Back 4

Teddybear123

Bates really struggles IMO, constantly looks scared and it doesn't help when Tav can't defend or doesn't take command. 

Beerman looks like he's been playing professional for years, have no problems with him facing them. 

Danny Wilson looks different class now IMO, playing really well. 

Tav is tav, decent couple of minutes here and there but he's all we've got at the back in that position 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Agree. Bates is growing in confidence. I am not sure who is really injured anyway. I suspect there is more to the absences than meets the eye 

I agree. Team Gaffer anyway. Whatever he is doing, is working so far. Long may that continue. I don't want Wallace or Kiernan back in the team. 

1 hour ago, Bears said:

Is Bates ready for the full-on diving, backing in and collapsing, and downright sneakiness of their forward players, though? Hill back in alongside Wilson for me.

Totally agree with this although it would have been good for the big man to get some game time before we play them but he has the experience needed.

If Hill is fit enough I believe he should start in place of Bates.   Its a very important game and Hill's experience, commitment and leadership would be needed for a game like this.  The more difficult one is left back.   Experience may be preferred here with Hodson getting the nod but if he chooses Beerman instead then fair enough.    Whoever he picks for the side, the hope is he can get them to play the full match in the way he wants them to play and they go on to deliver a great win.