Get Well Soon Johnny Hubbard

Guest Lloyd72

11 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Great Ranger and looks like he still a tough wee bugger into the bargain, get well Johnny.

Looks like it mate! Good on him!

During the dark days after admin, It was so heart warming seeing guys like him and Sandy standing by the us and reminding us just how rich our history is! A real credit to the club. 

On 01/07/2017 at 1:47 PM, Ozblue said:

Johnny Hubbard gave me countless memories as a young lad until he retired and was a proper gentleman into the bargain. I wish the wee man a full and speedy recovery.

Was one of my late da's hero.  He said he was amazing at penaltys and he had never seen a better Rangers player or any player from the spot he was that good,   Said if we got awarded a penalty it was as good as a goal ?

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Was one of my late da's hero.  He said he was amazing at penaltys and he had never seen a better Rangers player or any player from the spot he was that good,   Said if we got awarded a penalty it was as good as a goal ?

The 12 yard assassin or the Ibrox penalty King...that was Johnny Hubbard. From 68 penalty kicks he scored 65 of them.He actually scored 22 in a row before big Corrie Walker saved his 23rd penalty at Broomfield. The other two 'keepers to save a penalty from Johnny was Bert Slater of Dundee at Ibrox and Jimmy Brown of Kilmarnock at Rugby Park. Johnny always said that he never missed a penalty kick; The three 'keepers mentioned just luckily saved them.

The strange thing is that Johnny mostly hit them the same way...Hard,low and to the 'keepers right and although virtually every keeper knew where he was going to put it, they still couldn't stop him. One of the best I have ever seen.

On 01/07/2017 at 11:20 PM, LegendofCoop said:

Looks like it mate! Good on him!

During the dark days after admin, It was so heart warming seeing guys like him and Sandy standing by the us and reminding us just how rich our history is! A real credit to the club. 

Great story,:tu: must have been some goal for SAF to say it was the best goal he ever seen.

How is the wee man? Feeling better , I hope.