Easter Road x2

Falkirk x2

SC Final 

Piggery 

Pittodrie 

LC semi final

Ibrox v them

Tynecastle x2

We've played the manky mob twice so that's six points dropped,where's the other 21 gone?

You all know I've been slaughtering the board on here since the summer,but stop making up daft excuses for a poor football manager.

4 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Warburton is responsible for where we are this season. 

Theres not a lot we can do about Celtic this season, you can't argue with 1 draw all season in all competitions. We could have Real Madrids budget and be only 2 points ahead of them to show for it. That's the effect Rodgers has had on them. Not to fall into the 2014 'Hearts will have a rough patch' syndrome, but how good they are now won't last forever. When they come back to ground zero we need to be ready. Our budget is restricted, but not non-existent. It flat out dwarfs Aberdeen and Hearts' and to the very penny it's been squandered by Warburton and Mr Best in the Business. Simple. 

The next few years will define our clubs future. We'll either get ourselves back on top, or they'll take over us as the dominant club. One or the other, no room for mistakes. Warburtons made countless in 8 months, he had to go.

It would be 8 points IN front as we would have beaten them twice, but your spot on with your post

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Considerably closer than 27 points (although obviously not winning it).

Regardless of the ridiculous season that they are having, we probably wouldn't have won it this year anyway based on current squad etc but we should not be 27 points behind.

We have dropped points in 50% of games.

We have played St J twice, Ross County 3 times and have no wins from those 5. We've lost at Tynecastle twice. Dropped points again Hamilton at Ibrox, Kilmarnock away etc.

We have scored more than 2 goals in the league on one occasion this year. Mid Feb, 24 games in we have a goal difference of 6 and our top goalscorer in the league has 6 goals, the next highest, 3.

The budget argument doesn't stack up on that record.

That's exactly it.

As it stands I wouldn't expect any Rangers team in my lifetime to win this league.

How can you expect to topple a team that's only dropped 2-points in the league all season and we are mid Feb? you can't.

It's a remarkable feat so far - even if I hate to admit it.

Going on current form an Advocaat or Souness team worth tens of millions wouldn't do it - neither would a Smith 9 in a row team.

Like yourself, however, I do expect the 27-point gap to be considerably less. 

We have plenty work to do on our own side without them and their records.

15 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The budget argument-

Our bench at Pittodrie was Gilks,Hodson,Senderos,Kranjcar,Miller,MOH,Dodoo

I'd wager that the bench alone make more money a week than the Aberdeen squad put together..

More than the unbeatable Ross County spend staffing their entire club.

16 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

They've bought themselves some time, if the next manager is not backed with funds then there will be a serious backlash.

This is my thoughts aswell. And I think DK etc know this. Season tickets will be sold as usual this summer but if funds are not found and given to the next manager then its game over for the board simple as that. 

16 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

They've bought themselves some time, if the next manager is not backed with funds then there will be a serious backlash.

I think you have hit the nail on the head :thumbup: I am glad MW & DW are away for footballing reasons, but if we do not see a really good manager and better players in once the summer window opens then even King will have problems squirming out of that situation IMO. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Easter Road x2

Falkirk x2

SC Final 

Piggery 

Pittodrie 

LC semi final

Ibrox v them

Tynecastle x2

We've played the manky mob twice so that's six points dropped,where's the other 21 gone?

You all know I've been slaughtering the board on here since the summer,but stop making up daft excuses for a poor football manager.

Just random mate. 

No way has the board played a "blinder".

There are employment laws is this country. MW et al went to work Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs and Fri and held press conferences as if nothing had happened. We are told that MW et al contract was terminated on Monday (or sometime after that after the board had “discussions)”……

If "blinder" means getting rid of a manager that some on the board wanted to get rid of without paying compo then it is a short sighted blinder because the club has no leg to stand on – yes I am speculating – but I’m using common-sense based on the available evidence.

The bottom line is that we are a club that is running a persistent structural deficit and rely of soft loans from various parties.

We should have started to prepare for the future 4 years ago when we went down. We would have accepted that. Instead we bought Ian Black and Sandaza and the plebs lapped it up at the time….

We are four years behind schedule….

Getting in Alex McLeish of Jose fucking Mourinho isn’t going to change that we are going to have to pay MW, DW and F Mc over £1m compo in a few years once the tribunal decides. And when it does we’ll still be running with that persistent structural deficit.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

in the summer they had a manager who hadnt put a foot wrong and could be trusted. By xmas he could barely do anything right and the trust had evaporated. Circumstances change.Ill blame the board if I think they have something to be blamed for. Expecting them to be scouts as well is pushing it.

Who is mentioning scouts and what has that got to do with it. 

They are the board of a football club, are trying to tell me that they couldn't see the gamble that Barton was, that they didn't know that Krancjar had hardly kicked a ball for 2 years. Why did they approve Sendros a panic signing right at the death. 

Why did they let the manager suddenly go way off course on what was the new strategy of buying young hungry players. If they didn't agree the manager had just blown a cup final the team had been poor for over 6 months losing away game after away game to our main rivals. 

Both the rats and the board have to shoulder the blame, for the board to say it was the big bad manager fault alone is just nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's exactly it.

As it stands I wouldn't expect any Rangers team in my lifetime to win this league.

How can you expect to topple a team that's only dropped 2-points in the league all season and we are mid Feb? you can't.

It's a remarkable feat so far - even if I hate to admit it.

Going on current form an Advocaat or Souness team worth tens of millions wouldn't do it - neither would a Smith 9 in a row team.

Like yourself, however, I do expect the 27-point gap to be considerably less. 

We have plenty work to do on our own side without them and their records.

I reckon an advocaat, souness or smith team would have been in the hunt, lets not forget, this celtic team are the same celtic team ridiculed in Europe again this season. Not there fault the rest of the league are mediocre but doesn't mean with a better management team like those mentioned above they'd still be so far ahead. Their bang average IMO.

The clock is ticking for the board now. They appointed the mistake and will make the next managerial appointment to. If they don't spend serious money and back the new guy I see trouble ahead for them.

This fiasco has bought them a reprieve and that's all it's done imo. The jury is still out at the moment on them and this particular jury is getting bigger by the day. Less talk, if thats at all possible ?, and lots more action.

There was always the potential that DK would throw MW under a bus if this season didnt pan out and the heat was on -  he may well have just done that, we dont know for sure. However, ( repeat ad nauseam) thats still doesnt change the fact that he couldn't have done that if MW was clear in second, some of his signings had worked and we looked as if we were going places. We are 3rd, his signings have been rank rotten and the only place were going was backwards.

Under those circumstances, he was right to sack him.

3 minutes ago, TrueBluez1972 said:

No way has the board played a "blinder".

There are employment laws is this country. MW et al went to work Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs and Fri and held press conferences as if nothing had happened. We are told that MW et al contract was terminated on Monday (or sometime after that after the board had “discussions)”……

If "blinder" means getting rid of a manager that some on the board wanted to get rid of without paying compo then it is a short sighted blinder because the club has no leg to stand on – yes I am speculating – but I’m using common-sense based on the available evidence.

The bottom line is that we are a club that is running a persistent structural deficit and rely of soft loans from various parties.

We should have started to prepare for the future 4 years ago when we went down. We would have accepted that. Instead we bought Ian Black and Sandaza and the plebs lapped it up at the time….

We are four years behind schedule….

Getting in Alex McLeish of Jose fucking Mourinho isn’t going to change that we are going to have to pay MW, DW and F Mc over £1m compo in a few years once the tribunal decides. And when it does we’ll still be running with that persistent structural deficit.

How do you know they haven't stuck to these employment laws?

The silence from the frauds that are Warburton, Weir and McParland is deafening albeit only 3-days ... the board are wankers, but they aren't stupid.

They will have an agreement for their notice and safe as houses ... it might be their agent representing them and having it minuted and signed off on and it's backfired but they've fucked it - not the board. 

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

and..MWs signings were pish and the board were right to question them?

Agreed to an extent. But us spending more than sheep in salaries doesn't  necessarily equate to our players being better than theirs or anyone else's just because of weekly pay rate.

And I really wonder how far we'd have been if every signing had stayed fit and available.

What ifs...

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Who ok'd the signings? 

Of course the board ok'd them but they're hardly going to turn round and say forget it Mark he's pish, pick someone else. 

These are Warburton/McParland signings, the board employed them to pick the team and sign players so it's ridiculous to blame who's coming in on the board. 

25 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

By sanctioning the signings it shows they were backing the manager.  How were they to know he was signing players not up to the job. The buck stops with the manager on that one. It's not for the board to say who to sign or not ... unless it gets to a stage where they are concerned by the product and are forced to say enough is enough. 

So if they had no concerns in the summer they approved of all the signings they thought it would work out. 

It hasn't it's been a shambles, for the board to suddenly stand up and claim it's all the managers fault is nonsense, if all the signings had worked you can bet they would looking to take applause for it. 

The blame lies with both. 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Agreed to an extent. But us spending more than sheep in salaries doesn't  necessarily equate to our players being better than theirs or anyone else's just because of weekly pay rate.

And I really wonder how far we'd have been if every signing had stayed fit and available.

What ifs...

What players if fit or available would've made a difference?

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Who is mentioning scouts and what has that got to do with it. 

They are the board of a football club, are trying to tell me that they couldn't see the gamble that Barton was, that they didn't know that Krancjar had hardly kicked a ball for 2 years. Why did they approve Sendros a panic signing right at the death. 

Why did they let the manager suddenly go way off course on what was the new strategy of buying young hungry players. If they didn't agree the manager had just blown a cup final the team had been poor for over 6 months losing away game after away game to our main rivals. 

Both the rats and the board have to shoulder the blame, for the board to say it was the big bad manager fault alone is just nonsense. 

The alternative is that they constantly vetted everything he did as a manager. And in the accounts it clearly states the footballing philosophy was young players with a mix of old - and Barton/Krancjar clearly fitted that blend. I cant see how they could possibly get involved in picking players to be signed in the summer - thats the managers job. Its their job to make sure he stays on budget - which he didnt and they still backed him.

I think the blame on the board here is minimal at best.

Cant disagree about Senderos - that was dreadful.