Title Stripping - the simple debate

7 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Also if it hadn't been an EBT it would have been something else.

I pay my pension and childcare before tax is taken to reduce the amount of tax I pay. It's called salary sacrifice and I'd imagine anyone who pays into a company pension will be in a similar scheme. At the end of the day is done to reduce the amount of tax I pay.

Cheating Bastard? Your company wouldn't be able to employ you if it wasn't for the fact that you're avoiding paying more tax than you need to. #stripthepensions. ??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think the simple debate should be "why is there one". This whole scenario is a false one created by the Scottish media, who have perpetuated some brain dead mostly scum fans into believing their shite. Scum fc pandering to them, with that statement, in any normal circumstances would of seen sanctions and possible court action against them. 

9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Could you not have made your point without that heading 

Like I said .There are too many bears getting caught up in beggar speak .We are forgetting ourselves 

My Heading would have been 

"Fuck those rhancid corrupt papish bastards "

8 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Pedantic or fuckin what??? ??

Or fuck those anti-Ranger, anti-Scottish-football-bigots - after all - destroy Rangers and they'll ultimately destroy Scottish football.

33 minutes ago, buster. said:

Looking at it from a street perspective, it's difficult to say we didn't gain an advantage.

Legally, it's another matter and easy to argue against and it's the legal that is important.

I'm sorry but you've been drawn in by the propaganda of the Scottish media. No advantages has ever been gained by any football team by having players that don't pay their fair share of taxes. Tax avoidance schemes have been going on for decades and you'll be a fool to believe that its still not. If these players weren't using EBT's they would of been using something else.

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I'm sorry but you've been drawn in by the propaganda of the Scottish media. No advantages has ever been gained by any football team by having players that don't pay their fair share of taxes. Tax avoidance schemes have been going on for decades and you'll be a fool to believe that its still not. If these players weren't using EBT's they would of been using something else.

And there ends the debate.

Thread closed.

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

It's nothing to do with the Scottish media. At a financially difficult time, the scheme allowed us to offer more bottomline takehome salary and the reason you do it is to seek an advantage. However, as I aluded to previously, it doesn't guarrante you'll get one (might end-up meaning the reverse) and you can legally argue another way to fund the wagebill would have been found.

Just now, buster. said:

It's nothing to do with the Scottish media. At a financially difficult time, the scheme allowed us to offer more bottomline takehome salary and the reason you do it is to seek an advantage. However, as I aluded to previously, it doesn't guarrante you'll get one (might end-up meaning the reverse) and you can legally argue another way to fund the wagebill would have been found.

Do you honestly believe that football players today on the higher salaries are all paying their full liability for tax? The Scottish media are compliant in creating an agenda where there isn't one for the detriment of one football club. If it wasn't for EBT's these players that you claim Rangers couldn't afford would of found another scheme to reduce their tax liabilities.  For instance "film tax scheme".

23 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Do you honestly believe that football players today on the higher salaries are all paying their full liability for tax? The Scottish media are compliant in creating an agenda where there isn't one for the detriment of one football club. If it wasn't for EBT's these players that you claim Rangers couldn't afford would of found another scheme to reduce their tax liabilities.  For instance "film tax scheme".

I believe that a great deal of high earners (football or otherwise) are ripping the pish out of the tax system whilst picking up their Daily Mail and sneering at Sharon, the single parent claiming double child allowance for her pet bi-polar goldfish, Harry, .....which is obviously representative of why public services have insufficient funding.

---------------

If you had read my post carefully you'd see that I say that it could be argued other routes would have been found to fund wagebill.

As far as the 'street view' is concerned, what didn't help was Sir Duped (in court) and Eck (TV interview) coming out and saying what they did.

Forget the media for a moment and simply look at what you can see wrt to the matter at hand.

The bottomline for me is that although it will always be held against us, they won't be able to legally prove anything.

with regards to the matter in hand I will always see it different to you, in no way has any football club gained any sporting advantage by having players not paying their fair share in tax, is how I see it.

With regards to the media, why is the same amount of headlines and reporting not being spent investigating the current ripping the pish out of the tax system if it is as important to the integrity of the game as they claim.

It speaks volumes that only one organization called for a re-investigation and this organization can not be treated seriously in a normal society due to their immoral unlawful history being compliant in child abuse.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye right ye are then ..... if it was not for the concentrated bias being continually waged in the Scottish media ..... against our Club and no other .... then you may have a point .... the rest of your post I agree is correct though.

Unfortunately that is not the case as far as the bigoted media are concerned  ..... they are the main and ultimate reason for the spreading of all deliberate confusion of the facts to consistently keep their version of the story alive ... with the single objective of pandering to the scum and grinding our name into the dirt ... even when it has been legally decided we had no sporting advantage .... done and dusted. 

To deny that the media had and still are playing a major role in muddying the waters on the subject of EBT's ... and all other things Rangers related  ..... is ludicrous.

:UK:

What about the sporting advantage handed to the scum from Glasgow City Council? all around their stadium done up to make it more attractive for extra fans to go along and therefore extra revenue, and what about the money the scum saved on the dodgy deal for lennoxtown? Did the facility help persuade players to join them? was the money that was saved in the corrupt deal used to attract players that they could not afford otherwise?

Fucking two faced whinging bastards.

18 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye right ye are then ..... if it was not for the concentrated bias being continually waged in the Scottish media ..... against our Club and no other .... then you may have a point .... the rest of your post I agree is correct though.

Unfortunately that is not the case as far as the bigoted media are concerned  ..... they are the main and ultimate reason for the spreading of all deliberate confusion of the facts to consistently keep their version of the story alive ... with the single objective of pandering to the scum and grinding our name into the dirt ... even when it has been legally decided we had no sporting advantage .... done and dusted. 

To deny that the media had and still are playing a major role in muddying the waters on the subject of EBT's ... and all other things Rangers related  ..... is ludicrous.

You haven't bothered to take into account the context in which I said that about the media, ie. forming of my own opinion.

--------------------

The media in general are non-committal on where to go post SC verdict with some exceptions. Part of this is down to a lack of understanding and part down to politics.

At the sametime, they can't pretend that the verdict after a 7 year wait was undeserving of coverage and moreso was a commercial opportunity in the ironically traditional Old Firm controversial column to & fro 'battle'. 

--------------------

Another irony is that the 'battle' that may develop is between Celtic PLC and their own hardcore of fundamentalist amateur tax and legal experts who used to be football fans.

I don't think the PLC want 'title-stripping' or anything that may cause tremors/earthquakes within the enviroment that the business ply their trade. However, another aspect for them to take into consideration is fans spending their money on tickets, merchandise, etc. As always on-field events will effect general attitudes / attention given and if they were to do badly in Europe it may make it easier for the Res.12'ers or their new incorporation to garner suypport from the masses of green and grey, especially at a time when Green&Grey Brigade are supposedly out of favour at boardroom level.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:19 AM, buster. said:

Looking at it from a street perspective, it's difficult to say we didn't gain an advantage.

Legally, it's another matter and easy to argue against and it's the legal that is important.

Another way to look it at is, from a common sense perspective, is that Rangers had what they thought was sound advice that the scheme was kosher, it would therefor have been open to any of our competitors to operate the scheme should they so wish. Therefor no unfair advantage was sought. End of fucking story. 

22 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Another way to look it at is, from a common sense perspective, is that Rangers had what they thought was sound advice that the scheme was kosher, it would therefor have been open to any of our competitors to operate the scheme should they so wish. Therefor no unfair advantage was sought. End of fucking story. 

Rather than go backward, let's try and apply common sense going forwards.

What to do for those in charge of Scottish football (includes clubs) ?

A) Go against legal advice and open can of worms that could make 2012 seems like a pre-season friendly.

In so doing, threaten longterm revenue streams and effectivelly further downsize the Scottish game.

or

B) Take legal advice, get on with playing football and lose a negligable amount of fundamentalists to the game who'd probably return within a season.

On 30/07/2017 at 5:09 AM, Dazzler said:

Also if it hadn't been an EBT it would have been something else.

I pay my pension and childcare before tax is taken to reduce the amount of tax I pay. It's called salary sacrifice and I'd imagine anyone who pays into a company pension will be in a similar scheme. At the end of the day is done to reduce the amount of tax I pay.

It is ironic (and coincidental) that you should write this a few days after I had a raging argument with an ex-work colleague who had remained silent for years over EBT's pre the Supreme Court ruling and now suddenly decides to tell me we cheated the tax man for NINE years and that we should have titles and trophies stripped.Now as you would guess, this cunt is a tarrier, but he is a two faced lying tarrier into the bargain. No matter what I tried to explain to him made any difference; we were fucking thieves and should be punished severely by losing every honour we won over that period.

Almost giving up trying to knock some sense into his thick brain, I decided to change the subject and asked him where he had been because I hadn't seen him for a few years, even although he lives a few streets from me; and suddenly he fucked up and gave me the perfect ammunition to shoot him down in flames. He said he had been at his holiday home that he rents out most of the year and was doing some work to his two other investment properties he has about 150 km north of Sydney.

Bingo! I remembered how he managed to afford these properties and asked him how many years he had paid out the weekly maximum allowed in salary sacrifice? He answered he had done this since he arrived in Australia from Ayrshire in 1980 as a Mines Deputy. So I said to him that he had been "cheating and avoiding" tax for 37 years therefore stealing money from Schoolchildren, Pensioners, Hospitals etc and in effect should have his properties taken away from him? He said that sacrificing part of his salary  pre-tax was legal and he got a fucking mighty shock when I explained that Rangers EBT's were also legal at that time by law, so Rangers were not guilty of cheating the tax man at all.

He couldn't wait to get away from me, the fucking idiot.

26 minutes ago, buster. said:

Rather than go backward, let's try and apply common sense going forwards.

What to do for those in charge of Scottish football (includes clubs) ?

A) Go against legal advice and open can of worms that could make 2012 seems like a pre-season friendly.

In so doing, threaten longterm revenue streams and effectivelly further downsize the Scottish game.

or

B) Take legal advice, get on with playing football and lose a negligable amount of fundamentalists to the game who'd probably return within a season.

Go with b, lose the fundaMENTALISTS, no loss really. They don't in the most part go to games anyway.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

You haven't bothered to take into account the context in which I said that about the media, ie. forming of my own opinion.

Then don't start a post with the definitive ..... "It's nothing to do with the Scottish media" then .... as your own opinion as you say will be debated and challenged on that basis .... as you are giving the  impression you are defending the media up here in Scotland who are still .... in my own opinion .... complicit in distorting the truth whenever it involves The Rangers .... no matter the content involved.

That again is my own opinion simply formed over the years ... and recently confirmed by Tom the Taig English (I think he represents a portion of the Scottish media?) in his failed EBT Twitter argument with a senior member of the law community ..... a top tax lawyer and QC no less ....that was the context I was "bothered" about ... and was disputing in your post concerning the Scottish media .... the rest of your post I concurred with ..... which is strange ..... :p:

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

Go with b, lose the fundaMENTALISTS, no loss really. They don't in the most part go to games anyway.

That is what the game in general is trying to do, I'd include a two faced Celtic PLC that in that as well.

The fundamentalists obviously want the opposite.