Kenny Miller - I've had enough of him.

graeme_4

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, FSM said:

Why Alves then? What's your basis for giving him the armband?

Experience, the way he acts on the pitch, the way he talks off it, he is more of a leader than Wallace imo but that's not a massive achievement. I think Dorrans would be a good option also if Bruno doesn't get it but we need a real captain because so far this season the 3 players we've had wearing the armband have been Wallace, Miller and Niko:megaanguish:

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Experience, the way he acts on the pitch, the way he talks off it, he is more of a leader than Wallace imo but that's not a massive achievement. I think Dorrans would be a good option also if Bruno doesn't get it but we need a real captain because so far this season the 3 players we've had wearing the armband have been Wallace, Miller and Niko:megaanguish:

Sorry, but I haven't (yet) seen any of the leadership qualities you seem to have seen in him, other than experience, which is not really enough to award him the armband.

5 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

I think Wallace was right to keep it this year and as I've said before he should be club captain til he leaves but this is his last season for me in the team unless he improves though. 

@Tenerife Bear Think Jack's an ideal long term replacement based on what we have seen so far.

Someone who is a natural captain, and will be a captain one day, possibly not for us is Cardoso; that guy is a natural and whether he stays with us, or moves away, will be a captain. Looks a team leader, and the most natural one I've seen at the club in a long time. I agree with what you say about Wallace though, and he should remain captain.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Someone who is a natural captain, and will be a captain one day, possibly not for us is Cardoso; that guy is a natural and whether he stays with us, or moves away, will be a captain. Looks a team leader, and the most natural one I've seen at the club in a long time. I agree with what you say about Wallace though, and he should remain captain.

Can't say I've noticed that about Cardoso, like the look of him(apart from Saturday) but he hasn't struck me as a leader.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, FSM said:

Sorry, but I haven't (yet) seen any of the leadership qualities you seem to have seen in him, other than experience, which is not really enough to award him the armband.

I've not seen any leadership qaulities from Wallace either and he's been here 5 years..I hate saying that about Wallace too cause I like him and want him to stay but he just isn't captain material. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

We need Pena for that and I'm far from convinced we will ever see the best of him. 

I'm unsure still I think he looked ok in flashes last Saturday and with a bit more match fitness he could maybe be a decent players 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It came across as having a pop - perhaps I'm just a sensitive soul.

Wallace is Skillful, pacy, and proven. A lot is asked of him and he delivers - is he going to be signed Barcelona any time soon? Nope. But he is probably the best left back in Scotland imho. He has captained us through turbulent times and always remain dignified and I like that we now have a few leaders in our team not just him. Good captain and done or shown nothing to warrant being dropped when fit. 

Tierney is the best left back by s country mile.

Id suggest Logan at the sheep also offers more defensively, offensively and consistently.

For you to suggest Wallace is better than Tierney shows how insular, blinkered and pathetic your opinion is on this one. Which is at least consistent ftom you.

You talk about loyalty another post. Sometimes the inability to see what is in front of you, or the refusal to, - Wallace, Miller, McCoist as manager - leaves you backing the wrong horse which is actually harmful / counter productive towards the club.

When this characteristic is displayed so often it really is embarrassing for you, hence why you're often the target of ridicule.  But so what, pitch forks out eh?

39 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Wallace is Skillful, pacy, and proven. A lot is asked of him and he delivers - is he going to be signed Barcelona any time soon? Nope. But he is probably the best left back in Scotland imho. He has captained us through turbulent times and always remain dignified and I like that we now have a few leaders in our team not just him. Good captain and done or shown nothing to warrant being dropped when fit. 

Even you can't believe that. 

I like Wallace, he works hard and seems a lovely guy, but he's mediocre as a Rangers player. 

Weakest link in our back four IMO. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Tierney is the best left back by s country mile.

Id suggest Logan at the sheep also offers more defensively, offensively and consistently.

For you to suggest Wallace is better than Tierney shows how insular, blinkered and pathetic your opinion is on this one. Which is at least consistent ftom you.

You talk about loyalty another post. Sometimes the inability to see what is in front of you, or the refusal to, - Wallace, Miller, McCoist as manager - leaves you backing the wrong horse which is actually harmful / counter productive towards the club.

When this characteristic is displayed so often it really is embarrassing for you, hence why you're often the target of ridicule.  But so what, pitch forks out eh?

Then again I could just hate and be blind to what is good in front of me. Like you. 

Logan's ok Thierney gets caught out when teams come at him but he's in a better side than we currently have - but under pressure Wallace is Better. Neither would get in our team in front of Wallace. 

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Then again I could just hate and be blind to what is good in front of me. Like you. 

Logan's ok Thierney gets caught out when teams come at him but he's in a better side than we currently have - but under pressure Wallace is Better. Neither would get in our team in front of Wallace. 

Graeme Shinnie is better than all three, and he plays in central midfield.

16 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You accuse him of blind hatred whilst you have nothing but blind faith, very ironic.

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

His ability to defend a cross and indeed track the man in behind has been evident for some time. If I was to dig out some stats anecdotally I'd wager there's a high percentage of successful attacks are down our left aimed at our weakest area. 

Opposition managers have well sussed that. It's a pity we have not addressed it.  

Wallace's over reliance on his left peg limits him greatly 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Why do always go straight to the your just a hater when ever it's pointed out your totally. 

Teirney I'm sad to say would walk past Wallace into our team before Lee has even got his boots on. The fact you think he is solid with wingers running at him is laughable. He hardly ever stops a winger getting to the by line and swingimg a cross, for you claim different just shows you how blinded you are. 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

????

I'm backing Pedro (guardedly) whilst others berate him.

I love the look of Morelos. Jack and Dorrans I'm excited by. The centre halves were poor Saturday but I believe could grow in the leagues best pairing.

I've said for me the best signing was Candeias as he was an unknown and I think can be electric.

Rossiter I believe will develop into a great player.

Aiden Wilson hugely impressed me and I'd love to see as 4th centre half and given opportunities.

Is it this kind of blindness and hatred? Or does it not suit your agenda when someone both praises and criticises?

Tierney gets caught out and is poorer than Wallace under pressure. That is just deluded. I've rarely seen a fault from him, I don't remember him gifting a goal to date and their left side is stronger than right at the back. He's looked assured at spl, international and CL levels. And I'd say is worth about 5 times Wallace if both transferred. But aye whatever 

You're like the devoted burd that gets cheated on and skelp by her man but refuses to see the bad in him or that there's better out there ?

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

His ability to defend a cross and indeed track the man in behind has been evident for some time. If I was to dig out some stats anecdotally I'd wager there's a high percentage of successful attacks are down our left aimed at our weakest area. 

Opposition managers have well sussed that. It's a pity we have not addressed it.  

Wallace's over reliance on his left peg limits him greatly 

We lose goals - it needs addressed -  anecdotally the number down the right where tav had wandered upfield and jogged back worries me far more than Wallace being upfield. Having decent centre backs and a decent holding midfielder helps - after all it's a team game. 

52 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

????

I'm backing Pedro (guardedly) whilst others berate him.

I love the look of Morelos. Jack and Dorrans I'm excited by. The centre halves were poor Saturday but I believe could grow in the leagues best pairing.

I've said for me the best signing was Candeias as he was an unknown and I think can be electric.

Rossiter I believe will develop into a great player.

Aiden Wilson hugely impressed me and I'd love to see as 4th centre half and given opportunities.

Is it this kind of blindness and hatred? Or does it not suit your agenda when someone both praises and criticises?

Tierney gets caught out and is poorer than Wallace under pressure. That is just deluded. I've rarely seen a fault from him, I don't remember him gifting a goal to date and their left side is stronger than right at the back. He's looked assured at spl, international and CL levels. And I'd say is worth about 5 times Wallace if both transferred. But aye whatever 

You're like the devoted burd that gets cheated on and skelp by her man but refuses to see the bad in him or that there's better out there ?

I have no problem with debating pros and cons - I get into it when a player ( or manager ) gets called a cunt, a shitebag, and other such things - all our players deserve some respect often missing from folks that say there are supporters. 

There is more to a team than individual skill - there is the team dynamic - looking at Wallace and miller, could we do better - of course - give us EPL cash and they don't play for us- but with our budget, where we are and level of Scottish football they are good players in a small pool of mediocrity - but they are our players and ( imho) that buys them, or should buy them respect from supporters.

as for Pedro I'm firmly in the cautious but hopeful camp.