Kenny Miller - I've had enough of him.

graeme_4

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You might as well play Dorrams pushed up sitting behind Morelos, at least he knows where the goal is and also knows how to play in the middle. 

I'd play Dorrans wide left tbh

16 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It came across as having a pop - perhaps I'm just a sensitive soul.

Wallace is Skillful, pacy, and proven. A lot is asked of him and he delivers - is he going to be signed Barcelona any time soon? Nope. But he is probably the best left back in Scotland imho. He has captained us through turbulent times and always remain dignified and I like that we now have a few leaders in our team not just him. Good captain and done or shown nothing to warrant being dropped when fit. 

What is asked of him first and foremost is to defend and stop crosses coming into the box, something that fails miserably at and has cost us goals week after week and will continues to do so. 

To claim he is the best left back in the country is just nonsense. 

14 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'd give the armband to Alves, but keep Wallace as the official captain

Why?

I always hate the logic that someone should be given the captain's armband just because they're old or played for a few decent teams in the past. For all we know Bruno is a complete moron.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'd play Dorrans wide left tbh

Aye, wouldn't be a bad idea either. Was just thinking that on Saturday once Windass went back into his spice boy shell. You could've had Rossiter on for Miller, Windass off and play Pena/Krancjar behind the front man.  

Mentioned playing behind Morelos because if Pedro wants Miller to play that way he might as well play Dorrans who can make a better job of it. 

1 minute ago, FSM said:

Why?

I always hate the logic that someone should be given the captain's armband just because they're old or played for a few decent teams in the past. For all we know Bruno is a complete moron off the field.

Would give the Armband to Dorrans. 

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Who gets captaincy then?

Alves?

It's my opinion and my opinion only that whoever the new manager was, had to make his captain and leader of his team his number 1 priority. Removing Wallace who has been mediocre for a few seasons now, if not longer, was a decision which had to be made and Pedro bottled it. As it was when Warburton came in, and he bottled it too. If PC thinks Wallace was good enough to keep his place in the team then we are in bigger trouble than even i thought but not replacing him as captain at least was weakness on the gaffers part.  

Bruno Alves was his number one target, he is fellow Portuguese, a man with presence, with great experience, someone the manager will undoubtedly rely on in his time here, then why not make it official and name him captain? He is certainly of the correct calibre to captain Rangers FC, unlike Wallace who was nothing more than a token gesture to take us through the lower leagues. I don't know if i would have made BA captain but it's make perfect sense that Pedro would. But then replacing Miller with Rossiter also made perfect sense at the weekend and he never done that either so those kind of failures on PCs part simply make me, and other folk by the way, question him. 

He talks a good game, or does he? He certainly can't walk the walk, that is for sure. And that debate brings us back on topic. The decision to keep Kenny and use him as an integral part of our team. It's a dreadful decision. 

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye, wouldn't be a bad idea either. Was just thinking that on Saturday once Windass went back into his spice boy shell. You could've had Rossiter on for Miller, Windass off and play Pena/Krancjar behind the front man.  

Mentioned playing behind Morelos because if Pedro wants Miller to play that way he might as well play Dorrans who can make a better job of it. 

I think Herrera would be a decent partner for Morelos if they actually play off each other, Dorrans wide left and floating between there and the no 10 position to link the attack and midfield. Then Candeias on the right because he's Pacey as fuck and can cross the ball. Not sure who the othe CM would be next to jack, maybe Pena if he's fit.

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He should be getting fuck all thus far.

Harsh, been hung out to dry by our fullbacks and his lack of pace is obvious. Need to give him time to adjust

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

I think Herrera would be a decent partner for Morelos if they actually play off each other, Dorrans wide left and floating between there and the no 10 position to link the attack and midfield. Then Candeias on the right because he's Pacey as fuck and can cross the ball. Not sure who the othe CM would be next to jack, maybe Pena if he's fit.

Sounds like a plan, no idea if Pena can play that role which is why I went with Rossiter

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sounds like a plan, no idea if Pena can play that role which is why I went with Rossiter

I think Jack and Rossiter together slows down our team too much, has to be one or the other imo

3 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's my opinion and my opinion only that whoever the new manager was, had to make his captain and leader of his team his number 1 priority. Removing Wallace who has been mediocre for a few seasons now, if not longer, was a decision which had to be made and Pedro bottled it. As it was when Warburton came in, and he bottled it too. If PC thinks Wallace was good enough to keep his place in the team then we are in bigger trouble than even i thought but not replacing him as captain at least was weakness on the gaffers part.  

Bruno Alves was his number one target, he is fellow Portuguese, a man with presence, with great experience, someone the manager will undoubtedly rely on in his time here, then why not make it official and name him captain? He is certainly of the correct calibre to captain Rangers FC, unlike Wallace who was nothing more than a token gesture to take us through the lower leagues. I don't know if i would have made BA captain but it's make perfect sense that Pedro would. But then replacing Miller with Rossiter also made perfect sense at the weekend and he never done that either so those kind of failures on PCs part simply make me, and other folk by the way, question him. 

He talks a good game, or does he? He certainly can't walk the walk, that is for sure. And that debate brings us back on topic. The decision to keep Kenny and use him as an integral part of our team. It's a dreadful decision. 

Nobody should be given the captaincy as soon as they join a club, especially not now, when he's shown fuck all.

N

Harsh, been hung out to dry by our fullbacks and his lack of pace is obvious. Need to give him time to adjust

Shite, the exact same excuse was used for Kiernan and Wilson. The 3 on 1 against Motherwell was his fault as well imo. Luckily a mix between decent defending and shite attacking saved us.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nobody should be given the captaincy as soon as they join a club, especially not now, when he's shown fuck all.

N

Shite, the exact same excuse was used for Kiernan and Wilson. The 3 on 1 against Motherwell was his fault as well imo. Luckily a mix between decent defending and shite attacking saved us.

Agree with that, he needs to realise he doesn't have the pace to recover anymore so he should stay in position. Will be a good defender for us still

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

What utter nonsense. Our club has been crying out for proper leadership on the park for almost 6 years now. In our state there was never any avenue for anyone to grow into it. We have signed almost a whole new team every year since Walter left, there has be absolutely no continuity. We have been at a stage, 3 or 4 times in the last 6 years where we needed a man to come in and build a legacy and longevity in the squad and that includes a player to be his leader. We absolutely needed to find and sign our captain for the next 5 years + this summer. 

15 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Agree with that, he needs to realise he doesn't have the pace to recover anymore so he should stay in position. Will be a good defender for us still

You've just said that Alves should be given the armband a few posts ago, 'liked' a post suggesting that Dorrans should be given the armband and now saying you agree that no player who has just arrived at the club should be given the armband?

The fuck?

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, FSM said:

You've just said that Alves should be given the armband a few posts ago, 'liked' a post suggesting that Dorrans should be given the armband and now saying you agree that no player who has just arrived at the club should be given the armband?

The fuck?

I said that I agree Alves was at fault for the 3 on 1 situation at Motherwell, I liked that post because I think Dorrans would be another good candidate for the captaincy and I do believe he should be given the armband. The amount of time spent at a club shouldn't matter, we need someone to lead our team.

I said that I agree Alves was at fault for the 3 on 1 situation at Motherwell, I liked that post because I think Dorrans would be another good candidate for the captaincy and I do believe he should be given the armband. The amount of time spent at a club shouldn't matter, we need someone to lead our team.

Why Alves then? What's your basis for giving him the armband?

21 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

What utter nonsense. Our club has been crying out for proper leadership on the park for almost 6 years now. In our state there was never any avenue for anyone to grow into it. We have signed almost a whole new team every year since Walter left, there has be absolutely no continuity. We have been at a stage, 3 or 4 times in the last 6 years where we needed a man to come in and build a legacy and longevity in the squad and that includes a player to be his leader. We absolutely needed to find and sign our captain for the next 5 years + this summer. 

Nothing says longevity like appointing a soon to be 36 year old as captain.

44 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What is asked of him first and foremost is to defend and stop crosses coming into the box, something that fails miserably at and has cost us goals week after week and will continues to do so. 

To claim he is the best left back in the country is just nonsense. 

It's nonsense to say he has cost us goals week after week - utter bullocks  - and it's my opinion he is best in Scotland ( when fit) 

23 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

So we sign someone, make him captain, and he turns out to be a complete failure, that would be very stupid, wouldn't it?

I think Wallace was right to keep it this year and as I've said before he should be club captain til he leaves but this is his last season for me in the team unless he improves though. 

@Tenerife Bear Think Jack's an ideal long term replacement based on what we have seen so far.