressure to be uber precise than most here, and it may be that most Board laziness goes relatively unquestioned elsewhere. Either way, I think all that really matters is that it's been worked out well, which it seems to have done, and that the Board has given us a the gist of how it went about.

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Im fairly certain that everyone is picking this up wrong.

The meeting on Monday was to discuss the terms.

The decision to terminate their employment was not made until last night. At the board meeting (last night) their employment was terminated with immediate effect.

Yeah, having read it again quite possibly. It leaves it less uncertain read that way as well.

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The decision to terminate their employment was not made until last night. At the board meeting (last night) their employment was terminated with immediate effect.

The agent getting back in touch was after the meeting where their employment was terminated with immediate effect. It was after this that their employment was actually terminated.

Most tbreads and posts over the last 24 hrs have been scrutinising the board

However, on two fronts MW looks the dodgy one. Firstly, he instructs his agent to look for options. Then in yesterdays presser he categorically denies the speculation and accuses the media of mischief. Both episodes have severely dented his reputation. 

Yes, the board have stuttered around on this but they have seized on an opportunity to get rid of him with no compo and frankly i'm glad they did. This is the 3 amigos doing - no-one else. 

You know, legally, Smith and McCoist worked for months after their contracts were officially 'terminated".

McCoist had a contract,Put on gardening leave and was still paid,King stated that Rangers were obliged to pay him as he had a contract,McCoist officially left when both McCoist and the club came to a financial agreement to terminate his contract.

McCoist didn't work for months with no contract.

No, but he did say they had agreed to his immediate termination and during the process of preparing 'admin and media related to the resignation' they were approached and asked to defer the resignation.

That IS what I do for a living. Glad to see you think I have potential for it.

so it was business as usual for MW until the board decided on Friday afternoon that he was offski

Just now, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

McCoist had a contract,Put on gardening leave and was still paid,King stated that Rangers were obliged to pay him as he had a contract,McCoist officially left when both McCoist and the club came to a financial agreement to terminate his contract.

McCoist didn't work for months with no contract.

Try before that. (The name Smith might be a bit of a clue as to when)

Just now, Bad Robot said:

so it was business as usual for MW until the board decided on Friday afternoon that he was offski

As far as I can gather. Forest swerved everyone by appointing Brazil until the end of the season. Nobody seems to know why they have though. One suggestion I heard was that they were hoping someone else would become available shortly and Warburton's agent simply jumped the gun thinking if they were free of Rangers they'd walk straight into the Forest job.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The Nottingham three terminated their own employment by resigning and having it accepted. The meeting last night was to pull the trigger in relation to the notice period and removing them from the club asap after they tried to come back cap in hand. Realising the fuck up in putting MW in front of the cameras at the press conference probably had a part to play in bringing the announcement forward.

Thats how I see it at least.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not exactly what King said in his statement though ...