Squad

So do they get a clean slate with the new manager coming?  Will we see a new formation that may lead to certain regulars being sidelined?

I wonder based on what Pedro watched today who he would he want to keep at the forefront of his planning this coming week? 

Guest Lloyd72

I think he will give them a clean slate to prove themselves, apparently he plays direct football in a 442 with quick wingers and strong CMs so I can see an overhaul coming in the summer. 

10 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

So do they get a clean slate with the new manager coming?  Will we see a new formation that may lead to certain regulars being sidelined?

I wonder based on what Pedro watched today who he would he want to keep at the forefront of his planning this coming week? 

No.

Pedro will be afforded time to come in, get us results, and see whats needed by the summer transfer window.

If he decides to keep them fine. Not one could complain if they were let go.

There's no clean slate but if he rates them and wants them then they'll get another chance but this season won't be forgotten.

I think there will be a few new faces in the summer and few moved on. We badly need a holding strong midfielder, a decent centre half and a clinical striker. 

Think a few will be moved on too. Senderos, MOH and Halliday to name a few. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, He's blue he's white said:

If that's his preferred option then I agree with you mate.  I did read somewhere that he has had to adopt his preferred playing option depends on the players at his disposal.

Exciting times ahead 

That's exactly the way it should be none of this fitting players in to one system we need more variety.

Let's not get too carried away. The team gave it their all today and pulled off a result that many never thought possible, but they are still a very limited squad technically. They cannot do this every week. That was a seriously tall order order today and they achieved it, but not week on week.

We still require quality.  We need to replace 3 of the four in the back line. In the midfield we lose Hyndman, so how many do we need in? 3?. In the front line, Kenny has seen his last season as a starter. Is Waghorn good enough. Is anyone else? So we're looking at eight in of the desired quality and character. Do it and we knock that lot off their perch big style!

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Let's not get too carried away. The team gave it their all today and pulled off a result that many never thought possible, but they are still a very limited squad technically. They cannot do this every week. That was a seriously tall order order today and they achieved it, but not week on week.

We still require quality.  We need to replace 3 of the four in the back line. In the midfield we lose Hyndman, so how many do we need in? 3?. In the front line, Kenny has seen his last season as a starter. Is Waghorn good enough. Is anyone else? So we're looking at eight in of the desired quality and character. Do it and we knock that lot off their perch big style!

Don't think we are going to get eight, especially in one window (although I do agree we need virtually a new starting team). Whoever does come in the summer needs to be high quality and an automatic starter. I think maybe six (two CBs, 2 CMs (I still have high hopes for Rossiter), a winger and a striker).

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Agree with this, although if they had shown this level of desire throughout the season, I dare say 2nd place would be sewn up and we'd be looking forward with a bit more positivity.

The current squad seriously lack ability, especially in midfield. I reckon we need 2 CBs, 3 MF and one goal scorer at LEAST.

Clean slate for everyone including those currently on loan, no point writing anyone off if they are under contract as we cannot afford to pay them off.  Let those not needed leave when their contracts expire and hope Pedro can bring in a couple of decent centre-backs and a bit of quality in midfield. 

That, however, is a discussion for the closed season in the meantime let's WIN the cup, please.

Clean slate to an extent, and it should be he has no real basis to decide who is shite and who isn't..Depends as well he could get something out of a player me couldn't or a different role could make a difference. I just hope he gets rid of the ones that clearly are at their limit, haliday, kiernan, Wilson, tav, moh,  all need to be moved on

So he likes to be aggressive, dominating the game either in attack or when we are under pressure. 

Who fits into this philosophy from the current squad?

Hill, Garner

Can't actually name any other ... thinking about or squad in they terms is a real eye opener...

2 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

So he likes to be aggressive, dominating the game either in attack or when we are under pressure. 

Who fits into this philosophy from the current squad?

Hill, Garner

Can't actually name any other ... thinking about or squad in they terms is a real eye opener...

Was Rossiter not dominant in his game time he played? Injury-free, you could add him to that list

5 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

I would hope to include him, seriously hope he can get and stay fit.

Every chance he could be on the list.

Should probably write rossiter off for the season,get him fit and ready for next year,especially with the amount of injuries he has had. Seems to have potential