Do any of our ex players actually understand?

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I'm just a moderate non- paranoid RM member - all this agenda shite is just nonsense.

reporters are wanks - fair reporting never happens these days only headlines for clicks or sales but this big bad conspiracy that every one is trying to kick us in all the time is just the online laugh fodder we used to laugh at the dims about, of course that was back in the day when RM was robust  enough to have a 'laugh at celtic' thread but we are sensitive souls these days, must be all those 'faux'attaxks on us. 

There still is a laugh at celtic thread in general sports. It has no place in the Bears Den where, quite rightly, we only talk about Rangers 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Henderson would most definitely have been friends with a few of the Lisbon lions.. you do realise that up until at least warburton taking over our Scottish players would've been on friendly terms with theirs? It's only the fans where the divide used to start. I've always despised Celtic but I'd expect the professionals to get on.  Don't count the current Celtic squad as pros though- they're just wee neds going by their celebrations at ibrox 

This is a great post. 

Yes the players are professionals, whether through talent, fame or sheer bad luck they arrive at us and cellic they still fundamentally have the common bond to fellow professionals and I respect that.

The big problem is that their employers fans and often the employers themselves have hated each other for a very long time and used both clubs to symbolise political, religious and cultural grievances rather than always dwelling toward the positive side. 

We can of course say they are the biggest culprits, but we have played a part in continuing the hatred, myself included, justified or not. 

Now most players can stand back from this, and it did seem to be the case years ago. In fact Willie Henderson and Jimmy Johnstone were good friends and had enormous respect for each other as two of the geatest wingers of their time.

However in more recent times the flames have been even further fanned by political campaigns by cellic and totally unjustifed behaviour by some of their more odious players, former players and management and we fans realise this and are angry. 

The players don't need to be tainted by this, they are only there to do a job. It's also very unfortunate a few, especially those in green and white feel a need to get involved provokedly with it, and are not being condemned for it.

Before I get rounded on for this post blaming both sides, I know exactly where I stand, and it sure ain't the middle. 

And although feel I can justify the dislike of another football club on such a scale, I am always conscious it's a shame that I need to.

Would be a nicer world if cellic had never been formed, and players had stayed neutral from the background.

19 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Ferguson is a cunt who has always been more full of praise for the vermin than us whenever i have heard him speaking. I know he grew up a bluenose but i think he must be bitter about the way he was perceived to have been treated whilst here. Calling us them is just him. Wanky. Henderson had no place there and should have declined the invite. Celtic are shitting all over us just now all over the place on and off the park and it's fucking heartbreaking watching it unfold before our very eyes. The Ferguson brothers too, Finbar and Derek, both working for Rangers hating scum and talking utter nonsense into the bargain too. 

To answer you, no, ex players clearly do not get it. That hurt, that heart break, that anger that we all feel watching our club be humiliated in public., whether it be through the media or on the pitch. Look at our idol, our club legend, Mr McCoist and the way that bastard treated us. The players who walked away in our hour of need, rightly or wrongly. Our club was wounded, our family was hurt and we needed support from them and they couldn't walk away fast enough. McCoist himself, couldn't make enough money from us. We made so many useless cunts multi millionaires, gave them their lavish lifestyles and wonderful careers and to a man they have all fucked off and left us to it. Some even taking liberties. 

Our club have been smashed from pillar to post since i can remember. It started way back when Duncan Ferguson got the jail, maybe even earlier when Souness stood upto the SFA and since then it has been one big fucking jolly hate filled conspiracy of shite against our club. Non Rangers fans will do and say anything to damage our reputation. The lengths that some folk have went to, to blacken our name has been embarrassingly extreme.  

We've been attacked by every single cunt in the country from every single sector of society it feels. From the Catholic Church to the judicial system, to the police force to the government to the media to the fucking fans of clubs outwith Celtic, everyone has had a go. They have all had a right good kick and it must, it simply must still kill them that they couldn't kill us off. We may be on the ropes but we are still fucking standing. 

This is the summer where we fight back. This is the season where we get it right up every single one of them. 

One thing is for sure, the party that will follow title number 55 will be the biggest party this country has ever seen. And we can all get it right fucking up every single bastard who took aim at us when we were weak. 

Well said that man !

1 hour ago, Aubie92 said:

Again though, some of those players were his friends. He's spoken at sportsmen's dinners about a number of 'confrontations' on the pitch back in the day were really just the players sorting out meeting up that night with the wives, but the papers would greatly exaggerate it.

In some ways the hatred runs deeper now than it did back then, but I'm not going to moan about Henderson being friends with a few former Celtic players. You can tell he was genuinely upset when talking about Jinky Johnstone's passing, for example. 

Perfectly accept that the wee man has old friends in their camp.  However, friends you go for a game of golf or a few beers with if you want to meet up.  Just think he would be well advised to politely decline the invitation.  Lets face it, he was only asked as a token anyway. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Ffs, did you take part in the Falklands war? Is it not rude to answer a question with a question?

Yes or No?

So you IGNORE my answer when I said yes - and I have the Rosette - and then get indignant when I ask a simple question. The relevance of that fact? 

On 2017-5-27 at 8:45 PM, NornIronBear said:

After hearing about Willie Henderson and Sir Alex Ferguson being at the celebrations of Lisbon 67 the other night including apparently Ferguson giving a speech and changing the words Rangers to them as it was getting booed I just thought are the ordinary fans the only ones that fully understand what's happened in the last 5 years?

Ex players continue to work for organisations that don't even hide their agenda against Rangers and Rangers fans and they rarely if ever fight back against the lies and spin. 

If it wasn't for the fans our club would be nothing. Only the fans seem to be standing up to our enemies.

May be wrong in my thinking but just thought I'd put it out there for debate.

Beats me why anyone even remotely connected with our club would go along to this I would rather drink bleach.

I've no issues with players from by gone days being pals but sometimes I feel they should think first before they act.

More than ever we need to stand up for ourselves. 

Throughout Rangers history the club have helped others who where in need by playing charity matches or donating things, something Bill Struth instilled into the fabric of the club yet apart from the supporters who helped us in our time of need? I'm no Linfield fan but they stood up when many more hid.

On 28/05/2017 at 8:38 PM, Bluepeter9 said:

So you IGNORE my answer when I said yes - and I have the Rosette - and then get indignant when I ask a simple question. The relevance of that fact? 

I wasn't ignoring you ya dick. That will be why I continued to pose the same question, I genuinely never saw your answer. As for relevance, there is none. I saw you tell someone a while back that you were in the Falkland but you never said wether you took part in the campaign or went over later to pick up the empty cases. I will take your word for it, your a vet, fair enough, I respect that.

Apart from that though your posts on here scream of, look at me, look at me, I've got a mind of my own, I'm not a sheep.

Attention seeking arsehole

3 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

I wasn't ignoring you ya dick. That will be why I continued to pose the same question, I genuinely never saw your answer. As for relevance, there is none. I saw you tell someone a while back that you were in the Falkland but you never said wether you took part in the campaign or went over later to pick up the empty cases. I will take your word for it, your a vet, fair enough, I respect that.

Apart from that though your posts on here scream of, look at me, look at me, I've got a mind of my own, I'm not a sheep.

Attention seeking arsehole

I've got s mind of my own.

I am not a sheep.

thank you for noticing! You need to work on your insulting skills as I suspect these were not meant as the compliment I take them to be.