Resigned on Monday yet Training the team on Friday

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

But maybe the point is why and what did the board have to reconsider. Where they being polite?

They were offered on monday so they decided to leave him in situ until the paperwork was drawn up and Morton was out the way.They came back yesterday and asked to hold fire and Rangers said no and just pulled the trigger. Was apparently going to be announced on monday.

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

and while we take our time we should have told them to fuck off and tend their garden, instead we let the club run along like nothing had happened

not a chance, if the board accepted the resignation early this week then warbs etc should have been out the door by tuesday morning, even if Stewart Robertson said he needed time to gather the board together, he should have told warburton etc to stay away from the club

Its not like he's unfamiliar with the concept of gardening leave.

I agree - whether it was accepted on the Monday or the Tuesday, at that point he shouldn't have been back.  I strongly wonder if we dragged our heels about accepting, probably doing the sums on potential compensation to be paid by forest versus the amount we would have to pay if we sacked him at a later point.  Forest deal falls through and we go.....eh we accepted your resignation days ago.

Watch this space for a Barton type gagged settlement.  By the very nature he has continued doing the job all week we will find it very difficult to argue he had resigned several days earlier.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Sort out the legalities and give them a little time to get someone in.

Totally speculating but I bet we were going to sack him and knew we were going to have to pay.  Next thing Forest want him and we are in the back ground thinking....we could get cash out of this....Forest pull out, MW tries to the same...we then move to shit we will need to sack him after all...no wait...you said you were going and we accepted.

We will struggle in a tribunal to say we accepted his resignation early in the week but he was doing the job on Friday.

Just now, markem said:

Totally speculating but I bet we were going to sack him and knew we were going to have to pay.  Next thing Forest want him and we are in the back ground thinking....we could get cash out of this....Forest pull out, MW tries to the same...we then move to shit we will need to sack him after all...no wait...you said you were going and we accepted.

We will struggle in a tribunal to say we accepted his resignation early in the week but he was doing the job on Friday.

There appears to have been a pause of sorts after they try and renegotiate. That's the part that Dude explained, but I still don't think we have heard everything on this.

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

and while we take our time we should have told them to fuck off and tend their garden, instead we let the club run along like nothing had happened

not a chance, if the board accepted the resignation early this week then warbs etc should have been out the door by tuesday morning, even if Stewart Robertson said he needed time to gather the board together, he should have told warburton etc to stay away from the club

That's my thoughts as well .

On the available evidence , the Board have done the right thing eventually but in no way should the management 2 and McP been anywhere near the club after intimating their intention to seek another job . We should have thanked them for their efforts and shown them the door , whilst reminding them that Rangers FC are bigger than any individual who has the good fortune to be employed by us !

The board could then have took the step of informing the support of the reasons in a properly prepared statement / press conference instead of the amateurish way it has unfolded .

One thing that sir duped got right was his immediate binning of Souness when he wanted to see out the final games of the '91 season .

Sounds more like an ultimaten he gave the board. "If you won't back me with money, then im off" King called the bluff. 

King was pretty vocal about poor signings after the Barton debacle. The part about wages not even getting game time. I can only assume he means Kranjcar. Dont think you can blame the manager too much for that.

28 minutes ago, markem said:

We were going to. A 3rd party approached asking if we'd let him go to Forest without comp. Forest never followed it up and appointed Brazil until summer. MW decided he was going anyway but if he resigned Rangers could still have a compensation claim if he ended at Forest in the Summer. Offered to go on Monday. Rangers took time to think it over and agreed. While drawing up the paperwork his agent has tried to move the goalposts and we've refused and them to the original terms.

Depending who the meeting involved and what was recorded/signed a tribunal could quite as easily back us up.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We were going to. A 3rd party approached asking if we'd let him go to Forest without comp. Forest never followed it up and appointed Brazil until summer. MW decided he was going anyway but if he resigned Rangers could still have a compensation claim if he ended at Forest in the Summer. Offered to go on Monday. Rangers took time to think it over and agreed. While drawing up the paperwork his agent has tried to move the goalposts and we've refused and them to the original terms.

Depending who the meeting involved and what was recorded/signed a tribunal could quite as easily back us up.

Dude, just to be clear, do you think it was that Warburton was off in the Summer, and that this was known to others?

58 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They were offered on monday so they decided to leave him in situ until the paperwork was drawn up and Morton was out the way.They came back yesterday and asked to hold fire and Rangers said no and just pulled the trigger. Was apparently going to be announced on monday.

King could have said thst in his statement. He didnt.

3 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

King could have said thst in his statement. He didnt.

He does. In a lot more words, but he does.

I was therefore not surprised when the management team’s agent approached the Club’s Managing Director Stewart Robertson to request a meeting which was held in Glasgow on Monday this week. The outcome of this meeting was that the agent subsequently offered that Mark, David and Frank would resign with immediate effect without compensation as long as the Club, in turn, agreed to waive compensation from any new Club that they signed for. After discussion the Board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated. In order for us to achieve our ambitions we need employees that, like your Board members, will always put Rangers first.

While we were dealing with the admin and press releases relating to the resignation the agent again contacted us and asked to defer the resignation until the management had secured a new club. I assume that the new deal had somehow collapsed at the last minute. The Board met to consider this request but resolved to hold them to the original agreement.