Portuguese view

Amato

"Bruno Alves, Fábio Cardoso and Candeias are exactly that, aggressive players with loads of workrate that die on the field for the shirts they are playing for" 

This is all I ask as a fan.   Give your all everytime you cross that line. Too many last season didnt care enough.

Hopefully Pedro gets the luck he needs and we get off to a good start. Confidence is pretty low and a few good early results will do wonders.

Optimistic for the season ahead.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sounds like Dan is a solid hard working footballer who can defend and get forward. 

Thats a lot more than we have had for the last 5 years. 

Pedro says that, we need more aggression, especially on the left, which Daniel can provide.  Wee dig at McKay who has the ability.  Now it is time to prove if he has the heart.

4 hours ago, Barrhead loyalist said:

Guys who can honestly say that  they had heard of the likes of Alberts,Gattoso,Negri amato even guys like Mols  van brockhurst  lovenkrants  the list is endless let's just wait and see how it pans out NFSE 

Your spelling is horrific 

My mate is a Benfica ST holder and this is what he said about Dalcio.

"Not sure about him, he was supposed to grow up last two years but nothing special was shown!!!That's why he was on the B team and on loan for 2 loan clubs. Maybe 2018 will be his year..."

i think he he was being polite.

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Gaz .I don't know how you can say that . The humping we took at Ibrox should be a warning to every bear

Yes we have made signings . What was the other option? . Surely we had to buy players

However . It's the play on the park that will convince me ,one way or the other .

Not all the signings he makes . Although ,it's always more optimistic bringing new faces in .

I still don't trust him but I'm willing to be convinced

This is like trying to read one of the Mexican translations in the transfer forum.

Also, cheer up for fuck sake, we're going to spend close to £10,000,000 on transfers and cunts still moan.

"Candeias is a limited player to play in a team like Benfica who see the vast majority of the ball every game. Against tight defences, he's not creative enough to make a difference."

Bingo. Candeias is nothing special. It was wat i said some days ago in his topic, and some people just knock me.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Less of the cunts , fuck face

10mill:lol: That made me laugh

We all know it will be St money and not a drop more

Less of the fuck faces, cunt. 

Pena - £2.7m

Herrara - £1.2m

Cordosa - £1.3m

Morelos - £1m

Alves - 500k

Candeias - 700k

Dorrans - £1,3m

Pretty much a cert Walker is coming as well who will cost around 500k which will take us over £9million spent. 

3 minutes ago, BenficaFan said:

"Candeias is a limited player to play in a team like Benfica who see the vast majority of the ball every game. Against tight defences, he's not creative enough to make a difference."

Bingo. Candeias is nothing special. It was wat i said some days ago in his topic, and some people just knock me.

Mate, you're probably right but you don't have to special to be a success in this shitehole of a league :lol:

He strikes me as a Sasa Papac type of signing, a solid 7 when he plays but never really overachieves. 

4 minutes ago, lgr1991 said:

Mate, you're probably right but you don't have to special to be a success in this shitehole of a league :lol:

He strikes me as a Sasa Papac type of signing, a solid 7 when he plays but never really overachieves. 

I understand, but Rangers its going to play Europa League, and have alot of european games history! But i know u guys are starting from a long recovery process

20 minutes ago, lgr1991 said:

Pena - £2.7m

Herrara - £1.2m

Cordosa - £1.3m

Morelos - £1m

Alves - 500k

Candeias - 700k

Dorrans - £1,3m

Pretty much a cert Walker is coming as well who will cost around 500k which will take us over £9million spent. 

Have all these players been confirmed ???

Dorrans??

If so when .I must have missed something in all the signing activity

Walker would be worthwhile at 500k

12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Have all these players been confirmed ???

Dorrans??

If so when .I must have missed something in all the signing activity

Walker would be worthwhile at 500k

Not quite mate, Pena and Herrara done deals, work permit granted, just awaiting Visas which is a formality.

Morelos done deal, awaiting work permit. 

Dorrans deal is all over the media today, we have apparently put in an improved offer, I'll admit this one could be horseshit but who knows. We definitely bid for him earlier this month so it's not too far fetched.  

Walker price tag is speculation on my part but judging by his posting on social media, it looks like he is coming. He will look like a total twat if he doesn't. I will be astonished if Hearts sell their best player for under 500k, especially to us. 

40 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

10mill:lol: That made me laugh

We all know it will be St money and not a drop more

Yeah but season ticket money spent on transfers means King and co need to spend money on the day to day running. You can't really knock them for this transfer window

24 minutes ago, BenficaFan said:

I understand, but Rangers its going to play Europa League, and have alot of european games history! But i know u guys are starting from a long recovery process

You hit the nail on the head buddy, Candeias improves the squad for the moment even if he isn't a major part of our future plans.

Who knows, he might hit the ground running. I believe he hit the best form of his life under Pedro so he might find it again. 

3 minutes ago, lgr1991 said:

Not quite mate, Pena and Herrara done deals, work permit granted, just awaiting Visas which is a formality.

Morelos done deal, awaiting work permit. 

Dorrans deal is all over the media today, we have apparently put in an improved offer, I'll admit this one could be horseshit but who knows. We defiantly bid for him earlier this month so it's not too far fetched.  

Walker price tag is speculation on my part but judging by his posting on social media, it looks like he is coming. He will look like a total twat if he doesn't. I will be astonished if Hearts sell their best player for under 500k, especially to us. 

Fair enough mate . I was on holiday so I thought I had missed some signings there

2 minutes ago, Amato said:

Yeah but season ticket money spent on transfers means King and co need to spend money on the day to day running. You can't really knock them for this transfer window

You can't knock it ,just like we couldn't knock last years incomings either .

Prefer to see how they are on the park before I get too excited .

Would like some more decent  Scottish guys in that know what an OF is all about though

19 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You can't knock it ,just like we couldn't knock last years incomings either .

Prefer to see how they are on the park before I get too excited .

Would like some more decent  Scottish guys in that know what an OF is all about though

We spent diddly squat last year though. 

Hopefully we get Dorrans in soon. What other Scottish guys would you go for?

2 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

"Not sure about him, he was supposed to grow up last two years but nothing special was shown!!!That's why he was on the B team and on loan for 2 loan clubs. Maybe 2018 will be his year..."

The problem for a lot of Benfica players is that the club spends multi-millions on players. That club must be minted and aren't going to spend a lot of time on a player if he doesn't produce something special right away. They can afford to offload decent players to the B team or put them out n loan. 

2wobwcj.jpg

1 hour ago, Amato said:

We spent diddly squat last year though. 

Hopefully we get Dorrans in soon. What other Scottish guys would you go for?

To be honest mate . Haven't given it much thought since I got back from holidays

Accies and Caley are surely worth looking at with some of the creative youngsters they have .

For some cover positions maybe

Teams like Hearts may be difficult to deal with .

The backbone of the side being strong from back to front

Some tricky fast younger players for cover

And having a few good Scottish players to add that little bit of passion would make me happy

17 hours ago, Amato said:

Article from the Evening Times, thought it was quite an interesting read. 

The Portuguese journalist, João Pedro Cordeiro, doesn't seem to rate Dalcio and thinks Candeias is suited to counter attacking team, says he lacks creativity. However, for all I know João Pedro Cordeiro is the Portuguese Keith Jackson. Also the article refers to Candeias as a defender which is news to me.

I didn't read anything into that. Could be something lost in translation/speaking a different language, as some teams deploy their wingers in a deeper role that's closer to wing back. (Victor Moses had his best season yet just past, and though he was technically playing in defence he was more there for the attacking play and midfield support, though he did make an effort to improve defensively.)

Overall, he's pretty much said what we already know. Funny that the one time the Scottish hacks bother to look into foreign opinions of these players and they learn nothing that Rangers fans weren't already aware of. Maybe if they spent more time on football and less on tabloid shit stirring... 

16 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

It's amazing how Pedro was belittled by everyone in Scotland a couple months back, every guy and their dug in the media taking a swipe at him

But when you read balanced views from foreign journalists, they all comment on how tremendously respected Pedro is and how he's been a pretty solid manager to date

The more I see his signings, the things he says, the plan he's got for us, the more I'm starting to trust him. Here's hoping these players can do it on the pitch. 

It's the typical xenophobic Scottish attitude that's totally at odds with the 'friendly, happy Scots' image that some try to project. (A xenophobia which extends to everyone and anyone who isn't Scottish or Irish, weirdly.) Factor that in with many in the press seemingly expecting their pal McInnes to land the job and their attitude to the appointment was honking. They ridiculed the appointment in a way they didn't for foreigners like Jansen and Vengloš at Celtic, Skovdahl at Aberdeen or Sérgio at Hearts. (Not that any of them should have had the same treatment; they were all respected coaches, for one reason or another.) I can't even remember if Kampman being appointed by Motherwell was given the same scorn. The Scottish media seemed to be the only press unaware of Pedro's reputation. 

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

To be honest mate . Haven't given it much thought since I got back from holidays

Accies and Caley are surely worth looking at with some of the creative youngsters they have .

For some cover positions maybe

Teams like Hearts may be difficult to deal with .

The backbone of the side being strong from back to front

Some tricky fast younger players for cover

And having a few good Scottish players to add that little bit of passion would make me happy

Accies and Caley after complaining about our signings? WTF ?

12 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

Sounds like another John Fleck !