Resigned on Monday yet Training the team on Friday

Something clearly does not add up here. We are being told a meeting took place on Monday and 'employment was terminated' why is it that four days later MW is still training the players and taking press conferences as Rangers manager. 

I for one haven't yet made my mind up about the board but this alone to me is a very bizarre thing to initimate in the statement. In addition, if a bombshell like that was dropped why wasn't it revealed to fans earlier in the week? 

Seems we've been kept in the dark again, should we really be surprised. I'd also like to state for what it's worth I wouldn't see Mark Warburton in my way after trying to jump into bed with Forest but I cannot see David Weir, a man of his stature at our club jumping shit to a bottom rate championship club. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, rangersmad86 said:

Something clearly does not add up here. We are being told a meeting took place on Monday and 'employment was terminated' why is it that four days later MW is still training the players and taking press conferences as Rangers manager. 

I for one haven't yet made my mind up about the board but this alone to me is a very bizarre thing to initimate in the statement. In addition, if a bombshell like that was dropped why wasn't it revealed to fans earlier in the week. 

Seems we've been kept in the dark again, should we really be surprised. 

Agree It's a bit vague. Stab in the dark here:

the board maybe took a day or so to assess the resignation offer, offer accepted back to Agent Tuesday/Wed.

We are told that whilst club dealing with admin work, MW etc change mind and Agent contacts Board again.

Board meet Friday to consider request, decide to reject new request and release statement Friday night along these lines.

Also, the contradictory statement from MW last night results from his Agent not advising him of Board outcome prior to Board going public with statement?

Agent apparently tried to get them reinstated. Depending on was said, and who it was said to (my take is that the agent spoke to Stewart Robertson), it would take time to then get a board meeting. Remember, DK or SR can't make the decision themselves. It does seem like a bizarre set of circumstances!

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

the board maybe took a day or so to assess the resignation offer, offer accepted back to Agent Tuesday/Wed.

We are told that whilst club dealing with admin work, MW etc change mind and Agent contacts Board again.

Board meet Friday to consider request, decide to reject new request and release statement Friday night along these lines.

Also, the contradictory statement from MW last night results from his Agent not advising him of Board outcome prior to Board going public with statement?

That timeline could work mate, either way I think that's poor judgement on their part to include that in the statement.

11 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

I for one haven't yet made my mind up about the board but this alone to me is a very bizarre thing to initimate in the statement. In addition, if a bombshell like that was dropped why wasn't it revealed to fans earlier in the week? 

Seenms we've been kept in the dark again, should we really be surprised. I'd also like to state for what it's worth I wouldn't see Mark Warburton in my way after trying to jump into bed with Forest but I cannot see David Weir, a man of his stature at our club jumping shit to a bottom rate championship club. 

Just posted this in the other thread:

This is how I see the timeline:

Monday -  meeting between Robertson and agent

Tuesday - takes the proposal to the board who discuss it

Wednesday - agreed

Thursday - forest give job to Brazil,  agent moves goalposts

Friday - MW told to take presser while it's being mulled over.  MW talks usual shite and lies.  After presser the board decide not to defer resignation. 

Plausible? 

11 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Seems we've been kept in the dark again, should we really be surprised. I'd also like to state for what it's worth I wouldn't see Mark Warburton in my way after trying to jump into bed with Forest but I cannot see David Weir, a man of his stature at our club jumping shit to a bottom rate championship club. 

Maybe a HR person can explain but perhaps the employment being terminated immediately can also give a scope for working your notice

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

sacked and acceptijg a resignation are not the same thing

Agreed however to me it very strange that when this is said - "After discussion the Board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated." A manager is still a manager four days later. It's piss poor yet again IMO from the board. 

8 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Splitting hairs - the statement reads employment was terminated Monday.

Definitely NOT splitting hairs....Their agent offered resignation in return for a change in contract.

They resigned!

Never Forget Never Forgive

4 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Just posted this in the other thread:

This is how I see the timeline:

Monday -  meeting between Robertson and agent

Tuesday - takes the proposal to the board who discuss it

Wednesday - agreed

Thursday - forest give job to Brazil,  agent moves goalposts

Friday - MW told to take presser while it's being mulled over.  MW talks usual shite and lies.  After presser the board decide not to defer resignation. 

Plausible? 

Think it is mate, sounds about right however  - After discussion the Board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated is what the statement says.  I would have thought at that point he would have been told to stay away regardless of the counter offer.

I would also imagine that he continued to actively carry out duties right up until Friday will feature in his argument if the club is taking the stance he resigned mid-week.

Just now, terry739 said:

Definitely NOT splitting hairs....Their agent offered resignation in return for a change in contract.

They resigned!

Never Forget Never Forgive

You're missing the point. I don't give a shit whether it was resignation, sacked, bullet, p45. Either way the statement says employment terminated Monday. If that's the case he shouldn't still be training the team on Friday. 

9 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Pretty simple Monday they offerd there resignation we took some time then accepted it later

and while we take our time we should have told them to fuck off and tend their garden, instead we let the club run along like nothing had happened

not a chance, if the board accepted the resignation early this week then warbs etc should have been out the door by tuesday morning, even if Stewart Robertson said he needed time to gather the board together, he should have told warburton etc to stay away from the club

9 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Pretty simple Monday they offerd there resignation we took some time then accepted it later

That about sums it up,

" Hello is that Mr Mental Forest owner ? You've got a vacancy I here ?"

Agent " I can get us in there plenty wonga, loadsamoney"

" I'm offski, oops handbrake turn, alright Dave was only kidding. "

"What do you mean you don't want me back ? "

" But, but, but...............I had a magic hat .............."

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

and while we take our time we should have told them to fuck off and tend their garden, instead we let the club run along like nothing had happened

not a chance, if the board accepted the resignation early this week then warbs etc should have been out the door by tuesday morning, even if Stewart Robertson said he needed time to gather the board together, he should have told warburton etc to stay away from the club

Exactly my point mate I'm glad someone understands. We'll just let a cunt that wants out, continue to manage our team for four days. Useless cunts 

17 minutes ago, chris182 said:

That's exactly it.