*** RangersMedia Erskine Fund - The Official 2017/18 Members Thread ***

govanblue

Obviously there's the umpteen Rangers-related ones, like wanting to see a game at Ibrox...

wishing_wall_zpsfaatepfw.thumb.jpg.4760d047c65480d37dff04edd4f107a9.jpg

Which gets continually fulfilled at every Home Game.

Then we had the Loch Katrine Waverley Boat Trip...

Wish_Katrine_zpsvqjff8zf.thumb.jpg.0a712d56955849e8eded0f3ad2426ccb.jpg

And the Lomond Shores Day out and dinner at the Kilted Skirlie...

Wish_Lomond_Shores_zpshdsvgvxo.thumb.jpg.264d0f013aadeb06d22112e590120a2e.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the very successful Falkirk Wheel Day trip and Lunch.  

Falkirk_Wheel_Wish_RM_zpssseqekew.thumb.jpg.e6dacb23201ff4d861d094d57186a236.jpg

Many thanks as always to our good friends at Specialized Security who not only financed that whole day out, but also organised everything, including a 5 Star host in the shape of Alan McLaren! :rangers:

falkirk_wheel1_zpsulmo8vce.thumb.jpg.0a712c91fd76b3dab3280c405f9b99c3.jpgfalkirkwheel4_zpsljzkldo7.thumb.jpg.967d7b1e677b0f917c295d067a217021.jpg

falkirkwheel2_zpsdlr2lftb.thumb.jpg.649c36772621af9340843ee14186d524.jpg

And somebody asked for some sweets...

toffee3_zpsnn3dxqfc.thumb.jpg.cca46ce82e538ddb50b8b647d05af23b.jpg

So we got them these...

Erskine_Sweets_zpsixkgqvos.thumb.jpg.b6ff4884821ae0db51ffc75832c80d54.jpg

(that was for one of the Homes.  The other two got the same)

Plus 3 of these...

sweetshop1427224144_408.jpg

Plus several Fish & Chip Runs...

fishNchips_zpshtgxld7q.thumb.jpg.d92b9d642355c38e2faa69c9c2a0a4ea.jpg 

Some of which have been positively life-changing...

Before...

saltcoats1_zpszphpbsxj.thumb.gif.c5f65548b087cd20d9a282a10598234a.gif

After...

chippie3_zpsx62nvyw3.thumb.gif.70efbe3468cf8de0bf09ebd8fc0e31d4.gif

erskine_fish_zps8rxytyqw.thumb.jpg.2d96b

and Ibrox Lunches / Stadium Tours (I've lost count how many)...

tour6_zps05av7ghg.thumb.jpg.a05fe87e42e669995fb688954ef33fdc.jpgblueroom1_zpsecoqfdw3.thumb.jpg.4fa59f6457d0b7c8b3c33d49e796126c.jpg 

Erskine_Mains_Rest_Waltered_zpsc59d509c.thumb.jpg.2656ab89d22f43c717df05655a279d72.jpg 

E7_zps404b69ef.thumb.jpg.294983b36ed2b3e3f8d9ae32e25b46ac.jpg

erskine_fish_zps8rxytyqw.jpg

There may have been more, but my memory's not what it was. :p:

But either way, in terms of making individual Veteran's wishes happen, I think we've got not a bad track record, of which we can be very proud.  Let's keep it up! :rangers:

So what with the bad weather at the weekend, Erskine weren't able to use the extra seats our members donated for them.  

So instead, I gave them to the Erskine Bishopton Transport Deputy Manager, with instructions to sell them at £20 each, which he duly did.

He also did that with 2 spare tickets  at the Dunfermline game.

So that's £140 raised from the sale of those tickets.  (Plus there's also £100 that they raised for us, flogging some of our official kit.)

I've told Erskine Bishopton that all the money they raise for us from those ticket sales will be ringfenced, and the Erskine Bishopton Bears can decide themselves what to spend it on.

Erskine_RDF3_zpsxhxm4poe.thumb.jpg.28e8cdfd7831c7cf56f8b976e517a6bc.jpg

So in the meantime, (for as long as the stadium is busy at least) - any spare tickets we have, we'll let Erskine try to flog them.

It's worth noting incidentally, that the Erskine Deputy Transport Manager offered to do this, because he is always keen to raise money for the Residents Recreational needs - even on his day off! :rangers:

And many thanks once again to @bluegecko @King's Troop @SW3 @WILLIAM BEAR who donated the seats in the first place. :rangers:

4 hours ago, govanblue said:

So what with the bad weather at the weekend, Erskine weren't able to use the extra seats our members donated for them.  

So instead, I gave them to the Erskine Bishopton Transport Deputy Manager, with instructions to sell them at £20 each, which he duly did.

He also did that with 2 spare tickets  at the Dunfermline game.

So that's £140 raised from the sale of those tickets.  (Plus there's also £100 that they raised for us, flogging some of our official kit.)

I've told Erskine Bishopton that all the money they raise for us from those ticket sales will be ringfenced, and the Erskine Bishopton Bears can decide themselves what to spend it on.

Erskine_RDF3_zpsxhxm4poe.thumb.jpg.28e8cdfd7831c7cf56f8b976e517a6bc.jpg

So in the meantime, (for as long as the stadium is busy at least) - any spare tickets we have, we'll let Erskine try to flog them.

It's worth noting incidentally, that the Erskine Deputy Transport Manager offered to do this, because he is always keen to raise money for the Residents Recreational needs - even on his day off! :rangers:

And many thanks once again to @bluegecko @King's Troop @SW3 @WILLIAM BEAR who donated the seats in the first place. :rangers:

Great to hear they got used and raised a little bit of much needed funds dude. No doubt will be able to donate again through the season.  Keep up the good work GB ?

Message from Erskine Park...

Hi gb,

I have attached our receipt for ferry fares for our recent trip to Rothesay. The weather was atrocious but despite this everyone had a great time even though we never left the bus!! We didn’t buy fish suppers as we left early enough to arrive back home for our regular meal.

Please thank your group for sponsoring these wishes. I’m awaiting pictures from our driver and will send copies to you when they arrive,

Many Thanks,

Erskine Park

calmac_ferry_receipt.thumb.jpg.fcb1e76388606d8ae55bafed90baf238.jpg

Another message from Erskine Park...

Hi gb,
Despite the score, here is a picture of John and Charlie enjoying a recent match. Please thank your guys for making this possible,
Regards,
Erskine Park

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I have clearance to post the pic unedited.  So you'll need to wait till I get confirmation on that.

It's a great pic though! :p:

If you remember, An Anonymous Bear donated £210 to pay for the Rothesay Trip and the non-existent fish suppers.

So we'll send a cheque to Erskine for the full £210, and once the ferry is paid for, that will leave them £70.20.

I will give them strict instructions that this is to be spent on Fish Suppers, and that we will require photographic proof!   :p:

The good news is that they can now go to their favourite Saltcoats Chippy, where they get them cheap, so more fish all round! :rangers:

And Another Anonymous Bear also PMed me wanting to donate the money for the Ferry.  But we had already received the first donation by then.

So I told him or her to put his or her money back in his or her pocket and wait till the next Erskine Wish comes along and he or she can chip in to that.

Which won't be too long actually, because I hear the Bishopton Veterans are crying out for another Stadium Tour/Argyle Lunch.

:rangers:

On 23/08/2017 at 11:50 PM, govanblue said:

And Another Anonymous Bear also PMed me wanting to donate the money for the Ferry.  But we had already received the first donation by then.

So I told him or her to put his or her money back in his or her pocket and wait till the next Erskine Wish comes along and he or she can chip in to that.

Which won't be too long actually, because I hear the Bishopton Veterans are crying out for another Stadium Tour/Argyle Lunch.

:rangers:

Yes your totally right GB as you know i work in Erskine and we are looking to take another bus full of vetrans on another  ibrox tour and hopefully for lunch at the Argyle resturant  the same as you done recently  for 10 vetrans from Pearson house who all had a  absolutely fab day out this is only possible with the help of all at RM so we await your assistance with this outing thanks to all from all Veterans  at Erskine Bishopton

Archived