Hilarious from the Rhag

Bruno's Manbun

Not sure if anyone clocked this story from the weekend. Daily Rhetard doing their best to get under our skin after Murty was appointed CM, by running a story on something he said 10 years ago. TEN fucking years ago :lol: 

Got to laugh.

Rangers caretaker boss Graeme Murty delight at facing Celtic due to his Hoops-daft dad

The former Scotland international was over the moon when it appeared Reading would host Gordon Strachan's side in 2008 due to his family connection with the Parkhead club.

405SHARES

BYRECORD SPORT ONLINE

09:54, 11 FEB 2017

SPORT

Graeme Murty is in temporary charge at Rangers

405SHARES

Get Daily updates directly to your inbox

+ Subscribe

Rangers caretaker Graeme Murty previously spoke of his delight about facing Celtic in his testimonial match due to his Hoops-daft dad.

The former Scotland international was over the moon when it appeared Reading would host Gordon Strachan 's side in 2008.

The testimonial match never came to fruition and he ended up facing a Reading select side in 2009.

Murty admits Celtic played a prominent role in his family growing up.

Gordon Strachan side were linked with the testimonial

He said in 2007: "It is a great honour for me for Celtic to come and play in this match.

“With my dad being a life-long fan, the club has always featured very strongly in our family.

“It’s a dream to get them down here and I’m sure the fans will love seeing one of the biggest clubs in Britain here.”

Murty will be in the Rangers dugout for the crunch fifth round Scottish Cup against Morton on Sunday.

The stories been noticed on here alright.

What I would say though is that guys playing in England when it comes to Celtic are always quick to say "Celtic were my second/boyhood team growing up" ... in that context, if he supported Celtic it would have been easy to say that back in 2007 when he was meant to be playing Celtic but he mentioned his Dad instead and not him being the boyhood fan.

If he was a Celtic fan it would have been mentioned in that article instead of saying who his Dad supported. 

You can't really help what you are born into. 

He seems from his pre and post match interviews yesterday that's he's a humble guy and honoured to step in for a couple of games. 

We've had worse than Murty actually playing for us - I'm past caring. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

The stories been noticed on here alright.

What I would say though is that guys playing in England when it comes to Celtic are always quick to say "Celtic were my second/boyhood team growing up" ... in that context, if he supported Celtic it would have been easy to say that back in 2007 when he was meant to be playing Celtic but he mentioned his Dad instead and not him being the boyhood fan.

If he was a Celtic fan it would have been mentioned in that article instead of saying who his Dad supported. 

You can't really help what you are born into. 

He seems from his pre and post match interviews yesterday that's he's a humble guy and honoured to step in for a couple of games. 

We've had worse than Murty actually playing for us - I'm past caring. 

Yeah I totally get that with regards to players down south.

Don't get me wrong I'm not adverse to Murty being in charge for a couple games, seems like a decent guy. Just can't believe the lengths this shite-pot of a newspaper will go to, to try and cause even the slightest degree of unrest. 

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

He says his dad supports them, didn't catch the bit where he said he supported them?

The record eh, wankers.

Apparently it's implied mate...tried to make the same point as you the other day but people obviously don't want to listen to logic.

1 hour ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

Apparently it's implied mate...tried to make the same point as you the other day but people obviously don't want to listen to logic.

Anything to have a go eh?

Although most of the time children will support the same team as their dad, it's not a given.

Born and growing up in England i doubt he has much of a care about them in real terms.

2 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

It's the rhecord who gives a fuck what they say about us?

They have to stir the shit about our club, keep the pot boiling so to speak so the mhanky mob and every other Rangers hater will keep buying their shitty little rhag otherwise their courageous so called journalists would be out of a fucking job, would not wipe my fucking arse with it let alone give it house room

Unreal, stop biting,  stop clicking, stop tweeting, stop sharing. 

Don't feed it,  it will die.

If I didn't read the forums I would have no idea what the shite tabloids of this country print. There will be people on here that will Google to find the story and read it. Congratulations you gave them more money.

Let's have an agreement no more stories shared from these nonsense papers 

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Anything to have a go eh?

Although most of the time children will support the same team as their dad, it's not a given.

Born and growing up in England i doubt he has much of a care about them in real terms.

The fact they were down for his teetimonial and he only mentions his dad supported them would suggest he wasn't a full on fan. 

He was full of praise for Tommy Burns when he was at Reading but, considering Walter was a pall bearer at his funeral that shouldn't be a hanging offence. 

Some are too quick to believe that the West of Scotland mindset extends into England. That leads to jumping to conclusions based on their own prejudices.