Jump to content

Changed Days


The Hammer127
 Share

Recommended Posts

Like so many the last time I attended a Rangers - Marseilles game we were one goal short of getting through to the Champions League final and we lost out to some bona fide i.e. REAL cheats.

2 things have changed fundamentally since then

1. Rupert Murdoch has cheapened football and now the main determinant of success is money and the main way to get that is if you're in one of the main European tv centres

2. The cabal of Rangers hating supporters of lesser Scottish clubs (not even the clubs with the notable exception of Celtic, but the fans), consumed by jealousy, hate and bitterness, tried their utmost to make us into the next Third Lanark. They did not succeed but the wounds inflicted will take a very long time to recover from but eventually we'll get there and it will utterly sicken them

We will follow on.

C'mon the Pedro

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye it makes you sick and angry thinking about everything that has happened to us since the last time we played Marseille still one of my fondest memories of an away Euro game at the Velodrome when Durrant scored in the second half to make it 1-1 we went crazy when that went in.

We are taking baby steps right now and the cowards are still trying to take advantage but we will get stronger as time goes on and eventually we will be back on top with the cowards looking up at us with rage and jealousy as they did back in 93.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The irony is, most sides who wanted us dead have suffered to the extent that they are now on the brink or have suffered severe financial hardship. 

Takes nothing away to the stuff we all went through in 2012 though. Horrible memories and ones i'll always remember. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Hammer127 said:

Like so many the last time I attended a Rangers - Marseilles game we were one goal short of getting through to the Champions League final and we lost out to some bona fide i.e. REAL cheats.

2 things have changed fundamentally since then

1. Rupert Murdoch has cheapened football and now the main determinant of success is money and the main way to get that is if you're in one of the main European tv centres

2. The cabal of Rangers hating supporters of lesser Scottish clubs (not even the clubs with the notable exception of Celtic, but the fans), consumed by jealousy, hate and bitterness, tried their utmost to make us into the next Third Lanark. They did not succeed but the wounds inflicted will take a very long time to recover from but eventually we'll get there and it will utterly sicken them

We will follow on.

C'mon the Pedro

We were knocking on the door back then with some outstanding players. It's still a sore one to this day as to how it all panned out. Changed days, but it will all come good again eventually. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Hammer127 said:

Like so many the last time I attended a Rangers - Marseilles game we were one goal short of getting through to the Champions League final and we lost out to some bona fide i.e. REAL cheats.

2 things have changed fundamentally since then

1. Rupert Murdoch has cheapened football and now the main determinant of success is money and the main way to get that is if you're in one of the main European tv centres

2. The cabal of Rangers hating supporters of lesser Scottish clubs (not even the clubs with the notable exception of Celtic, but the fans), consumed by jealousy, hate and bitterness, tried their utmost to make us into the next Third Lanark. They did not succeed but the wounds inflicted will take a very long time to recover from but eventually we'll get there and it will utterly sicken them

We will follow on.

C'mon the Pedro

Good post mate . Feel your passion in that

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kanjo said:

The irony is, most sides who wanted us dead have suffered to the extent that they are now on the brink or have suffered severe financial hardship. 

Takes nothing away to the stuff we all went through in 2012 though. Horrible memories and ones i'll always remember. 

Yet the irony is . They would probably blame us for their own incompetence and hate us even more

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We don't have much longer to get back on top.

10 must be stopped. Even if it means Dave King sells his family to fund it.

Think this season is too soon. But regardless of pre season results if this team gels and develops I think we can fuck them over. Bring it on scum bastards!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did we also play Marseille in a friendly that season too? Or was it one of the seasons before?

Anyway I've woken up today gutted I didn't activate my ticket and come up for it.

Enjoy Bears, but the good thing is is that we now enjoying friendlies again against a big club in Europe. Hopefully we also meet their types in Champion's League again in the next few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

Think this season is too soon. But regardless of pre season results if this team gels and develops I think we can fuck them over. Bring it on scum bastards!

Not a chance it will be this season but we are desperately running out of time 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Good post mate . Feel your passion in that

Thanks mate.

Feeling a lot more hopeful as well as passionate after today's performance. Alves and Kranjcar real class, Cardosa and Candeias not far behind and Jack and Tav very solid. Also Morelos looked a real livewire. There's definitely a team in there if we can stay reasonably injury free.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Yet the irony is . They would probably blame us for their own incompetence and hate us even more

Instead of taking a long hard look in the mirror to find out what's wrong with Scottish Football it's easier to just stick their head in the sand and blame big bad Rangers for all their failures. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, The Hammer127 said:

Like so many the last time I attended a Rangers - Marseilles game we were one goal short of getting through to the Champions League final and we lost out to some bona fide i.e. REAL cheats.

2 things have changed fundamentally since then

1. Rupert Murdoch has cheapened football and now the main determinant of success is money and the main way to get that is if you're in one of the main European tv centres

2. The cabal of Rangers hating supporters of lesser Scottish clubs (not even the clubs with the notable exception of Celtic, but the fans), consumed by jealousy, hate and bitterness, tried their utmost to make us into the next Third Lanark. They did not succeed but the wounds inflicted will take a very long time to recover from but eventually we'll get there and it will utterly sicken them

We will follow on.

C'mon the Pedro

The wounds might recover but the scars will remain forever. A constant reminder of how Scottish football repeatedly plunged the knife into our back whilst we were trying desperately to get back to our feet. 

We will never ever forget. Fuck the lot of them. No Surrender. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jam_piece said:

We could have won the champions league that year and possibly should have. We were massive players at that time were the biggest club in Britain. Fucking unreal how far scottish football has fallen. 

You're dead right - we were the best team in the Champions League both that season and season 1999-2000 when Michael Mols career was destroyed by Kahn (almost on the half way line!!!!!!!!!).

The playing field is now as level as an Olympic ski jump - before the game my younger son was reeling off to me how much this Marseilles player and that player had cost/was worth. It's now impossible for us to win the Champions League and UEFA is doing it's best to try to make sure Scottish clubs don't even get a chance to even compete. I know yesterday was only a friendly but given the stage of development our team is at we showed we will be able to compete again on the European stage. Loads of work to be done but I reckon Pedro has made some very good signings - Alves is sheer class and , as I said above, lots of others look to have loads of potential. Loved wee Morelos and hope he gets shedloads of game time. I'm convinced, at long last, we're heading in the right direction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Marseilles game still brings back bad memories for me.  We were better, playing well with top players and ........... we didn't have the bottle that night.  Were we frightened at coming so close?  Perhaps.  It wasn't we lost to a better team; we beat ourselves that night.  Maybe we were happy to have the experience of coming so close and ............ failing.  Is this part of the Scottish national character?  Daresay it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 22/07/2017 at 9:21 AM, kanjo said:

The irony is, most sides who wanted us dead have suffered to the extent that they are now on the brink or have suffered severe financial hardship. 

Takes nothing away to the stuff we all went through in 2012 though. Horrible memories and ones i'll always remember. 

Never Forgive or Forget and yet this Board with no balls want to build bridges they Fck right off

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

The Marseilles game still brings back bad memories for me.  We were better, playing well with top players and ........... we didn't have the bottle that night.  Were we frightened at coming so close?  Perhaps.  It wasn't we lost to a better team; we beat ourselves that night.  Maybe we were happy to have the experience of coming so close and ............ failing.  Is this part of the Scottish national character?  Daresay it is.

I thought they were better than us at the time. We were outclassed at home until a rip roaring 2nd half Scottish type performance got us back in it. And the away match was even ish. Just the way I saw it, I've been wrong before! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 18 January 2022 19:45 Until 21:45
      0  
      Aberdeen v Rangers
      Pittodrie
      Scottish Premiership
      Live on Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event
×
×
  • Create New...