We Desperatly Need Creative Wingers

TMB

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

2 holding midfielders against garbage can get to fuck.

We've signed wingers that are worse than we had.

Need to sign another 2 wide men that can create and score, a CM that can create and score (even with Pena we need another).

Bang on the money.

Kranjcar/Pena is what we have in terms of creation and one is prone to injury and won't play more than 25 games this season, the other is an alkie looking to reignite his career. It's simply not enough of a midfield to create chances and get us goals with every team we play falling back to two-rows-of-5 by the time we get the ball into the opposition half.

Candeias looks like he may have a cross in him but frankly we need some phsyical types that can run on the ball or hit quick through balls/crosses because even if Morelos steps up and contributes and Herrara punches above his weight we still won't score regularly without a vast improvement in how we attack and that won't come from the players we have.

26 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It doesn't matter if they're traditional wingers, or inside forwards.  I can see the value in either type of player.  My comments were more to do with the quality of the individuals in those wide positions, rather than their play style.  We have Herrera who is a target man and Morelas who looks quick on the deck and full of movement.  These player need service and our current wide players can't provide the service they need.  We need quality in those areas right now or we're fucked.

Morelos and Herrera are players that to me will need quick service if we're to have any hope of them coming good and at best we have Pena/Kranjcar in terms of creation at this point (simply nowhere near enough). Candeias has hit the odd cross but we need left/right and through the middle of a much better standard than what we have.

2 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Morelos and Herrera are players that to me will need quick service if we're to have any hope of them coming good and at best we have Pena/Kranjcar in terms of creation at this point (simply nowhere near enough). Candeias has hit the odd cross but we need left/right and through the middle of a much better standard than what we have.

As much as it pains me to says the front four for the bead rattlers last season scored something like 90 goals between them last season that's the difference 

9 hours ago, billscott said:

we just got rid of a left winger who could get past players surely the 2 we signed were bought for that purpose but on the evidence of 2 games they dont look capable

If the 2 new wingers can't get past part timers what fucking chance have we got, I'm fearing the worst for this season ahead

We aren't going to buy more wingers though. He's just sold one much better than those two for less than he paid for a 29yr old dud. 

I know it's early days but candeias looks terrible. Touch is poor, passing is worse and although he can run fast, Tav has taken on defenders and put more balls in than he has!

The guy saying who are they crossing it to may have a point but if you watch the training videos it's all quick 1-2s and low balls in near post etc and I haven't seen that once yet. 

The only time we have created a chance is when Tav has put a whipped ball in and then we can't finish! 

I'm not defending the wingers in any way shape or form, but they were not helped at all by the way that Pedro asked them to play. 

We looked like we had the fullbacks and wingers set up to do the same job. 

When you see a winger going by fullbacks it's usually from a bit deeper but they were pushed up that far on to the other teams fullbacks every time. 

Players will always look worse when they have been set up to fail. 

Manager out thought by a part time second rate manager. 

6 minutes ago, Cam1872 said:

I'm not defending the wingers in any way shape or form, but they were not helped at all by the way that Pedro asked them to play. 

We looked like we had the fullbacks and wingers set up to do the same job. 

When you see a winger going by fullbacks it's usually from a bit deeper but they were pushed up that far on to the other teams fullbacks every time. 

Players will always look worse when they have been set up to fail. 

Manager out thought by a part time second rate manager. 

As positive as I am still trying to be his tactics seems as predictable and slow as the bread mans.

To play two essentially  holding players ie jack and rossiter against a crowd like that defies logic,any rangers team should be able to go there not worry about the opposition and go all out for goals,, this game should've been a stroll, no more than a way of gaining fitness and confidence. Much as I would like to believe otherwise I think we will have to forget krankar, if he cant  run the show against that lot then hes finished.The problem is the wide player we so obviously need are not cheap, I honestly don't fuckin know where we will get one. Graham Dorrans will need to be one hell of a player.

Play 442 roll the sleeves up and fight for the Jersey fucking shower of shitebags. Ffs do you think over the last 50 years when I have watched the gers they played silky football not a chance But we always had a team that could battle and fight for every ball had players in every team and in every era that were not as good as some but they played with passion and with the heart and we're proud to wear the blue jersey. I haven't seen that for a good few years now with any of our teams. Forget about this 433 continental pish and get back to rolling the sleeves up and working hard trying to win football games. We need a good hard working manager who can  build a team from the back and have a strong core from back to front and I just don't think pedro or most of his signings will do. 

We could talk tactics all day, about how the new wingers seem worse than the old. However, at the end of the day all we had to do was hit the target once in 90 mins. Just one decent shot. We would now be moaning about the performance but looking forward to the next round.

Fucking abysmal that professional footballers couldn't get one decent shot on target, Miller excepted.