what if

Airdriebear

So much he left? Don't let the 'love' pish cloud your eyes mate

And still you hold something like this against him. Yoy tell us not to make judgements and you are now making judgements regarding Barry because of what happened years ago. You do not know what his circumstances were back then nor do you know what happened behind the scenes in his personal life so you are making judgements that you know nothing about.

I'm making it clear that the man left the club he loves. Was that love not strong enough? Loads of players stay at the club they love, Malpass for one and that wasn't even a top club.

So, presumably you also believe Sheva didn't love Milan, Mancini didn't love Sampdoria, and Batistuta wasn't overly fond of Fiorentina?

Aye, ok.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't see a day where barry doesn't want to play for rangers.

You must have been born after he moved down south then!

He told McLeish he wanted to leave Rangers as soon as possible after he had signed a 5 year deal.

I'm sure he's told all the fans what they want to hear in his book.

More and more it sounds like you have a personal vendetta against him.

i dont think it sounds like a vendetta mate, it sounds like he is looking at things from both sides as a pose to the we hate plg side of things

He's been attacking Barry consistently for the past half hour as far as I can see.

Right, post them here then. All I've said is wait until the facts come out.

You have clearly been worshipping the pants off him which has affected your objectivity.

So what if it comes out tomorrow that he refused to play? Or he did something that warranted being dropped, would you still have your Barry blinkers on?

I'm making it clear that the man left the club he loves. Was that love not strong enough? Loads of players stay at the club they love, Malpass for one and that wasn't even a top club.

Explain to me what relevance it has to the current situation. I told you in anouther thread that the guy took painkilling injections for 5 months to try and help us get second place. Is that not loyalty? He stood by Eck last season when things were going bad for him. Is that not loyalty?

And still you hold something like this against him. Yoy tell us not to make judgements and you are now making judgements regarding Barry because of what happened years ago. You do not know what his circumstances were back then nor do you know what happened behind the scenes in his personal life so you are making judgements that you know nothing about.

So, presumably you also believe Sheva didn't love Milan, Mancini didn't love Sampdoria, and Batistuta wasn't overly fond of Fiorentina?

Aye, ok.

So cut out all the love the club crap then. Fact is he wanted to play for another club and did so is it too far a stretch of the imagination that Le Guen could have had no option?

I really can't see a day where barry doesn't want to play for rangers.

You must have been born after he moved down south then!

He told McLeish he wanted to leave Rangers as soon as possible after he had signed a 5 year deal.

I'm sure he's told all the fans what they want to hear in his book.

More and more it sounds like you have a personal vendetta against him.

i dont think it sounds like a vendetta mate, it sounds like he is looking at things from both sides as a pose to the we hate plg side of things

He's been attacking Barry consistently for the past half hour as far as I can see.

Right, post them here then. All I've said is wait until the facts come out.

You have clearly been worshipping the pants off him which has affected your objectivity.

So what if it comes out tomorrow that he refused to play? Or he did something that warranted being dropped, would you still have your Barry blinkers on?

You've been using his leaving of Rangers as a weapon to smear him. And haven't let up from it.

And I cannot conceive of anything which would cause what you propose.

If something like that emerges, then yes, I will like any honest supporter hold my hands up in concession.

But I cannot see it.

Aye, ok.

So cut out all the love the club crap then. Fact is he wanted to play for another club and did so is it too far a stretch of the imagination that Le Guen could have had no option?

PLG has engaged in plenty of bizarre management decisions.

Going by history, it's likely this is too.

It might not be, but it would have to be something massive to justify this. I also noticed you, or someone else, didn't address the point I made about that previously.

Explain to me what relevance it has to the current situation. I told you in anouther thread that the guy took painkilling injections for 5 months to try and help us get second place. Is that not loyalty? He stood by Eck last season when things were going bad for him. Is that not loyalty?

The relevance is to the people on here who think because he loves the club that he would do nothing that warrants any kind of disciplinary measures.

If you want what is best for this club you would also be outraged at bazza being left out.

If it was something terrible I would understand him being stripped of his captaincy but to leave him out altogether when the club is at its lowest in its 135 year history.

I?m sorry it?s just mad.

Aye, ok.

It might not be, but it would have to be something massive to justify this. I also noticed you, or someone else, didn't address the point I made about that previously.

Wahaay, you've come round to my way of thinking. You don't know. I don't know so how's about not publicly sticking the boot in until we know the facts?

If Le Guen was being petty, I'll give him some.

If Barry deserved it, I'll give him some.

But I don't want to stand here today slating someone for this decision then finding out tomorrow I've been booting the wrong guy!

i know we are all unhappy but what if

barry has given plg no alternative but to drop him, what if he tried to force his hand and plg has had to make an example of him.

I know barry has been one of our most consistent player this season, but surely there is more to things than this?

Halleluja!

A bit of common sense at last!!

Fact is, we don't know what has happened and wont until after tomorrows game.

Hold fire until then or a lot of people may have some grovelling apologies to do on here.

Finally........

I have it on good authority that Barry Ferguson left PLG and DM no choice but strip him of the captaincy. All will be revealed tomorrow, but all I will say is, it is not a kneejerk reaction and the problem has been going on for months and Barry has been given more than enough time to mend his ways and he failed to do so.

I am/was a big fan of Barry, but no player is bigger than the club and if PLG's job is on the line, he has every right to put BF's job on the line if he is not following instructons.

That is now 3 players Le Guen has got rid off. Ricksen, Bardsley and now Bazza. Ricksen was wrong but deserved another chance. Bardsley did what every player does in training everyday and got punished. Now Ferguson.

Le Guen seems like a selfish, stuborn tosser who is useless at his job. It is like he wants everyone to hate him. Well actually he did say that he didn't care if no-one liked his actions.

As soon as he walked through the Ibrox marbled floor he has been nothing but trouble.

Hew is also a garbage manager.

If you want what is best for this club you would also be outraged at bazza being left out.

If it was something terrible I would understand him being stripped of his captaincy but to leave him out altogether when the club is at its lowest in its 135 year history.

I?m sorry it?s just mad.

If he refused to play?

If he didn't back one or more of his team mates?

If he refused to play Le Guens formation??

I don't know, just 3 swift speculative thoughts off the top of my head. Could be wrong, could be right, we won't know until tomorrow.

I agree with others that this delay has just left the fans in the dark and allowed the more 'excitable' ones to fire off at the hip.

It may well have been better to have explained the decision with the reasons in full as soon as the announcement was made on the Gers official website.

The relevance is to the people on here who think because he loves the club that he would do nothing that warrants any kind of disciplinary measures.

Firstly my love and loyalty lies with the club first and foremost (tu)

Players and managers and club chairmen come and go but the club will always be there because of us the fans (tu)

I owe no one an apology over my views and i respect everyone elses as well even if i don agree or see it that way.

But this current issue is all about players ,who DO care for and love this club,having their opinions suppressed by a manager who does not tolerate anyone one elses opinion!

Nothing more nothing less!

Barry was only saying and doing as any decent captain at any club, at any level would do or say in troubled times to players who they believe aren't pulling their weight on the pitch and taking responsibility!!

That believe it or not is one of the captains responsibilities although PLG doesn't agree with that!

Good man management eh?

I?m sorry it?s just mad.

If he refused to play?

I don't know, just 3 swift speculative thoughts off the top of my head. Could be wrong, could be right, we won't know until tomorrow.

I agree with others that this delay has just left the fans in the dark and allowed the more 'excitable' ones to fire off at the hip.

It may well have been better to have explained the decision with the reasons in full as soon as the announcement was made on the Gers official website.

I just wish we knew what was going on as well mate (tu)

barry has given plg no alternative but to drop him, what if he tried to force his hand and plg has had to make an example of him.

I know barry has been one of our most consistent player this season, but surely there is more to things than this?

Halleluja!

Hold fire until then or a lot of people may have some grovelling apologies to do on here.

Finally........

I have it on good authority that Barry Ferguson left PLG and DM no choice but strip him of the captaincy. All will be revealed tomorrow, but all I will say is, it is not a kneejerk reaction and the problem has been going on for months and Barry has been given more than enough time to mend his ways and he failed to do so.

I am/was a big fan of Barry, but no player is bigger than the club and if PLG's job is on the line, he has every right to put BF's job on the line if he is not following instructons.

That is now 3 players Le Guen has got rid off. Ricksen, Bardsley and now Bazza. Ricksen was wrong but deserved another chance. Bardsley did what every player does in training everyday and got punished. Now Ferguson.

Le Guen seems like a selfish, stuborn tosser who is useless at his job. It is like he wants everyone to hate him. Well actually he did say that he didn't care if no-one liked his actions.

As soon as he walked through the Ibrox marbled floor he has been nothing but trouble.

Just how many chances did Ricksen deserve in your mind? He's had dozens in his time at Rangers. Le Guen knew all about his history and he was told that it was no more chances. Ricksen fooked that one up.

Bardsley, yes he had a two footed lunge at Buffel in training but it wasn't this that got up Le Guens nose so much as his screaming and shouting at the boss.

Le Guen said on his arrival when questioned about being Rangers first catholic manager-"Yes, people don't have to like me, but they must respect me".

Nothing wrong with that.

I?m sorry it?s just mad.

If he refused to play?

I just wish we knew what was going on as well mate (tu)

It may well have saved a few online barneys!

Not a happy 1st of January all things considered.

There are a couple of points that need clarification here.

1. We dont know EITHER PLG's or BF's point of view here.

2. It seems to me that no matter what happened it should have been kept in house.

3. If there had been a situation building then it should have been MANAGED.

4. When we are desperate for points BF is a MUST on the field

5. Is there a similar situation with Buffel? Rodriguez? Letizi?

6. DM has a say in this too.

All in all it looks a MESS from ANY angle and I suspect no-one will emerge looking too clever.

Agree?

Aye, ok.

Wahaay, you've come round to my way of thinking. You don't know. I don't know so how's about not publicly sticking the boot in until we know the facts?

If Le Guen was being petty, I'll give him some.

If Barry deserved it, I'll give him some.

But I don't want to stand here today slating someone for this decision then finding out tomorrow I've been booting the wrong guy!

Not quite m8.

You've been, as I said, using Barry's leaving as a reason to attack him. You keep going on about fairness and partiality now, but it did not start that way.

It's actually you who's changed (tu)

Halleluja!

Finally........

Just how many chances did Ricksen deserve in your mind? He's had dozens in his time at Rangers. Le Guen knew all about his history and he was told that it was no more chances. Ricksen fooked that one up.

Bardsley, yes he had a two footed lunge at Buffel in training but it wasn't this that got up Le Guens nose so much as his screaming and shouting at the boss.

Le Guen said on his arrival when questioned about being Rangers first catholic manager-"Yes, people don't have to like me, but they must respect me".

Nothing wrong with that.

Le Guen said a few weeks ago that he does not care if people do not like his decisions, if people dont like him. Nothing to do with what he said about being the first catholic manager. How are you supposed to get behind a guy like that?

The guy has made more mistakes than Lionel Letizi, he is a f*cken joke.

Not quite m8.

You've been, as I said, using Barry's leaving as a reason to attack him. You keep going on about fairness and partiality now, but it did not start that way.

It's actually you who's changed 

He has an agenda from long ago and is using this situation to peddle his anti-Barry views. It is not his views that are the problem just that he wants to come across as impartial when in reality he is anything but.

There are a couple of points that need clarification here.

1. We dont know EITHER PLG's or BF's point of view here.

2. It seems to me that no matter what happened it should have been kept in house.

3. If there had been a situation building then it should have been MANAGED.

4. When we are desperate for points BF is a MUST on the field

5. Is there a similar situation with Buffel? Rodriguez? Letizi?

6. DM has a say in this too.

All in all it looks a MESS from ANY angle and I suspect no-one will emerge looking too clever.

Agree?

I agree. This announcement should either have waited until the team announcement tomorrow or the full reasons given with the announcement today.

Not quite m8.

It's actually you who's changed 

He has an agenda from long ago and is using this situation to peddle his anti-Barry views. It is not his views that are the problem just that he wants to come across as impartial when in reality he is anything but.

Perhaps I've just heard more stories than you from a respected source who is invariably correct. A bear as true as any and one who knows many personally within Ibrox.

These stories would not fit well with your misty blue haze view of Mr Ferguson.

You may have heard it from various sources but you have not heard it straight from the mouth of Barry Ferguson and it is for that reason that you cannot comment on it as if you knew the situation back then. We now se your real oppinion on the guy but just don't pretend to be impartial when you are not.

Tell me, do you really suspect that Barry done enough to warrant being stripped of the captaincy because that is one thing you have n't told us?

Halleluja!

I'm still to sign up to the sack PLG thread for the simple reason that until the CLUB make their stand and tell us what is going on we are relying on the word of some called insiders like Chick Young.

I would love to think this has been misrepresented. It would hardly be the first time the club misrepresents something.

One thing I would point out as far as people saying PLG is reckless or right to be strict. With Ricksen the lad obviously made a big mistake and apparently had a serious problem. Sacking an alcoholic is probably a sound move - even if it has left us with arguably a weaker squad. By contrast, the most we have yet seen from Ferguson is anger and frustration - often at his team mates. I don't think this is in the same category at all.

If the story is of serious ill discipline, such as a physical attack, then I think something had to happen - no matter how bad the rest of the team has been.