Kenny Miller - I've had enough of him.

graeme_4

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's going to be a test for him, and Tavernier; not something they have done well with up to now; if we take what's been going on with the team in the last year as a whole. I think Wallace will do well with Alves and Cardoso alongside him. Caixinha has changed the role of the full back of late, where when we are defending they appear to become an extra centre-half, with the winger taking up the full back role; so they have to adjust again to a new style. Both full backs have struggled with that times during the game, and at Motherwell that was evident.

That's why I think going to a 3-5-2 with Tav & Lee playing wide off a middle 3 could be the answer to shutting down the opposition wide players. 

Fod

Cardoso Bruno Wilson

Tav Candeias Jack Dorrans Wallace

Herrea Morelos 

worth a punt. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That's why I think going to a 3-5-2 with Tav & Lee playing wide off a middle 3 could be the answer to shutting down the opposition wide players. 

Fod

Cardoso Bruno Wilson

Herrea Morelos 

worth a punt. 

I especially like your forward line, and with that we have both managed to bring the thread back on track!

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I am saying I believe he has no career aspirations down south or elsewhere as he is satisfied with his personal and footballing circumstances exactly where he is. He is happy with his lot and wants to bend his career here whilst developing the next phase which is coaching. As he is doing. Win win.

I hope that clarifies my opinion rather than you providing my opinion on my behalf.

Damning praise? Based on my view its win win situation rather than Turnberry's perceiving a courageous decision to his own detriment? Hardly damning praise.

Good thanks for the clarification - it was needed and I appreciate it. 

52 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Fod

Cardoso Bruno Wilson

Herrea Morelos 

worth a punt. 

Rather have Alnwick in goals.

Can't complain too much about the defence other than Wilson can be dodgy at times.

Windass on the left over Wallace every time and I don't see how Candeias and Tav would work on the right, one of them would have to make way for another centre mid.

That forward line is what I've wanted to see getting a proper chance for a couple of games now.

Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Rather have Alnwick in goals.

Can't complain too much about the defence other than Wilson can be dodgy at times.

Windass on the left over Wallace every time and I don't see how Candeias and Tav would work on the right, one of them would have to make way for another centre mid.

That forward line is what I've wanted to see getting a proper chance for a couple of games now.

Just my opinion.

I honestly don't know what folk see wrong with Fod but never mind, Windass on the left would leave us wide open to an attack down that side. I went Tav & Candeias because both can get up and down that right side and both are comfortable stepping inside   

Forward line I thought about giving Dodoo a run alongside Morelos just to see what it would be like. 

36 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I honestly don't know what folk see wrong with Fod but never mind, Windass on the left would leave us wide open to an attack down that side. I went Tav & Candeias because both can get up and down that right side and both are comfortable stepping inside   

Forward line I thought about giving Dodoo a run alongside Morelos just to see what it would be like. 

I just think Fod is a bit dodgy and the only way we're going to find out if Alnwick is any better is if we play him in games where he's going to be tested rather than against lower league dross.

We'd probably lose some attacking threat going with Wallace over Windass but I'd rather that than be more vulnerable defensively so that's a fair shout.

Tav and Candeias are just too similar IMO, it works with Tav at RB and Candeias on the wing but I think both of them in midfield would just get in the way of each other.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

And having pretty much gone full circle I'll reiterate that I praise him but don't go as far as you in it. 

I think he was content to lose the international thing as he still had more personal and footballing far goes that outweighed that loss of caps.

As is entirely his right.

And not his personal and family circumstances?

It would be naive to suggest those were not very important factors for him; they would have to be right for him. I just think that on it's own merits what he did was a good thing, and, of course we disagree on this, that it does make him a legend for the club. He's been very good for Rangers over the last few years, on and off the park I mean.

23 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I just think Fod is a bit dodgy and the only way we're going to find out if Alnwick is any better is if we play him in games where he's going to be tested rather than against lower league dross.

We'd probably lose some attacking threat going with Wallace over Windass but I'd rather that than be more vulnerable defensively so that's a fair shout.

Tav and Candeias are just too similar IMO, it works with Tav at RB and Candeias on the wing but I think both of them in midfield would just get in the way of each other.

Alnwick certainly deserves his chance. 

With Tav & Candeias Im maybe falling into the old problem of trying to find a place for players on form rather than playing a player in his position, so your probably right on that one.